Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thermomix Lovers United #4

Default Re: Thermomix Lovers United #4

Sold mine too, happier to pick and choose from the free recipes on her website. There seems to be a few more "mainstream" recipes to choose from.

thanks for that feedback. I think I will not bother then with one.

what cookbook do you recommend?
    are there shops in melbourne you can purchase books from or are they all on line?

there is a shop called the essential ingredient at the prahran market that has some thermie books, not a lot or all of them and i cant remember which ones sorry they also have a consultant instore!

HotI there are often TMX consultants with things to sell like cookbooks at the local fairs and festivals. Maybe not the wattle but definitely the diamond.

My go to book is still the EDC, which comes with the machine. I've got a few others but its mostly just as easy to grab the iPad and find a recipe online - there are stacks online.

If you have a consultant, many of them have books you can look at and my local Dymocks did have a couple of the independent thermie books (i.e. ones not endorsed by Tmx - Tenina Holder and Alyce Alexander from memory).

I actually don't have a favourite book....nor a most used one.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPrincess View Post
    HotI there are often TMX consultants with things to sell like cookbooks at the local fairs and festivals. Maybe not the wattle but definitely the diamond.

My go to book is still the EDC, which comes with the machine. I've got a few others but its mostly just as easy to grab the iPad and find a recipe online - there are stacks online.
    I still like the EDC too, I do have the Quirky Cooking one - which I like but is a bit out there for me really - but it gives me ideas, and that is good because online is good but I find you have to have an idea to start with of what you want - whereas a book I tend to just look at when am stood in the kitchen.

One of the Alyce Alexander ones I had out from the Library.

Im so very close to turning to the dark side...ive been 'researching' for a.couple of weeks now...and then the release of the brand new model this week...
    Can everyone tell me their favourite thing and least favourite thing about their thermi please!

I love that it's multi-function, that it makes things quicker and easier.
    I hate that people buy them and expect to cook every meal and every snack in them. I don't but a car and expect it to drive me every single place lol. I also hate the hype about them doing everything. I still use my hand-held beaters, my Kitchenaid, my ice-cream churn, mystic blender etc.

Least favorite is the noise (we have small flat with open plan living area kitchen so I would prefer if was quieter (I have heard new one is quieter)). My fav thing is actually I can do everything I want using it and don't need anything else (they don't do everything just as Kim says but they do everything I need so I have no other kitchen gadgets, and in a small kitchen that is a big deal). Also the built in scales and how easy it is to clean (no dishwasher here so that is a big deal).

Has anyone heard what the price of the new one is at all? Am spewing cause only just got mine in April! But I suppose who was to know!

Least fave thing would be the noise. Fave thing is it is making me try new things cause it is so easy to cook with.

I hate that people buy them and expect to cook every meal and every snack in them. I don't but a car and expect it to drive me every single place lol. I also hate the hype about them doing everything. I still use my hand-held beaters, my Kitchenaid, my ice-cream churn, mystic blender etc.
    Totally agree with this! There are some weeks where I barely use it (this week being a case in point) and others where it is used multiple times daily.

New one until the end of Oct is $1989, then it will go up, but they haven't said what it will go up too. They are doing 12months interest free too.

I think its cause of the price people expect them to do everything. It would easily be in the top 5 most expensive things I'll buy (including house and Ivf) and we don't have the money sitting around, quite the opposite, I'm hoping it will save us significantly on groceries etc... So will be responsible for a major change of routine and everyday life etc....that is obviously more us than an appliance that needs to change
    My two things I've read from reviews is noise and the fact it bounces around when kneeling, but apparently the new one that is fixed...but I haven't heard it in action yet.

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

I'm annoyed they didn't tell people that just got them that the new one was coming. I've waited since April for my 2nd bowel and blade set.

BD, reading between the lines of some of the posts on the Thermomix in Aus FB page, I think that people who are in the process of buying one have been offered the new model. I also think people who make enough noise and have just has theirs delivered may be offered an upgrade.

But that's just me interpreting things, I have no insight or anything

I'm really feeling for the consultants. Their GLs knew, but they were kept in the dark. And they are being forced to upgrade. I read a post from one recently-joined consultant, she hasn't paid off her machine yet and now she needs to upgrade, she said she can't afford the new one so her business is basically done. Bit sad.

I hate that I have to clean food out from around the blades - would be awesome to remove the blade food processor style so you can scrape clean.

I love that I can make dough easily - my weak arms could do with the workout, but it would never happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbles01 View Post
    I hate that I have to clean food out from around the blades - would be awesome to remove the blade food processor style so you can scrape clean.
    Mmm I find it super easy to clean - first I turbo a few secs to fling any food to the sides to get it out, then for actual cleaning I put hot water in and turbo it - often that is enough to clean it, but if not I take the blades out and when they are out I think clean pretty easily.

I have many favourite things about my thermie. I like how it weighs straight into the bowl and how it stirs while it cooks. I'd never be bothered to cook things like white sauce or custard or risotto before thermie and now they are regular dishes on the menu.

My least favourite thing is that I do kinda feel bound to make everything from scratch now I've got one (had one for two years, but had been thinking about it for 6 months before that). I feel guilty when I look at the premade dips at the shops cause I know I could make them so much cheaper. I therefore hardly ever buy premade stuff, but when i do I feel guilty! LOL - that's just my strange head.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast