Thread: Tell me about juicers!

Smile Tell me about juicers!

I'm thinking about getting a juicer. So for all those that juice, is there a crap brand to stay away from? Is there a highly recommended one? Have you gotten as much use from yours as you thouht you would?

We have Breville, got it many years ago, primarily so we could juice sacks of apples for DH's cider brewing. It has survived juicing 20+ litres of juice in a session (not constantly, as it would be stopped for emptying etc) So pretty impressed, really. Outside of brewing it is rarely touched, it is not out on the bench, so I just don't think about it.

Ours is a Breville too, juices really well. Ours is in the pantry though, forget its there. I thought we'd use it all the time, but limited bench space means it isn't out, and therefore forgotten.

We have a breville too and use it ALL the time. It's great.

Thanks ladies I saw one on sale in a catalogue which I then threw out. Might have to dig it out to have another look, I think it may have been a Breville, and so far they seem to be a winner

We juice a lot of veggies, drink the juice, and then throw the pulp into bolognaise / pasta sauce / omelette etc. Quick easy way to get your vitamins and fibre.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruschke View Post
    We juice a lot of veggies, drink the juice, and then throw the pulp into bolognaise / pasta sauce / omelette etc. Quick easy way to get your vitamins and fibre.
    Now that's an excellent idea!

Default Re: Tell me about juicers!

Quote Originally Posted by willow5 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a juicer. So for all those that juice, is there a crap brand to stay away from? Is there a highly recommended one? Have you gotten as much use from yours as you thouht you would?
    After the holiday break, there are lots of left over fruits so i've been juicing a lot lately mine is a a Lifespring juicer and i love the mixture of apple and orange fruits. This juice will stay fresh for 24 to 48 hours. Be sure to store it in the refrigerator.

I read that compression juicers are heaps better and keeping all the nutrients of the fruit but they coz alot more.

Thats all i know about juicers which aint much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2SweetCs View Post
    I read that compression juicers are heaps better and keeping all the nutrients of the fruit but they coz alot more.

Thats all i know about juicers which aint much lol
    You mean compression is slow juicer? yes much expensive than blenders but retains all nutrients of the fruit or veges.