Thread: Suddenly screaming at night 14months old

Default Suddenly screaming at night 14months old

In the past week or two, DD has been waking up screaming and struggling to get back to sleep for up to an hour or more, even in bed with me and breastfeeding.

So for example last night, she woke at 1130, bf back to sleep easily, woke at 1.30, I put her in bed with me, she fed on and off, intermittently screaming/crying and wouldn't even stop crying if I cuddled her, she eventually went back to sleep at about 2.30, then slept til 6. So not too bad, but other nights it happens when she wakes at 4 and it's so bad we end up getting up at 5.30 or 6 cos she just can't get back to sleep and is crying so much.

She's not sick and is happy during the day. It doesn't happen every night.

She normally BF backs to sleep easily when waking at night and is happy in bed with me breastfeeding but it just feels like that's my only settling technique and it's not working, maybe i need to expand my repertoire .

Anyone else had this happen at this age?

Default Re: Suddenly screaming at night 14months old

Sounds exhausting. . I'm not really sure but it might be worth getting her checked over anyway just in case her ears or something subtle are bothering her. Mine tend to react to teething pain at night and not so much through the day too so you could try (if you're not anti-medicines) giving her some panadol and see if it makes a difference?

Hope she's back to her old self soon. xo

Default Re: Suddenly screaming at night 14months old

I'm not a huge fan of medicine ( being a nurse and all ;-) ) but I might try it tonight, only problem is if it works I worry about feeling like i should give it more often for no real reason other than her crying. But thanks for replying, will see what happens.