Thread: How many post partum pads?

Default How many post partum pads?

As the title says, how many post partum pads should I get? I have several twinklelily biggsies but am thinking the extra 3cm in length of the post partum pads might be useful, especially in the early days.

I took at least 2 packs of Libra maternity/goodnights with me in the hospital bag.

Thanks for replying Chrispe.

I should have specified that I'm after cloth pads.

Are you only going to use cloth?

Last time i bled for 6 weeks so i am planning to use cloth pads this time (cos i was way over that plastic yuck feeling), but i am thinking of using disposables for the first few days.

Would love to make my own but want to get the right materials.

Was also thinking of using nappy flannel 'pads' during labour for any fluid.

I am also not sure how many to get

My personal rule (with disposables, but the theory is probably the same for cloth), was to think about how many I might need, and double it, lol! I change mine quite often so go through quite a lot of pads.

Lol okey dokey.

2pack of libra = 28 pads (for the hospital) not sure if cloth is as absorbent (haven't used them) but I'd say at a guess you would want at least 20+ depending on how much washing you plan to do.....

Have you seen Maz-a-licious pads? Look her up on FB. I used tena lady pads, they were long and padded and comfy!

I think it depends on how much you bleed. The first pad I had was disposable then the rest were cloth I really didn't need that many as I didn't bleed much at all. Maybe 12 that should give you time to get some washed and dried in time. Can't remember how many I had but I had way too many big ones anyway many used the smaller and liner ones as I bled very lightly for 6 weeks. Haha but then I got my period.

Forgot to add maybe get 2-3post partum ones