Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wanted to know I wasn't the only co-sleeper :)

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinZulu View Post
    Not alone! We shared the bed with DD from the very first day she was born. At first it was my DD, my DH and myself, but now we are separated and DD is bigger, so it's just DD and I.
    We are the same as PZ

First daughter we started co sleeping from 6 weeks and never looked back! Kicked hubby into the spare room (he snores like a flippin freight train, so this was the best excuse to kick him out! << insert evil laugh)

As soon as lil miss Z was born she was co-sleeping with me! Lil Miss H, now 4, sleeps in her own room...unless she wakes up, then she crawls into the spare room with dad! .. she enjoys his snoring :| Kids really are weird.

I couldn't imagine not having co-slept with my babies. Really is an amazing bonding time xx

Another co sleeper here, in a different room from DP for exactly the same reasons You're definitely not alone! DS3 was 2 last month and I'm still sleeping with him in his room. No plans to do otherwise just yet, We've just broken free of 2 hourly wake ups all night long, so there's no way I'm changing a thing right now for fear of losing the new found sleep I'm getting

I say don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If you're comfortable, happy & safely co sleeping then go ahead and enjoy every moment. The years your bubbas want to sleep in your bed fly by so fast so just enjoy the cuddles & the sleep. My eldest 2 co slept until 7. DD1 (14) still hops in with me when DH isn't here

Quote Originally Posted by Claires_Mummy View Post
    I used to feel so trapped in that room because my DD had got so accustomed to sleeping with me that she would not sleep alone and after 24 hours of full on contact i felt that there was no time to just stop and have a breather and just be me (does that make me sound terrible??)
    I have felt the same way But having 2 older DSs 20years and about to be 18 years I keep thinking that in the blink of an eye they are grown up and don't want to get in bed with you any more, or have lots of cuddles, or spend more than 10 minutes with you a lot of the time lol So I stick with it and try to relax, let go and enjoy it. I won't lie, I do have my 'Just leave me alone!' moments.

I co-sleep with DS most nights and he is 4 in march. He was bf until he was almost 3. We bought him a king single when he was 6 mnths old so I could sleep with him.
    Between 1 and 18 mnths we did encourage him to go to sleep on his own and I join him most nights from after midnight. We have had a few nights where he has slept through and there will come a day when he won't want me there.
    There were definite days where I was all cuddled out but now he is older and very independent I like being able to cuddle him at night cause there are days where I don't get too.

Quote Originally Posted by eutra_phalia View Post
    we have a cot with one side removed up against our bed - DS sleeps there within arms reach of me. He usually wakes at around 6am for a feed - once he's done we go back to sleep together with him in my arms in our bed. We've done this since the day he was born. He's a very content and happy baby, and is also very independent and outgoing - happy to cuddle strangers and happily entertains himself playing several times through the day. Neither DH nor I have felt at all sleep deprived since he came along - it makes night feeds so much easier (I imagine!)
    We do the same for DD after abt a week back from the hospital. She
    was in her cot in our room coz DH was worried he'll squash her. But he got used to it. The best bit is cuddling her to bed & waking up with a smiley face looking at you.

Don't feel ure alone. There's more co-sleepers than u think. In Asia just abt EVERYONE I know co-sleeps. It's much more normal than its portrayed here.

No way are you alone in either co-sleeping or those feelings. In May I'll have been doing it for 6 years and DH is prepared for more with another one due in a few weeks. It works best for everyone.
    DS knows he's about to be moved over for the baby, but he's excited he gets to share too. He loves sharing with DD....shame she's not so keen lol.

I cosleep with my daughter and my husband. Get a king size bed now - you might have a lot of years ahead of you - get comfortable.
    BTW you are well in the majority. Most of the worlds population cosleep with their children. It's normal

We room shared with Rhino from the day he came home until he was 14.5 months old. He had a cradle, then a portable tent he slept in beside my side of the bed. From about 2 months old, he would sleep in our bed with us, whenever he woke overnight.

Even now, when he's in his cot in his own room, if he wakes overnight, he comes into bed with us...

It gets us all to sleep quicker, and for longer - can't really see the problem with it!

(I am DEFINITELY in the minority with my work mates/church friends/family/other friends).

I have DS & DD3 in my bed. I've started attempting the bed & cot, but I'm thinking they'd be better off in a double bed together

DD1 was in our bed until 6 months and then in a cot right next to our bed until she was 18 months. DD2 was in our bed until about 4 months and is now in a cot next to our bed. I would have kept bed sharing with her but I was tossing and turning all night and waking her up.

I didn't co-sleep at all with DS1 (it wasn't the done thing)
    With DD I used to nap/BF in bed with her while DS1 was napping.
    DS2 was prem & a lot of stuff I read said it's actually safer for a prem to co-sleep (mum is more likely to notice if something goes wrong) So he used to start the night in his bassinet (in the lounge with me) then when he woke later I would feed him in bed & he would stay there for the rest of the night (feeding on & off) until he was around 10months old & wasnt sleeping properly in our bed any more (he is easily over stimulated) and now he sleeps in his own room simply because he sleeps better. Many people co-sleep.

DD1 coslept until she was 8 months old (even though she was sleeping through from 6 weeks) and then made it VERY clear that she wanted to sleep in her cot. Slept in a cot in our room until she was 18 months (partly because we were renovating her room so couldn't move her earlier) and then moved to her own room. No problems.

DD2 has coslept with either me or DH from day one. She's now 18 months old and yes, sometimes it bothers me mainly because I don't feel like I have my own bedroom anymore. DH usually sleeps in the master bedroom because he's a shiftworker and that bedroom is furthest from the living room and I sleep in DD2's room. DH cosleeps with DD2 a couple of times per week but we haven't shared the same bed basically since she was born.

Sometimes DD2 wakes me up A LOT during the night by thrashing around and that's when I start thinking that I should make more effort to have her stay in her cot. BUT I absolutely adore sleeping with her, love the cuddles and I simply don't have the willpower.

I think in our case I might just wait until she can understand explanations when she's older and try to encourage her to stay in her own bed then. I'm planning on moving her to share with her sister (who could sleep for Australia) so I'm hoping that having someone else in the room with her will be a gentler transition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12