Thread: AF Symptoms Before BFP???

Default AF Symptoms Before BFP???

Hello

Has anyone ever got AF symptoms before getting a BFP?

AF was due today and I woke up with a 0.3 degree temp dip then spent all today getting on and off AF cramping and backache. It is now 9pm and no sign of AF which is weird as I dont usually get any AF cramping until after AF has arrived but the cramps have been persistent all day but gone now. I have had a good feeling about this month because everything was done perfectly and have experienced some pretty obvious pg symtoms which I havent had before.

BFN this morning but FF suggests I wait until Sunday to test so could be too early ....

Any similar stories would be appreciated to lift my hopes!

Thank you

Yes early pregnancy symptoms are VERY alike Af symptoms! I had major cramping, sore boobs, tender nipples, back ache etc...and No af!

Fingers crossed for you-- I have a good feeling too

Thanks Danni. Did you get a temp dip on the day AF was due too?

You wanna see my chart? You will never believe me that I am pregnant...

www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fed5e

I ovulated on cd14 and you would never know..I never got a rise until later.

Wow Danni - Are you sure you're pg ??? LOL. That chart is amazing. It could give hope to others!!!

Thanks for your fast reply

hehe yep im sure!

I had painful cramps before finding out I was pregnant with DD. At the time I was on painkillers for my AF pains and when they started i thought AF was on her way so popped a tablet.
    A few days later, no AF, still having pain, which was not unusual, but pain wasn't getting as bad as it normally would've been. Tested and got a BFP.
    We were young and not trying, but also not trying not to get pregnant either if that makes sense!
    Goodluck when you re test.

Nic

Hey there,

Just thought I'd let you know before I got my BFP I could have sworn I was getting my af.

I went to bed one night in great pain, couldn't sleep all night because of it & thought when I get up it will be here but didn't show & I felt that way for about 3-4 days.

So when ladies on here say it's not over till it's over that is so true, I didn't really believe it before it happened to me but it feels exactely like your going to get af.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

LOL Danni - way to throw out FF's studies & statistics!

Yep - AF symptoms and pg symptoms are soooo similar it's quite mean actually. Not sure about the temp dip? but going by Danni's chart anything is possible! hehe.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone. I woke up this morning and still no AF and my temps went up very very very minimally (at least they didnt drop any further). Had pretty bad heartburn last night (silly me, ate Indian food) and the cramping was pretty bad last night. I wanted a hot bath so badly but have heard that hot baths arent recommended if you think you're pregnant.

I'm testing tomorrow morning so I'll post and let you know how I go either way.

Thank you all for your stories, I feel a lot more optimistic now but trying not to get too hopeful IYKWIM.

Good luck for a BFP

oh no...im so sorry to see Af arrive :hugs:

Yeah, me too Danni. Thanks for all your responses though. I could've sworn this month was it but at least now I wont count my chickens before they hatch (he he - get it? hatch??? egg hatching ??? Oh, never mind. AF is sending me crazy).

I seem to be getting different symtoms every month. I guess it's just my body's way of keeping me on my toes.

keep your chin up

So sorry hun

I remember years ago when I was trying with my ex that I would have all these "pregnancy symptoms" that never were. I think it's a bit of a psychological thing when you really want to be pregnant that you see every little thing like a once off feeling of nausea, or heartburn or sore nipples etc (things that happen from time to time when you are not pregnant) must mean that you are pregnant. I found the longer I didn't fall pregnant the more prevalent the "symptoms" became. If you are not careful it can do your head in. In total I've had 9.5 years of TTC so I've had a lot of times where I thought I was pregnant but only two times that I actually was.

Try not to think of yourself as possibly being pregnant until you are a whole week over and have had a BFP at a week over. It's hard I know, but this is what I did recently when I found myself starting to think I was pregnant again. Turns out I was but it looks like I lost it at 6 weeks.... won't know for sure til Friday. I'm now thinking of changing my week over rule to two weeks over. This way I could just think I was two weeks late and save myself the emotional rollercoaster ride, not to mention the hospital visit.

Oh Satya - I hope everything goes well for you. I'll be thinking of you on Friday. What a terrible thing to go through.

The only reason I thought I may have been pregnant this month is because I had heart burn for the first time in my life and for about 4 nights in a row. My husband diagnosed the heartburn as I'd never had it before so I knew it couldnt have been imagined.

I'm determined to take a leaf out of your book this month and ignore everything that is happening.

Good luck on Friday Satya.