Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Aid Appreciation Society

Default Kitchen Aid Appreciation Society

I thought I would start a thread for Kitchen Aid owners, where we can share recipes and useful hints and tips. Perhaps bargains as well where we can purchase attachments to add to the KA.

I'm so excited with my purchase today

YAY I'll join! Love my KitchenAid. I mean, um, OUR KitchenAid hahaha.

My favourite recipe isn't a KitchenAid one, but it's all done in the KitchenAid. It's pancakes from Williams-Sonoma. YUM YUM YUM YUM! Seriously, a million times better than any pancake you've eaten!

Since my problems with my gallbladder, I should be having really lean meat, so we buy and trim the meat, and mince it all ourselves now.

I also LOVE making vege rissoles, and chickpea and pumpkin rissoles with a mixure of the attachments and the mixing functions

What attachments does everyone have? I have my eye on the ice-cream attachment and mincer...

Oh, and most importantly, what colour do y'all have? I have green....I do like majestic yellow and willow blue though.

Welcome!

I have the Boysenberry. No attachments as yet. I'll have to wait until my Birthday.

I think the next purchase will be a cover approx. $6O and perhaps the $299 attachment package Indadhanu mentioned.

Can people with KA blenders and food processors join?????? I have mum's old Kenwood as a mixer and it is still great after 40 yrs so I can't justify the cost of a KA mixer but I do lust after one!!
    I am in love with my blender and food processor! They sit on the bench so I can admire them! I got black as it matches my oven and we haven't redone the kitchen yet so don't know what colour it will be.

I love my KA! Mine is Pearl Metallic as it matches with our other stainless steel things.

I haven't bought any attachments yet and get a little overwhelmed when trying to decide which one/s to buy first.

Maybe I should just save up a whole heap of money and buy all the accessories in one hit

I'm in!! I have the metallic red one! Makes the BEST pavlova ever

I'm interested in getting the mincer and the pasta maker - heard that it's fantastic.

I've got the candy apple red KA and have the ice cream bowl... I've made the vanilla bean ice cream from the book that came with it and it's gorgeous, am a little shocked at how much fat and sugar go into it though LOL.
    My next investment is going to be the grater set.

Oooh, i'm joing in on the KA love too.
    I have the boysenberry one too. I have the 3 piece pasta roller attachment and the acessory kit thing which has the rotor slice, grinder and strainer. I made a potato bake for 15 people in december and it seriously sliced 20 potatoes in like 2 minutes!! Same with onions for the barbie, quick as! I have only had mine a month but already its become the most used appliance (besides the toaster and kettle) and i use it probably every 2nd day, sometimes twice a day. I got my attachments from amazon dot com for a whole lot cheaper then in australia. I also got a beater blade which scrapes the side of the bowl as it beats and whhhooooooah it makes quick icing

My favourite thing i have made since my purchase has got to be Italian Meringue Butter Cream, OMG the most seriously delicous icing in the whole wide world. It took about 30 mins to make but so worth every damn second - i made chocolate flavour and even my dh wnted to lick the bowl and he isnt a sweets fan.

Yesterday i made bread dough but then decided i wanted something more savoury so turned it into cheese, sundried tomato and chive scrolls with a few vegemite ones for ds. Yummo.

I have tried to make pasta yet but its next on my list.

The ice-cream attachment has been requested as a b'day present!

I thought about attachments from Amazon - is postage as frighteningly bad as I suspect it is though?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I thought about attachments from Amazon - is postage as frighteningly bad as I suspect it is though?
    I jumped straight on Amazon when I read MrsB's suggestion.
    For the attachment package its $115 and for a cover less than $20. Haven't got as far to find out the postage.

um no, i think it cost me less than $30 for postage. All up i paid something like $350 incl postage for what would have cost me over $800 in aust. Go shop now while the dollar is good!!!

After a bit of researching (aka avoiding putting the rubbish out), I think that the only attachment we shouldn't buy from the US is the ice cream attachment - because it attaches to stem (err, not official term) of the planetary mixer part. And the Aus/Eur machines have that annoying ring thing to meet safety requirements, and the US machines don't have that. You probably could buy the ice cream attachment from the US and then order the right parts from Aus, but by then the prices might be so close that it might be worth just spending an extra $20 and buying from an Aus retailer.

So I think the motors/voltage and the safety ring might be the only differences between models - so the other attachments should fit. They are made in the US after all, you'd think they'd be the same...

I'm going to join this thread as I've decided that I want a KA for my birthday! I need to know where to nab me a bargain!

Nelle is right in saying that the ice cream attachment from the usa isnt suitable for our model. If it attaches to the hub then it will be suitable.

Im in!!! I got a black KA for my birthday!!!! It so pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Party-of-five View Post
    Im in!!! I got a black KA for my birthday!!!! It so pretty!
    Woo! Hoo! Po5! Congratulations and Happy Birthday

ohhhh a KA thread... I got given on for mothers day, not sure of the proper colour but mine is a deep red almost cranberry in colour. Admittedly I have only used it 3 times, not much of a baker, but I am hoping to use it a lot more this year

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast