Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Gender Swaying

Hi girls,

Boo - I haven't tested CM but I think its just strips you somehow swipe in there.... haven't worked that bit out yet!! :-) So going to drink lots of milk and pasta, but apparently cheese is out and chocolate!!!!!!

Cherished - ok so I need to be acidic... I knew it was one or the other!!

MrsLancer - Hello and welcome!! I have 3 boys though I didn't sway for them... I pretty much DTD around or on Ovulation, although by the sounds of it I am naturally alkaline so I have a bit of work to do to acidify my body. I'm also going to DTD as far from Ovulation as I can possibly get!!

Good luck for a little girl Leeloo!

Hi ladies,

DH and I are both acidic. I tested our PH and his was a 7.5 and mine 5.5. We have always been acidic which is probably why there are many more girls born in both sides of our family, and hardly any boys. I guess DH and I are the exception to the rule or otherwise our next baby has a pretty good chance of being a girl. Interestingly, I was convinced my m/c'd baby was a girl because it was so different to my previous pgs.

Anna- Good luck getting your boy! We did DTD close to ovulation to get DS1, had plenty of hot salty chips on the day before and day of conception. They say that the potassium in potatoes and the salt is good for boy sperm.

Leelo - I think a cut-off is a good idea for you especially if your O+12 attempt resulted in another boy.

Cherished - Thanks for that. I hope you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Girl View Post
    Anna- Good luck getting your boy! We did DTD close to ovulation to get DS1, had plenty of hot salty chips on the day before and day of conception. They say that the potassium in potatoes and the salt is good for boy sperm.
    Thanks Would it be just me to eat loads of chips or both? or doesn't matter if he does or not? Any excuse for me to eat chips is good enough

Mrs Lancer - You both should increase your intake of potassium (ie potatoes, tomatoes, etc) in the six weeks prior to conception.

Thank you I shall remember that
    Hoping to be TTC by August at the latest That way DF will be passed his 'probation' period and be full time working he gets the job tomorrow

Well I'm feeling a bit disheartened. I really feel like we will end up with another boy so I don't think I should invest to much emotionally into ttc a girl especially when dh hasn't given me much enthusiasm about the whole subject. We chatted about it last night and he's not keen to really start doing anything despite me telling him that we really should try to get acidic 3 months before trying (is that really correct)? Would it really take that long to change his swimmers?.... Ash you may be the best person to answer that. How long did it take you guys? With dh being so alkaline I feel like we really have a steep hill to climb. I'd love to hear from someone out there who has had a dh with an alkaline reading of 9 and managed to get it pretty acidic. I know dh really wants a girl next time I just don't think he wants to give me the green light as we are really only just starting to dtd again since ds was born so I kinda don't blame him! I think he'd just like to enjoy 'us' for a while without all the ttc stuff as last time with charting and mc's and other tests etc etc he and I were both over it! Maybe I could just get the cranberry and give it to him daily and then not talk about it for 3 months! Any other suggestions?

Hi everyone!
    Just a quick one from me - I'm on my phone. I will hop on computer tonight.
    Cherished- I haven't tested DH yet. I suspect he will be alkaline. He has not been reliable with the cranberry either . When we conceived our DD, we DTD 4 days before O. However, DH was a smoker then. I read that smokers will be more acidic. He quit smoking during my preg. Then we had 2 boys- and we did DTD right on O both times. But I am sure that DH was not as acidic by then.
    Cherished, you can always be creative- DTD using a condom then add lime juice to the sperm, and insert with a (needleless) syringe. The silver Plan talks about that. Also gives other tips on how to get more acidic if you've done the diet and are still alkaline.
    I didn't test myself before starting to take the cranberry- I suspect that I would usually be alkaline (due to our diet).
    Also, read up on info about negative ions and how they help to create a girl (apparently).
    All hope is not lost hun.
    I'll be back tonight.

Hi Cherished, I know how you feel but unfortunately there is no magic formula and we may very well end up with boys again!! But at least we are trying and giving it our best shot, and if we do get boys we can at least say we tried and our little men are strong little buggers and meant to be born!! :-) My DH is exactly like yours, I'm not even going to involve him this time around with the day to day charting and testing etc! That's what you guys are for... :-). It does kinda take the romance away and becomes more of a chore!!

