Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Baby Hammocks # 2

new there the amby ones are around $300 but look at ebay i brought mine of there for $120 postage included.There is one on there in south yarra at the moment.

...just spent last hour or more reading this thread...

DS is refluxer, needs to be rocked to sleep and only sleeps during day for 30 - 40 mins. DH and I are thinking we might try a hammock. I read that some people keep their bubs in till nearly 1yr!
    So, what sort of weight can they handle? DS is 4 mths, Im guessing he is still young enough to transition from a bassinet into a hammock?
    We need one that wont take up too much room but needs to be on a stand, we cant attatch to door or ceiling (looks like the amby is compact design). What other brands are there? I looked up the NZ one called Natures Sway also, quite pricey.

Any further advise?

The amby can take up to 15 kilos, you can buy a stronger spring to take them further, is quiet compact, my dd started in ours at 8 weeks and tranistioned to a cot at 8 months becuse she learnt to roll over in it. You can get them second hand on ebay etc to save cost. Thats how I got mine.

Consider the length as well as the weight recommendations as taller babies will not fit in for as long.

I went with the natures sway (but did not need to purchase the stand as we were able to suspend from the ceiling) and it was fantastic. It can deal with a long/tall baby - not sure of the exact dimensions but it does appear bigger than the Amby. Hopefully someone with an Amby can give you some advice on their length limit, but they do look more than adequate. Bear in mind, if you don't have a particularly tall baby you should be fine.

I think that generally most babies transition out of the hammock at around the 8 month mark due to the fact that they want to roll around in their sleep. That said, some babies definitely do last longer. So you still should get 4 months of use at least. I believe that it is absolutely worth it. I used to say it was the best money we spent on DD, it would have been worth it for even one week of decent sleep in my opinion! If you can get one on ebay a little cheaper - all the better!

Salsa, I don't know if you have checked the Amby website for the dimensions, but they do have them on there. The frame is 5ft high, 710mm wide, and 940mm deep (from their website) They also have the mattress dimensions on there too.

Hi Girls,

Just wondering if anyone has used or heard anything in regards to the Kanoe baby hammock?

We've purchased one for our first bub, due shortly, and just wanting a bit of feedback or any tips, etc.

Any info anyone has would be great

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567