Thread: TwinkleLily Mamapads?

Default TwinkleLily Mamapads?

So not actually about cloth nappies, but a similar kind of thing.

I was just looking at the baby beehinds website and saw TwinkleLily mamapads. These are reusable menstrual pads. Now at first I thought eww! But then I thought, well why is that any worse than reusable nappies? I am really happy with my cloth nappies and (at the risk of sounding smug) I'm proud of not contributing to the waste that disposables create.

So I thought I might try them. Has anyone else tried them or a similar product? Any thoughts?

I love my Twinklelily's. I have 4 of them and OMG they are so nice against your delicate bits I have the 'biggsies' and they are really great for a super heavy flow - and I have really given them a work out on that front. I haven't had a problem with staining so long as you wash any blood off them before you soak them. You just can't use fabric softener in the washing otherwise the PUL buggers up. I highly recommend them

Thanks for your reply Trillian. I didn't realise there was a cloth pad section on BB, I'll have to do some reading.

Is it weird that I'm excited about cloth pads? I was saying to my husband that this might officially make me a tree hugging hippy!

I really love mine and they look so pretty too that it's a shame that no one ever gets to see them LOL.

LOL Trillian. I'm always showing off DD's cloth nappies. They look so cute under dresses. Probably not a good idea to do the same with cloth pads.

Well, it just occurred to me that I don't have to be in any hurry about cloth pads. I have bought a couple of packs of maternity pads and together with what is left in my period drawer I should be right for after bub is born. My period didn't return until DD was 8 months old, which I kind of forgot, so I shouldn't need pads for a while.

I have become quite passionate about cloth nappies recently and I was excited to try cloth pads too. I would like to tell people about this, but I don't think it would go down well. People get so freaked out when I talk about cloth nappies!

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    I really love mine and they look so pretty too that it's a shame that no one ever gets to see them LOL.
    LOL!! That's what I reckon too!

I love my Twinkle Lily's! I just got 2 a few weeks ago and recently got AF so I could try them! They are soooo soft.... MUCH nicer than disposable. Makes me wonder why I didn't try them sooner!!!!

I just ordered 3 of the Bohemian Rainbow Pads! I'm a bit addicted hehe