Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thermomix Lovers United #4

Default Re: Thermomix Lovers United #4

Brekkie bagels were delish! Had them toasted with cream cheese, yummy!

I've had my eye on the brown rice soup for a while, but haven't attempted it yet, although I've only like heard good things about it.

Might make some pizza scrolls today, get a head start on next week's lunches ;-)

Yummmmm. We're having donut pudding after a big sleep in!!

Donut pudding?!? Sounds good, but, Please explain!

Default Thermomix Lovers United #4

Leftover donuts, hubby bought two packets from coles for 25c. Then make a custard like you would for french toast or bread and butter pudding. Mine had 4 eggs, splash of cream and splash of milk a sprinkle of sugar, some cinnamon and some bourbon. You can add anything. Then pour over the broken donuts in a dish. And cover with glad wrap and leave over night. Sprinkle with raw sugar before cooking in a moderate over for 40-60 mins (I put the dish into a cold oven coz I'm paranoid about plates smashing). Serve with fresh fruit, cream/creme fraiche/marscapone/sweetened sour cream/ice cream. We do this with donuts, croissants, stale bread, stale rolls, waffles. You can also use orange juice and grated rind instead of liqueur, you can pour caramel at the bottom before piling the dough component in the dish. You can add berries, banana, chocolate. Anything. It's really endless.

And if you need a basic recipe just google french toast pudding. Or Nigellas bread and butter pudding. But I've done it so much I can eyeball it.

We have a version of this every Christmas morning without fail.

Oh my YUM! Rouge that sounds amazing..

Got quirky Jo's quirky cooking cookbook recently. Tried making the Singapore noodles the other night and it was a huge success! The minions were shoveling the noodles in with their hands! I made it again last night but substituted the curry powder for soy sauce because DS1 found the curry flavour a bit spicy. Again, a bit hit with the family. Have been invited to dinner at mum and dads tonight and she still had half a sticky date pudding in the freezer from when we visited before (which I made). So instead of making the normals toffee butterscotch to go with the leftover pud tonight I've got QC's dairy free dulce de leche cooking away in the tmx right now! Yummo! Anyone else tried qc recipes?? Any good ones?

I've got the QC cookbook too, we have done nasi goreng and spicy BBQ chicken, both were delicious!

Thanks Rogue, that sounds delish. I'll give it a go (just have to make sure there are some donuts left over, haha!)

Ladies does anyone have a tried garlic bread/pull apart recipe??? Wanting to make one for dinner tonight with spag bol

Popcorn chicken tonight was delishious!!

With quirkys book do you find ingredients are easily sources or do you have to go online for them?? I live in the NT and not everything is readily available

Danita - there are a lot of organic and wholefood online websites you could visit to get bulk supplies of flours and nuts and more of the weirder type ingredients. I found some at my local health food store but they are expensive

I'm nt too danita and the cost of shipping that sort of stuff to here is stupid -like $50 stupid in the case of heavier stuff (which, when you get a few bags of things is easy to do). I haven't bought that book for that very reason. We have a health food/organic shop here, but I don't know who could afford to shop there.

Is anyone else doing the Thermofun cook along? Made sweet and sour chicken tonight and enjoyed it way more than I anticipated. The girls near licked their bowls lol!

My mouth is watering as I read through missed posts on this thread. We're battling out way through a really strict elimination diet (Failsafe) along with dairy, gluten and soy free, plus limitations on eggs due to allergy.

All I can say is, thank goodness for my TM! I am making everything we eat from scratch, with the exception of Sunrice rice cakes and stupidly expensive brown rice pasta. I used to use it once or twice a day, now it's 5-6 times most days.

On the negative side, I'm sick and tired of the limited ingredients. On the plus side, I have finally mastered mincing meat to just the right consistency!

Wtg Pholi!! Good luck with the failsafe!

Danita I haven't bought too much special stuff for the quirky cookbook - probably the most "unusual" things I cook with from her recipes are tamari (reduced salt and sugar soy sauce), rapadura and coconut sugar. You could fairly easily substitute more standard ingredients like sugar and soy sauce.

Depends what you want to cook I guess. Check out her blog. I've so far done mostly savory things and they haven't needed special things apart from what I said above. But if you want to do her low gluten/gluten free stuff then yes you need spelt flour and other grains to mill.

I made the lemon macadamia olive oil biscuits from the QC and they were really nice.. I used normal flour because I didn't have spelt. Still delicious!

Made a delicious soup last night from the TM community recipe website - I find that so helpful. It was the Rockpool Cauliflower and parmesan soup - yummo! Slightly salty but still delish none the less.

Am going to try the QC coconut rice and chicken dish tonight - not sure if it is in her book but it is her recipe. Have been debating whether to get her book or not. Most people I know fall into one of two camps - they love her recipes and her book or they say it is too fussy, not realistic and too hard to source ingredients....

Whats everyone else's opinions on the book?

I like the book but I wish if had the chance to flip through it before buying it. I probably wouldn't have bought it, only because I don't have a family member with allergies. In saying that I do want to switch my family's way of eating and there are some great recipes in there.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

I sold mine. Just wouldn't use it. We don't have allergies so not much point.

I also have the chocolate one I'm trying to sell.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast