Thread: Cluckiness

Default Cluckiness

Do you think wanting more kids is a biological thing? Like the female body is built to keep wanting kids does that feeling go away? I'd love one more but in health, money etc it's not ideal maybe in the future though. Just wondering whether I want more kids just because that what my hormones are telling me

Default Re: Cluckiness

I always wanted 4 children for as long as I could remember. Once I fell pregnant with my 4th the cluckiness went away. Then I recently found out I'm expecting surprise number 5. I can't imagine and hope I never feel clucky again.

I don't think it is entirely biological. I'm sure hormones can influence things but I am well and truly done after my 2 and have no desire to ever be pregnant or have a newborn again. After DS I was definitely clucky and wanted another but now that DD is here I feel my family is complete.

I always wanted 4 but now we have 2 I'm just so exhausted there's no way we could deal with 4

I dont think its entirely an hormonal thing. From a little girl i always wanted 6 kids, i now have 8 and at 8 i now feel kind of content stopping there. To have another yes i would happily go again i think but im also happy not to, if that makes any sense at all? Prior to #6, even #7 i was definitely in a "must have more" mindset. I don't know, i think it all comes down to how you feel and cope once you have had your first one or two children that encourages you to want to stop or have more.

I often wonder this. I'm clucky for a third but wonder if it's just instinct to procreate lol. Though I know a lot of people that are done and don't have this feeling. Who knows!

I've always wanted 3, and am pregnant with my 3rd, and I definitely feel 'done' already lol!
    #1 and #2 I felt overwhelming cluckiness with, nothing would get in my way!
    I always have had it in my head that I wanted 3, so this one was just a matter of following through with the plan. I had 2 embryos left, and if neither worked, then so be it. Luckily, the last one did and here we are - my plan is coming along nicely, and I'm sure the urge to procreate will be gone I hope.....

I had never wanted kids to start with. DS1 was a surprise which in the end turned out to be a nice one .
    I then decided I wanted another one and got pretty clucky before having DS2.
    Now I'm not sure. I feel pretty done in many ways but I still like squdgy little tiny babies .

Wow Mildez, congratulations on your surprise 5th baby. I hope it's going well for you both the pregnancy and adjusting to the surprise.

Maybe it's because I always wanted 4 I'm flat out keeping up with 2 a part of me likes what we have but feel were missing a child, maybe it's because I am a third child and feel if my parents didn't get my mums tubes retied and had me I wouldn't exist so what if I'm missing out on another child that's meant to exist if that makes sense I don't think I want 4 though just 3 but we are barely getting by now and hubby is done we won't have anymore until both kids are in school anyway I would want one on one time with baby but I'm also studying and won't finish for 3 yrs and then plan on doing another degree after my kids are DS 2.5 and DS just turned 4 I'm 27 and hubby 30 so I have time still to have kids but my limit is having kids before 35 I recon I'd be more comfortable before 33

Sometimes I think the heart just wants what it wants even if there are plenty of reasons against doing it. You definitely don't sound like your done even if there are lots of factors at play.

As the kids are getting older I'm finding myself more clucky but then they annoy me and I think what the heck was I thinking

Yeah I think your right in a matter of 24hrs I've pretty much decided I want another one damn haha won't be till I finish Uni though

I never wanted 2. Pre Stormageddon, I was ok with the idea of just us and Liebling. But he was 7 at that point. Even with baby Storm, I would have been ok with stopping as DH wanted only 2. But then DH made me get extra anti D injections, and we're storing the outgrown clothes and nappies, so...

Now, I'm talking about making Stormageddon a big brother. Clearly DH needs time to get his head around this, so will start early.

I've actually got rid of all the baby stuff and clothes so mentally I have been trying to move on but I guess it just didn't happen my mind still goes back to wondering if I should have more , Dh is happy with 2 and I don't think it would be fair to have kids for another 5 yrs as it has been a big 4 yrs with him supporting me and the kids but he's still open to it just not now

My sister always says in regards to cluckiness that one gets sucked in by the baby part of having children. Who doesn't love a newborn? With that smell, the endless cuddles, all the cute clothes, all fresh from a bath and all the milestones. She then goes on to say those babies turn into teenagers with personalities bigger than Ben Hur. Can you deal with and give endless love to a house full of teenagers? Do you have the head space for the crazyiness that comes with the schedule, issues and emotions of teenagers. Not even the financial side of it, because love doesn't cost anything, but the day to day grind of it all. If offered a newborn or a teenager everyone would jump at a baby. Right now she has three teenagers in the house and her DH. She says her days are never her own and have not been in 19 years. There is always some drama with the kids and their boyfriends/girlfriends. She often says she misses the days when they were all little and it was so much easier. Its a crazy house but one filled with love and she wouldn't have it any other way.

I often wish you could have the baby stage forever. Well not forever, but a lot longer than it lasts. It goes by so quick. I can see why people have more than one baby. The newborn and baby stage is amazing.

As my DS grows into a little man I often reminisce about the baby stage and being 44 know that he is our one and only. It would have been nice to go again.

I think also cause my 2 are 16 months apart I feel like that stage went too quick and was over too fast so yes prob has some part of it but I genuinely feel there is a person missing and not a baby person but another child and so far I'm not a fan of the child phase lol so that would not suck me in

Vic261 that is sound advice. While I don't have teenagers the future years are always in our minds, & plays a huge part in our decision to have two. It's the pregnancy, anticipation before birth and then that first meet that sucks me right in!