Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloth toilet paper

Red face Cloth toilet paper

Since having 'issues' with my plumbing ive been considering more and more using cloth wipes for me instead of normal toilet paper.

I would love to hear from others who use it or even considered it. Im starting this as of TOMORROW because of what im going through.

nope but i have used disposable nappy wipes

When i had an anal fissure i was told not to use normal toilet paper as it was very irritating.. I used to use disposable baby wipes for months until it healed, and everytime i think it might be coming back i revert to wipes again.

If your washing cloth baby wipes anyway, there is no difference if you have used it or if the kids have in terms of grossness factor, so i would go for it, but as we don't have cloth here (but will for the next kid), i just went with the easier option (i was also exhausted from having a newborn and other post birth issues), even though it created landfill

Yep! Do it and cant understand why we still use paper to wipe! lol
    I did notice though Sorbent now to wet wipes for the loo.

Glad someone else mentioned this - I threw the idea up with DH a few months ago for the store and he was unconvinced other people would go for it - even if they did use cloth on their kids. So I have renewed hope

Limeslice this is something I've been thinking lately too! DS is nearly out of nappies, and I was thinking the other day "when will we start using toilet paper to wipe his bottom" and then I thought, why do we have to? Had a bit of a look around on the net and it's something other people do, they call it family cloth. Like Yael I figured it's no different to washing nappies and it doesn't make any difference who's been using it.

Funny that it took so long for the double standard to occur to me really! LOL

I've been toying with the idea for a while and I'm considering just keeping the cloths in the loo for myself (and DH if he wants) to use, and just leave the paper for visitors. I can't imagine imposing cloth - people think i'm a nutty hippy as it is LOL

Ive tried to show my mum my cloth pads and she shudders and tells me ive gone backwards in time Imagine what she'll beliek if I tell her I use cloth toilet paper

Ive got my velour out and my bamboo terry and plan on making my personal wipes today..im not sur ehow many.
    LS how many would you suggest I make hon? 10 -20?

I've thought about it too. Shel is completely unconvinced, but then she's a bit icky on the cloth wipes factor too because apparently theres just too much poo left over and she hates having to wash them down before they go in the bucket.

I don't know why I don't use them for number ones at least keep a bucket next too the toilet like for the cloth pads and it would save on toilet paper hey... I'll juss have to remember NOT to drop it in the toilet!!!!!

Ok I'm going to go for cloth wipes for at least number ones and see how we go. We use so much toilet paper and honestly I have no idea why!

So using them dry for number ones would work out, but would you have them sitting in some water/chamomile/wipes solution for number twos?

ETA: LOL Tish I know how you feel, we have our CLEAN cloth pads in a CLOSED wetbag hanging from the toilet roll holder in the bathroom and we still get the "do you have to have them THERE" comments. Uh, it was closed you sticky beak! I can just imagine the conversation about cloth wipes for adults! Ah, they'll think we've completely cracked!
    Last edited by Indadhanu; February 21st, 2010 at 10:39 AM.

We are the FUTURE Maz!! Sod your mum ;P lol

I woudl do at least 20...The kids will start using them for the novelty factor once you do...then of course they will HAVE to use 4 times as many as they actually need...

Leash - a spray bottle of wipes solution on the back of the toilet next to the pile of wipes ought to do it

thanks hon. Ive found some small velour wipes I overlocked together out of scrap's and ive already used one....**** devine!!!!! no owies on my poo poo's

will be defently cutting more out later tonight...have to much other stuff that needs done but have enough for today

Leish - ive got a container on a shelf for mine

Great idea Maz.... sounds like it would definitely be the softer option for you

You'd DEFINITELY need your little squirt with those though hehehe

sounds like a good idea to me. I had some issues in that same area a while ago and my GP said keep a bottle of johnsons baby lotion in the toilet and put some of that on the toilet paper to make it softer and helps clean things without need for too much rubbing. that worked well and coudl be worth having a bottle in your bag for when you are out.

you could of course just get a bidet Maz... lol

I think it's a good idea. Loo paper costs a small fortune. I did get irritated by loo paper down there while pregnant too. i guess wiping your bits with tree matter 1000 times a day because a baby squashing your bladder would do that to anyone tho.

Quote Originally Posted by LimeSlice View Post
    you could of course just get a bidet Maz... lol
    going to do that in the next house hon im hanging for it

I am seriously thinking of doing this Maz... have been for a while. With so many people in the house we go through so much toilet paper! So I was thinking of cloth for #1 and paper for #2 Just gotta do it. Wasn't thinking of anything fancy though.

now you've got me wanting to do it Maz!! I have very sensitive skin and react to perfumes and dyes in all loo papers except the hypoallergenic ones, which cost a small fortune. DH will think I really am nuts. But at least with the ensuite we dont have to have them where visitors will see them :laugh:

Tanya I can help you and YAY you'll be able to use that darn over locker for once . Im going full hog....have to with my butt atm

Ali - thats another reason I want to do it.....my tush doesnt feel raw today

hmm now this is a interesting/good idea so let me get this straight instead of using toilet paper when you go to the loo you use coth instead?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast