Thread: Meat Mincer/Sausage Maker

Default Meat Mincer/Sausage Maker

Hi

I'm looking at getting one to make our own sausages, make our own mince and was wondering if anyone has one? What brand do you have and is it any good? Have had a google and totally confused as to which would be the best one, am happy to pay for one that does a great job & will last.

TIA

Default Re: Meat Mincer/Sausage Maker

Which ever brand you get, you want one that has all metal internal components.

Are you looking at stand-alone or an attachment mincer (for a mixer, for example)?

Looking at a standalone unit, department store wise there is kenwood 440w motor or sunbeam 600w motor. Then there are eBay brands boasting bigger motors on cheaper units

The grinder will be more effective with a better motor - it is what does the work.

The other things to consider are how often you will be using it, and what exactly you will be using it for. The weaker the grinder, the more prep work you need to do prior to use; the smaller the amount of fat it can handle in your sausage mix; the higher the number of times you need to re-process the mix to achieve the consistency that you want... and so on.

Also investigate the cost of replacement blades and screens, how easily you can obtain them.

Of the brands you mentioned, I would be inclined toward the Sunbeam. If you plan on sing it quite often for long periods, or for a large volume of meat, then I would consider spending a bit more to buy a more sturdy and professional machine.