Thread: Digital Cookbooks

Default Digital Cookbooks

I love my cookbooks. I have a huge collection and if I had my way I'd have a library filled with just cookbooks. But I'm so impatient and there's a few new cookbooks that I really want that are available at half the price in digital format. Is half the price worth it? Or am I going to regret it later? Ultimately I'd love it if cookbooks came with a code for the digital copy like some magazine subscriptions in the US so you get both. The beauty of digital is its easier to find things, I can make notes, I can bookmark easily. But I still get a high from the smell of my cookbooks. Especially the matt ones with thick pages. And there's no better feeling than sitting on my bed with a stack of cookbooks around me, a cup of tea and time to just peruse for inspiration. This is my idea of serenity.

So do you do digital, traditional or both?

Love a traditional cookbook. Love the flicking of the pages and even how over time some pages get that food splatter that signify a loved recipe.

Have only a few free PDF cookbooks that I have downloaded. Handy when searching for a recipe, but I really need to move them to the tablet for ease of use in the kitchen. I have set-up a one note notebook for recipes that I find on the internet.

I think these days, in general, if you buy the paper version, you should be able to get the digital version.

A part of me does panic about everthing being digital, after the exchange outage down this way, it is very risky storing anything in the cloud, even recipes

I think that's it. Using a tablet in the kitchen is easier than an actual cookbook IMO. But if I'm browsing a cookbook gives me way more pleasure. I agree bring on both. And yes no cloud is safe lol.

I'm the same as you. I LOVE cookbooks. I have so many but I always want more!

Is the new book a nice looking book? Like will you get excited just knowing you are about to look through it? Or is it one you may relegate to another shelf? If its the former I'd wait and get the hard copy. Latter, just get the PDF and you might get longer use from it.