Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thermomix Lovers United #3

Thumbs up Thermomix Lovers United #3

Following on from here:

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...97/index8.html

I made vanilla bean paste today! Very happy with the results. I even sterilised the jars and heat sealed the jars in the varoma. Worked a treat.

Then I made Asian hot dog buns for lunch boxes this week and Thai green chicken curry for dinner.

Going to make caramelised onion and goats cheese tart tomorrow. As we didn't end up eating the goats cheese I made. If you haven't made caramelised onions in the TMX yet you really really must!

Yum Rouge!

Which green curry recipe Rouge?

Today I did... Bread, brownies and pasta.

Didn't have time to do the bolognese sauce from scratch so we did a Leggos jar thing, and it tasted so... Vivid. I didn't realise how much our tastes had changed in the few weeks that I've been cooking from scratch. So many enhancers in the jar I guess. But it doesn't seem right to waste that stuff. We'll work our way through it.

Yesterday I had a demo, so my two bowls got a good workout

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

I washed mine does that count as using it

Dude. If you want to use it don't think. Just do. If you think about not using it and its "cost" you're going to end up hating the thing. I went through that a bit when I realised I didn't want to cook mains in it most of the time. Now I'm cool with that.

So please. Make a list of groceries for one recipe and give it a go. You won't get better at this if you don't try.

over the weekend i made brownies from "for foods sake" OMG AMAZING!!!!!

then did DH some raspberry/ white choc muffins and apricot balls for morning teas at work.

i made a mexican bake last night which was a big hit, the recipe is on the recipe community page (not sure if i can post the link??) and was soooooo easy!
    will become a regular in our house i think!

didnt get a chance to try bread, maybe one might this week ill give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
    I washed mine does that count as using it
    I suggest you start with some some jaffa custard - it's chocolate custard with grated orange rind - a guarantee favourite with kids, big and small. Grate the orange rind first, with sugar, then follow the rest of the EDC recipe.

And then try making Magic Bean chocolate cake. The recipe is in the recipe community. One of the best chocolate cakes you'll ever taste.

If you dont have a sweet tooth, make some yoghurt - it's easy peasy in the TMX. Or try some of the buns they make in the demo. Just give yourself some time to play with it without having any expectations.

If you make some fun stuff, that can help lead into more normal meals. I was really intimidated by the TMX at first and learnt to allow myself some fails. I've never been much of a cook, so it has allowed me to improve what we eat without necessarily improving my cooking ability, ITMS I still look at the stuff Rouge creates in awe, but then she actually knows her way around a kitchen.

Listen to L&B! She has the smarts!

Custard! Porridge! Chopping Veg! Eggs.

Baby steps m'love! We'll get you over this hurdle!!!

jaffa custard sounds amazing!!!!!

BD - the first thing I made was a fail. It was a risotto recipe from the community. I put too much in it and the rice didn't cook. So I got the EDC and found something that looked dead easy - custard - and gave that a go. Started at the basic level.

Worked.

So I tried some bread rolls. Followed the recipe to a tee.

Worked.

Got a bit less scared. Tried something with meat. Not so good. Emailed my consultant. Got some pointers. Tried again.

Just start small. You can do it.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Ive made risotto zucchini slice and other stuff just not whole meals. I'm not even sure how to use my Veroma cause she didn't show me at demo or delivery. I will get there just takes getting used too

Risotto is a whole meal!!!

Have you checked out quirky cooking? She does a lot of whole meals, using Varoma, and her recipes are dead easy to follow.

My consultant didn't really show me the Varoma either. Have you considered hosting a Varoma demo?

Yay I can join, my Thermomix arrived last week and I love it! I've made a few stocks and sauces, and all dinners bar roast lamb (though I did make gravy with the meat juices!). Between DS2 and I we are dairy, egg, nut, and alliums free, so it's been great to make everything from scratch.

Question though - when you first bought your Thermomix did your grocery bills increase initially? DH is a bit cross because I told him it would save money (which is tight as I'm on unpaid mat leave) but because I'm making things from scratch I'm buying more ingredients. I'm assuming once I've stocked my pantry well this won't be the case??

Yep that's right once your pantry is stocked it'll be fine. Trust me!

So I think if I save all my allocated spending money I can afford a TMX in about 6 months. Does anyone know how often they do the half price bowl special? Or what other specials they have?

They do interest free finance a couple of times a year. The half price bowl deal is for a second bowl and they run that a couple of times a tear too.

i made the yummiest pumpkin soup tonight. I roasted pumpkin and then used a recipe from the Vegetarian cookbook for ideas. I always use less liquid than the recipes suggest.

Question - I have to have kangaroo sausages because of my gallbladder (instead of regular sausages) but I hate cooking them on the grill or in the frypan - so I thought I might be able to do them in the varoma. Anyone tried it? Thought it might stop them from getting all dry and nasty like which is easy to do on a grill.

I tried Googling but there wasn't much out there. I'm sure I've seen someone cook normal sausages in the varoma...

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast