Thread: what are some great book for nearly 11yr old boy about changing bodys

on a journey called life, finding our way home

Default what are some great book for nearly 11yr old boy about changing bodys

Hello all,

as the title says I have a nearly 11 yr old DS who is very shy about personal things. I want age appropriate books that would help him understand how his body and mind will change in the near future. I have talked to him about it briefly.
    He missed the talk at school where the dads take them because he forgot to give me the note .

I never had anything with my parents and I dont want him to feel like he is in the dark.
    We also have up and comming boys so the books will be great for them in the future aswell.

Thanks

Try the follow up book of Where Did I Come From? By Peter Mayle. It's called What's Happening to Me.

on a journey called life, finding our way home

thankyou

There's one called "Secret Boys Business" by Faye Angelo and two other people - they are primary school teachers and the book is really age appropriate and informative. Check in your son's school library, chances are they have it.

Another one is "Secret Men's Business" by John Marsden. It was incredibly popular years ago as being THE book for boys but if you go down this path, it might be worth reading it yourself first to see if it is age appropriate for your DS. I think it might be aimed for boys a little older.