... 3456

thread: Attention: TTC'ers looking for a laugh! tee hee....

Jul 2009

You know your TTC when

at the start of every cycle you count 40 weeks ahead to see what your due date would be

Jan 2008

You know your TTC when

at the start of every cycle you count 40 weeks ahead to see what your due date would be
    thats so true

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2009
    Brisbane

Smile LOL

I have been skulking around the boards but only just registered today because I saw this thread and had to reply. It made me laugh so much It's my first month of TTC and coming toward the end of the TWW so this has been a blast to read.

~*~ You get worried every time you cough or sneeze during the tww due to an irrational fear that it might make your "maybe" baby fall out... (or maybe that's just me?! LOL!)

Shhhhhh! My fiance doesn't know about the stash of baby gear in my camphor chest!!
    I keep thinking that exact same thing about the cough/sneezing and baby pops out!!!
    I haven't been game to buy baby gear yet, but I do have my eye on a couple of items that I will be buying whenever I do get a BFP

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2008
    Cairns, Far North Queensland

What a great thread, Just had to add:
    You know your TTC when; your dog gets pregnant and you have a mini tantrum about her ability to get knocked up when you can't. Then you spend your spare time rubbing her back and massaging her nipples 'to help her out with breast feeding' Then when she is having her puppies you stay up all night with her. And feel secretly jealous.

You know your partner is committed to TTC when every time you go to the pub, you get designated the sober driver "you know, so you can practice for when your pregnant"

BellyBelly Member
    Add helle on Facebook

Sep 2008
    Bunbury, Western Australia

I know I'm not TTC now, but just wanted to add one of mine

You know when your TTC when you see number plates such as BFP005 on cars and take it as a *sign*

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2009
    Berri

hahahahhah!!! love it!

How about when AF arrives you spend the day in bed, not because your in pain or feel sick, because you feel sorry for yourself and spend the day dreaming about how next month will be "the" month!

Well I know I do that n e ways!!

Beth-n-sarah, I did the exact same thing. I cracked a huge hissy fit and told DH "it's not fair! why can she get pregnant!!!!" He had a bit of a giggle at me!!!

Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne

Hahaha this thread is so funny, I just had to post!

You know you're TTC when you start taking HPTs from the first day of your cycle to your last, and are convinced that every twinge and pain is a sign. Ahhh I've spent soooo much money on HPTs

Oh, and you know you're TTC when you're thinking and planning TTC so much that you forget to eat...and convince yourself it's morning sicknes!! Done that a lot lol.

Or when (maybe TMI) you've finished making your partner happy with your hand, and when he's not looking, put all the good stuff back inside...hahaha.

And you know you're TTC when you take a HPT, get a BFN, but stare at it for the next hour, put it in the bin, look at it later, and still get all excited to see an evap. line (yes I've done this :S)
    Last edited by PumpkinZulu; October 7th, 2009 at 01:05 PM.

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2009
    SW Sydney

i was watching cook and the chef yesterday and did a double take when they were talking about eggwhite lol

and then i grossed myself out realising that chicken egg whites kinda actually are the chicken's CM!!! ewwww. thankfully I have never eaten eggwhite

BellyBelly Life Subscriber
    Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

rushing to the shopping centre loo to test because you can't wait till you get home..yes, i really did that. sad, aren't i? (she blushes furiously!)
    I wasn't even TTC, but all the HPTs I have done were done at the shopping centre (except the one that ended up a BFP - bit strange...)
    Last edited by TeniBear; October 23rd, 2009 at 01:42 AM. : My post made no sense :/

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2008
    Home with my Son :)

You know your TTC when...

You buy an over the counter medicine at the chemist and the assistant asks "Are you pregnant?" You smile and say "Don't think so" then walk away muttering under your breath Thanks for reminding me Or maybe thats just me????

BonanzaJellybean Guest

what about;

* Obsession with running to the loo checking for AF!!!!!!

* Feeling bored because you only just checked 2 minutes ago?

* Forgetting to pack surfboards (pads)for the holidays because you're sure you won't need them anyway??

* Compulsion to enter the date of the first day of your LMP in online ovulation calculators with a range of lengths from 28-32 just to make sure you might have 'covererd' the right time!

* When 'Oh ****' and 'Oh ****' mean two different things, but become a regular part of your vocabulary so the two year old starts saying it too! (Oh **** I missed when AF comes and Oh **** Im pregnant!)

* When all there is on your clothes line is a row of clean underwear!

Keep em coming ladies this thread is great!

All the best to you all

B.J

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

- When you find yourself wondering if you should drive home from your holiday (with a car that's not even up here!) and cancel the plane tickets just in case the flight would harm the (possibly non-existent) baby

- When you wonder if you should go on theme park rides

BellyBelly Member
    Add Lady_Tess on Facebook

Jul 2010

I realise noone has posted in this thread since forever but I have to say I needed this laugh today. THANK YOU ALL

Espesh the one about being afraid to sneeze or cough in case some "maybe" baby falls out??? THAT is simply the most hilarious thing I have read. But I also think it MIGHT BE the case that I am finding some relief cause I thought I was the only one.

Tess

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

Attention: TTC'ers looking for a laugh! tee hee....

Well I suppose my "probably not existent" baby was real after all

Nothing like a cuddle from DD after a hard day's work!

Oct 2007
    in my own world

What a coincidence! I was thinking about doing something like this for a bit of a laugh when i was using my OPK this morning

Thanks for the laugh!!

Things we do hey! I have a whole bin full of OPKs and HPKs, theres some stick I have to pee on everyday! LOL

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2010

Congratulations Teni, so glad something good has happened for you. I read your blog, so sorry for your loss. I hope this pregnancy goes smoothly!!

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2010
    On my way

I love this!

BellyBelly Member

Apr 2010
    Townsville

Hey Renstar, love the thread you started! I received this letter in an email today and I sure that all women can relate to it - but especially women TTC'ing and AF is the last thing an TTC'ers want to see!! Happy reading!!

It's worth reading just to see what was printed on the maxi-pad adhesive strip! Hilarious! What were they thinking!

This is an actual letter from an Austin woman sent to American company Proctor and Gamble regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first paragraph. It's PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best webmail-award-winning letter.

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from the curse'? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.' Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying, jags, and out-of-control behaviour. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: 'Have a Happy Period.'

Are you fu*ing kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything 'happy' about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong', or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull sh*t. And that's a promise I will keep. Always.

Best,
    Wendi Aarons
    Austin , TX

OMG that is freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!! I would be soo p*ssed off if I read "have a happy period"

... 3456