Does anyone know if taking Cranberry tablets affects your acidity the same way drinking it does??

:-) hope everyone is well!!

Hi Girls,

I have been on the Gender Swaying path, as you can see currrently pregnant with No 4, we obviously have been trying to sway for a girl, first 3 attempts resulted in nothing. I have fallen pregnant without a fabulous attempt, but am hoping all my diet groundwork may count for something.

Leeloo: I am pretty sure the tablets work the same as drinking it, my DH couldn't stomach drinking it so he was on the tablets.

Anyway the reason for me posting is just before I fell pregnant I bought a heap of PH strips. Pretty sure there's about 30. I will no longer be needing them as the is my last baby. So if anyway would like them just let me know and I'm more than happy to post them to you. Would be nice to see them get used rather than thrown out.
    Last edited by megs; May 20th, 2011 at 09:28 PM.

Hi megs!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, hope you get the girl you want!! I've just bought some ph strips so I won't be needing them, I'm sure one of the other girls will be keen though!!
    xx

Ok so I have tested my CM this morning and it's 4.5? Is that right? That's good for a girl isn't it? Should I be testing the CM?

Questions questions!!!

Yes, 4.5 is perfect leeloo! Yes, you do test your CM...ah, the things we do!
    4.5 is what I am aiming for. I was 6.5 last cycle. Hoping it is more acidic this cycle.
    DH only has to be 7.5. Still haven't tested him.

Congratulations megs! Thank you for the kind offer of ph strips. I too will decline- I think my stash is adequate.

Thanks Ash!! I have another question... Tested DHs acidity and he is off the scale! If girl swimmers have a hard time surviving in an alkaline CM environment then how are they (if any) surviving in DH!! Feel a bit deflated with this news!!
    Last edited by leeloo; May 21st, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

pick me, pick me! Thank Megs I'd love some more ph strips, I just bought some but have already used heaps, I think my POAS addiction from last I we ttc has now turned into a Cm ph testing addiction I'll pm you and I do hope you get your girl

leeloo I'd love to see if anyone else thinks drinking cranberry would work as the tablets are expensive I looked on Friday and thought holly molly I'll need to post to see if anyone has found some cheaper on line somewhere?

Ash thanks for the info hon, yep I have a needless syringe and will use it if it comes to that. I'm keen to hear how your dh is progressing next time you test (gosh that sounds so wrong saying that)

AFM well I'M ACIDIC!!! 4.5!!! I didn't see any change and thought I must have done something wrong so tested urine and saliva which both changed so yep I had done it right. Got loads of EWCM from right up at the cervix and I'm O'ing around about now, my OPK was almost positive yesterday so all looks good for me. Now just need to work dh's alkaline reading of 9.5 now. It's a bit of a relief really as I wasn't too keen on eating all the girl diet stuff but would have hooked right in if that's what it took. I know dh will take the tablets or eat whatever food I want him to so now I am feeling pretty good about things... argghhhh the roller coaster ride begins!

Fantastic Cherished1, I look out for you message and get them in the post this week. Will be glad to see them going to a good home. I know what you mean about a POAS addiction.

Good luck with your Gender Swaying also.

Awesome Cherished... let me know what your going to do to DH... mines up around 9.5 too and I'm on the low end 4.5 so at least we don't have to eat tooo differently!!! I'm still BF so haven't got a cycle back yet so I have absolultely no idea if and when I am ovulating... thats the next challenge!!

Hi leeloo- you only need to get your DH down to 7.5. I'm hoping it's not too hard because my DH is probably quite alkaline too. Stress is good for the blokes too apparently when ttc a girl. My DH keeps reminding me that he is doing his bit by being stressed at work!

Hi cherished! 4.5! Yay! I bought my cranberry tabs at a health food store - some generic brand. Can't remember the price. I decided on them instead of juice because I could only find juice with sugar. Has anyone seen cranberry juice without sugar? You only need to take the tabs from AF to O according to Tania's comprehensive post. So, that makes it cheaper than if you were having them every day of cycle.
    This is going to sound wrong, but I tested after DH and I DTD, and our ummm let's say 'combined' Ph was 6.75. So we def need to get a more acidic environment happening. My goodness, I can't imagine discussing this topic with someone irl.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast