Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Thermomix Lovers United #3

Yeah I'd steam them!!

I might have to try it. I wonder how long for? I know they say that they take longer on a grill than regular sausages because of the lack of fat - but if you are steaming them would it make much difference? I'm such a crappy cook that I just can't work these things out LOL

If you Google 'sausages Thermomix' one of the sites is a blog called full little tummies. She has a recipe for bangers and mash all cooked in the Thermomix

Ohh, I have been busy too... I also made the jaffa custard at one of my demos - was a huge hit - I prefer it to the lemon custard.
    I have made since the weekend: 30 second orange cake, 5 seeded bread (although I got my hands on some starter so going to make sourdough tonight for the first time!!, I also made the red curry in EDC, but subbed in duck instead (OMG Delish), I bought some jarred plums today so going to make tomato sauce in the next day or two, tonight I made the Velute for DH and I since I made it at two demos yesterday so had a craving... I also made dumplings and a new batch of veg stock. I am so glad all my food aversions are gone and I can enjoy my TMX again.

Double

Just updating - after googling for specific info about kanga bangas and the thermomix, we decided to try it last night - put them in for 20 minutes in the varoma and omg they were so much nicer!!! Not dry at all, and even DS liked them.

Just another reason to love my thermomix haha!

Its going to get a work out today, going to make lots of things in preparation for a new diet plan starting on Saturday.

Sounds really good Arimeh! I hadn't thought of doing snags like that. I normally don't like snags but maybe I'll give them a go!

I ordered mine today! Unfortunately alot of its early life it will be looked after by my mum as so much travelling for me till mid July - but mum is dead keen to get her hands on one and she has bought me mine, so I suppose is ok :-)

Question for those who make bread - what size loaf tin do you use? I'm keen to make my own bread but I note that the EDC five loaf bread recipe calls for a square tin. I'd like to be able to toast my bread so just wondering what size loaf tin to use? I'm thinking I'd need two if I'm replacing a square?

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    I ordered mine today! Unfortunately alot of its early life it will be looked after by my mum as so much travelling for me till mid July - but mum is dead keen to get her hands on one and she has bought me mine, so I suppose is ok :-)
    thats exciting!

im planning on giving mine a work out over the weekend making dumplings!
    never tried so thought id give it a go!

Think I should stop trying to do anythign in thermie Made a lemon meringue pie but my shortcrust pastry looks like a failure and the meringue smells and tastes like egg so far... to some degree this might be normal but not smell outwardly like egg. Sigh. I think it flopped when i changed the speed to add the sugar (Steph Berg recipe) it just flattened out and it has no crispness to the outer shell at all. Such a waste

ETA: crisis averted, only the mini meringues sucked the actual pie was goooood.
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; June 23rd, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    Question for those who make bread - what size loaf tin do you use? I'm keen to make my own bread but I note that the EDC five loaf bread recipe calls for a square tin. I'd like to be able to toast my bread so just wondering what size loaf tin to use? I'm thinking I'd need two if I'm replacing a square?
    I use my banana bread tin - I'm not sure what its proper name is. Loaf tin? I have no idea LOL

Lise - I purchased proper bread tin and baguette holders from Kitchen Kapers - but you should be able to get them from a local cookery store or online. I made sourdough baguette for the first time this weekend, so excited to have my own starter

Has anyone tried the crumpet recipe from In the Mix - am thinking of giving it a go

Today ive made:
    Cinnamon scrolls
    Banana bread
    Cookie dough bites
    Teninas baguette
    Hash brown
    Will be making:
    Poached eggs
    Hollandaise sauce

We sync today

Today I've made Banana Bread, Slow Poached Eggs, Hash Browns, Hollandaise Sauce, Teninas Baguettes (Which I then turned into PW's Olive Cheesy Bread), Spanish Meatballs and still have to make Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls.

Yesterday I made: Pancakes, Veggie Stock, Soup for me for the week, Vanilla Choc Chip Icecream.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
    We sync today
    That's cos we're ace

I feel like making gingerbread men!

Yum! Tonight we had Quirky Cooking Fajitas & spelt tortillas.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast