Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Gender Swaying

Just a quick question ladies - we would love a boy when we ttc but I'm not prepared to do diet change etc so we were going to try the timing only.

My cycles are pretty varied but I do get good strong opks. How long after a positive opk should we be dtd to aim for a boy to get as close to ovulation as possible without missing it?

All I know is... We dtd basically on and around ovulation day and we have 3 boys!! As close to ovulation as you can! And eat lots of bananas... Potassium is great for boy swimmers!! Good luck!

I'm not a big believer in timing, but going for a boy you should only DTD once after a four day break as close to O as possible so your pH is higher and your swimmers have the best chance of getting to the egg.

And Leeloo, the diet isn't just about pH it is also about hormones and ions

kelsbels I'm pretty sure ovulation happens 24-48hrs after a +OPK. When I was charting for my last BFP I usually got a +OPK and then ovulated the next day (confirmed with FF charting and temps etc). I have just started doing OPK's again this last cycle and yesterday was a really strong positive and the day before I would have considered negative but was still a dark 2nd test line. Anyway I'm pretty sure I ovulated yesterday as I had really strong ovulation pains so I ovulated on the day of a + OPK. I would say that in this case I would have started ovulating the night I got the 'nearly' positive OPK. I guess it all varies but when you are paying attention to your body and always test the OPK's at the same time each day you will get to know when you are ovulating. If trying for a boy I think they say to DTD when you have a strong positive OPK.

Ash I replied to your post last night but it's not here I hate that! I didn't even think to check the combined ph, you're a cleave little cookie. Yes it is pretty exciting seeing my CM be in the ph range! Now I'm totally addicted to testing it lol I'm going to get the cranberry at least for dh to start taking now and I will take it closer to when we are going to start trying. this is still yet to be decided but we have been chatting about it YAY.
    Last edited by Cherished; May 23rd, 2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: note to Ash

Well thought I would pop in and tell how my gender swaying went We were swaying for a boy..
    I wasnt too strict on it all but I was pretty much close to eating the gender diet for 3-4months prior to conception and we DTD the day before O, day of O and day after O.
    And we got the BOY that we wanted

CONGRATULATIONS Ngala.... a little man for you.

I really shouldnt be in here!!! I have 3 girls and would love a boy. Just got to convince dh to go for #4!!! I might get us on the diet anyway jic!

Ngala Congratulations hon on your BOY Always good to hear the success stories in this thread!!

minimatron Come and join us

AFM well I have a little woohoo! I was going past the health food store the other day and they had a big sign up saying up to %50 off selected vitamins so I went in and asked if they had any cranberry and calcium on sale. I got really high potency cranberry 17000 (then got home and saw that I only need 10000) but hey it was ha;f price and i was only complaining in here a while back that the supplements are so expensive! SO bargain! I got 2 bottles of each so will be set for when we start taking them. I will just break the capsual and give dh 3/4 of it and I will take the rest as I'm already acidic.

Dont tempt me cherished!!! I'd love to. Just got to see whats happening with dh and maybe a possible job offer. DD3 is only 7.5 months so I have a bit of time up my sleeve!

We did timing for a boy and I feel pregnant and had a m/c then I fell pg with dd3 without getting AF back. For my other 2 girls we just shagged like rabbits and there was no thinking about it! However dhs side of the family are having girls.... 11 great granddaughters and only 2 great grandsons! So I might just start doing dietry stuff and see how we go!

Just poking my head in... hi Cherished

We are 'not not ttc', iykwim?! And hoping to sway for a girl. We are in no rush and trying not to stress about #2 as #1 took awhile to come along. Also, I still haven't got AF back since having DS, though I think I might be O'ing now.... we'll see if I'm right in a couple of weeks!

A few questions to start with...
    Firstly, does anyone know how much cranberry juice you need to get the 10 000 equivalent to a supplement? I can't swallow tablets unless they're really really small so most supplements are out. Someone asked if cranberry juice comes without sugar... it's not sweet at all, so no sugar means a not very nice taste I think. I think you can get artificially sweetened juice, but that's the same as having sugar, isn't it? Would dried cranberries work? I'm sure you'd need bucket loads, lol!
    Secondly, the diet suggests acidophilus - does it have to be acidophilus on it's own, or can it be combined ie fortified yoghurt?
    And thirdly, is it the combined pH that's most important, or either man's or woman's individually? I'd imagine if there was a huge dif between the pH's that the spermies and egg wouldn't 'get on' too well together, would they? Even if the overall pH was good.
    Last edited by JLeigh29; June 10th, 2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: accidently posted a half finished post!

Ngala congratulations on finding out your having a BOY how exciting!!
    AFM - we took a break from ttc for 4months, due to start trying again next cycle, but challenges lie ahead again as dh will be away close to O, at this stage he doesnt know his return date so we may miss the boat on our first month back trying. i guess its not too bad as we havent tried for 4months, whats another month.....but i am ready to jump back on the ttc girl band wagon!

Well we had our 12 week scan today and all looks great. Clinic is doing a study on early determination of gender, so although there are no assurances at this stage, it looks like we might be having another girl. Sonographer was about as sure as she could be from the development indications. So in our case the swaying may not have worked. But we will have to wait until the later scan to be sure. And DD will be delighted to have a baby sister - she's not so keen on a boy! I'll keep you posted.

Hey Jennifer... congrats on your scan. Do you have any nub shots? I got obsessed with them and even though I swore dd3 was a boy... she was and is all girl!!! Whens your next scan?
    AFM- well dh isnt too keen on #4 Unless we come into some big $$ then its not looking good. I havent got any contraception yet because every time I go to ring the drs to get the implanon put in I start to cry and get all emotional. Im not done yet!

I don't have any shots, but my next scan is only 3 weeks away. at wanting no 4 and no joy. Maybe view the contraception as an interim thing and talk to DH in the meantime?

Hi DH and I have decieded we will start TTC next year but I want a boy this time I love my girls and wanted them and wouldnt be disapointed with another But DH wants a boy he love his girls to but Id love to give him a boy

Hey Jennifer.... have you had your scan yet?

It's on Thursday. I'll be sure to pop in and let you know the flavour!

I think I know what you are having, Jen, but I will keep it to myself until you know for sure. Have a great scan tomorrow.

xx

We're having a little girl! DD is super excited so any disappointment that our swaying efforts did not work out have been overshadowed. She was telling everyone who walked by and grinning from ear to ear.

We got the indication at 12 wks that it was likely a girl, so we've sort of been settled on the idea for a while.

DP's swimmers are clearly girl-oriented! Hey, I did what I could. I'm looking forward to having two little girls to raise now.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast