Thread: What do you make with your thermomix that you used to buy pre-made?

Default What do you make with your thermomix that you used to buy pre-made?

Ok, so I went to a demo yesterday. I think it looks great! I always thought that I brought lots of basics and not much pre made stuff, but I'm now aware of things that I thought were basics (like butter, icing sugar, spreads) that I could make if I had one.
    I want to see if I can justify the price so I want to go through recipies that I currently cook and see how much easier (or even possibly cheaper) I could make them with the thermomix. I also plan on looking at new things I'd like to try.
    So tell me, what things do you now make rather than buy pre made?

Default Re: What do you make with your thermomix that you used to buy pre-made?

Both my DD's have them and I used DD1's when I was staying there

I cooked
    Soup
    Steamed veggies
    Risotto
    Made bread rolls for school - alot easier to make than I thought

She makes chocolate custard while the kids are in the shower, it's great when they want something for desert and you have nothing
    Great for leftovers, especially soup
    Sorbet
    Vegemite rolls etc just to name a few of the things she makes

Alot of the finer things can be easily made by giving them a whiz in the thermomix

I enjoyed using it while there but would not get one for just the two of us with plenty of time to muck around in the kitchen

Subbing as very interested

Subbing too, got my Thermie a bit over a week ago. Loving it so far, but interested to hear what others use theirs for.

Bread, spice mixes, Passata, jams, yoghurt, halloumi, curry pastes, coconut milk, stock powder (make paste instead), ricotta, school snacks, baking powder, custard, sorbet.

Now before you say oh but I can do that with my food processor/mixer etc. yeah I could. But I never did. That's gotta tell you something

I made a lot if things from scratch pre Thermomix but I think that has doubled since.