Thread: Silly Question ..... Vibrating Uterus???

Default Silly Question ..... Vibrating Uterus???

This is probably a very weird question ......

I am off to the doctor today for a blood test to confirm possible pregnancy as my urine tests are coming up as BFN although AF is 6 days late. In the 16 years I have been getting AF, I have never even been a day late.

On and off during the TWW (which has now been three weeks) I have had feelings of a humming or a slight vibrating in my uterus/cervix. They started off every second day and now I am getting it almost hourly for about 5 seconds at a time. I thought it was just my imagination to start with but it is definitely there!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi there,

Sorry i can't help you out with that one, but i just wanted to say i am thinking of you and hope everything goes well at the Dr's today.

Hope you get your BFP soon!!!

Thank you very much Westy.

Hello, I noticed this a month before I got my BFP. I assumed it was an energetic sensation of the sacral chakra opening up and getting reading to supply energy for an impending PG. It was quite a strong buzzing sound and I noticed it most about 4 weeks before we actually conceived.

Not a scientific explanation but one that makes sense to me !

Thank you Marydean - very interesting. I dont hear a sound though, just a sensation. It is happening about every 20 minutes now and know that I'm not imagining it.

Sorry, I can't help Tonydayl. Hope the Dr was able to give you some answers. And hope you get your BFP too!

SusanT

Sorry I just edited 'sound' to 'sensation' - there was definitely no noise involved!! LOL preggy brain I s'pose...

I had that feeling right before getting my BFP with this baby.
    Fingers crossed that you will be seeing a BFP soon

I've had "flickering" sensations very low in abdomen/?uterus about 2-3 days before end of my cycle the last few months (maybe noticing it more now I'm charting). I've had BFNs, but it did make me wonder if a fertilised egg was knocking at the door, so to speak. I like Marydean's explaination !

Mardean - do you do yoga/meditation or something like that? I do ashtanga yoga so it can be kind of full-on - i'm still not used to focussing my mind as I'm too focussed on the effort it all takes !!!
    Last edited by deni; February 2nd, 2007 at 10:39 AM.

Hi Deni

I thought the exact same thing (about the fertilised egg trying to implant). This month (although it is only my first month) I felt extremely tired, moderately nauseous, sore bb's and dizzy and AF was 7 days late whereas it is ALWAYS on time every month.

The blood test came back negative (and I got AF two hours later) so I thought the egg may have fertilised but just couldn't get a grip ..... oh well, next month hopefully.

Thank you all for your insight ......