Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dairy Free Chocolate

Default Dairy Free Chocolate

Ladies! My mum has discovered a chocolate shop that has dairy free dark chocolate that tastes Devine!!!!

Details:
    Chocolate Grove
    50 Aster Avenue
    Carrum Downs 3201
    PM me for the website...

Seriously, this chocolate is amazing. My kids HATE dark chocolate and they LOVE this!!!
    The guy who runs the shop is super helpful and has a range of dairy free products for chocolate making...

Check them out - you won't be disappointed!

Cool, thanks for that!

I just bought up lots of Dairy Free Easter Bunnies at Darrell Lea yesterday for my DD

Have you tried the Sweet William Milk Chocolate? You can get all sorts of different packs of it inclusing Choc Bits, and individually wrapped ones in the health food section in Coles! (oh, and you can get the white choc version too!).
    My DD loves it

I use it at Christmas to melt down. I buy an advent calender with the chocs in it, pop out the Dairy choc, and use the mould and melt the dairy free choc and then put it all back together....is so easy, and the DD doesn't miss out

Yeah DD likes the sweet William chocolate too but I don't!
    What's the Darrell lea dairy free choc like?

Thanks Berry Sweet - my nephew is on a dairy-free diet and it breaks my heart to use that awful Sweet William stuff!!

I can't stand it to be honest. I usually hate dark chocolate because it's so bitter but this one is just so smooth and Devine..
    We are going to try another BB mums suggestion of mixing it with marshmellows and margarine to see if we can create something even milder... I'll update when we have tried it!

I am pretty sure that the Darrell Lea stuff is just Sweet William repackaged!

Bugger!!!

I just googled them and they don't have anything about dairy free on their website! might have to call them tomorrow...

And I LOVE the sweet williams stuff! it's not as creamy or full on as cadbury etc, it took a bit of getting used to but I prefer it now!

MrsB - which website?

I googled the company... and a website came up with the same name? Is that not right?

It will probably be the same one..
    I hadn't looked at the website before I posted - I'd only been to the shop...
    The website is crap!!
    It tells you nothing...
    However, if you go in or call the shop, the guy is super helpful and will be able to answer any questions...

Default Awesome dairy free cookie recipe

Hey guys, I'm recently new to this whole dairyfree thing. Just found out I have an intolerance to cows milk. I have tried the sweet william chocolate and I know what you mean it can be quite a strong flavour. I made some cookies recently with the sweet william chocolate chips and my pars came round for coffee and had some cookies and loved them. Huge, considering my pars are dairy lovers. Anyway, here's the recipe incase anyone wants to try it.

Recipe:
    1 cup (200g) of brown sugar
    1 cup (260g) of peanut butter - crunchy
    1 egg lightly beaten
    1tsp of Bicarb
    1 cup of sweet william choc bits

Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, bicarb and egg in a bowl. Stir in the choc bits. Mixture is quite sticky, this is normal. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place or just spoon onto baking tray lined with non stick paper. Press down lightly with fork. Baked for about 7 mins or until lightly golden in a preheated oven 180c. Leave to cool on the tray.

Hoping you all like this recipe. It is really easy and the biscuits are so delicious and soft and chewy to eat.

Cheers.

so happy i found this thread
    both my kids are cows milk intollerant and i have been stressing for ages what to do at easter as jhett will be almost 3 and while his been dairy free his whole life he loves chocolate but as his started toilet training weve had to ban all chocolate but ill be going straight to darrell lea for him especially

Hey Mummyofterrors, sorry to hear your kids are cows milk intolerant. It would be really hard to work around but there are a heap of great alternatives available these days.

Bonvita are another brand who do easter chocolates as well, and they are made with rice milk and other ingredients which are dairy free. If you search for them in google, there are heaps of online places who sell the chocolates. Can be a bit expensive though. There is also Carmel Valley, GoMaxGo, Loving Earth and Leda who offer dairy free treats. Your local supermarket might have Leda in the health aisle. They probably have Sweet William too (they do have soy in their products though and apparently the protein can be similar to cows milk). They bring out dairy free chocolate bunnies at Easter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Sweet View Post
    Ladies! My mum has discovered a chocolate shop that has dairy free dark chocolate that tastes Devine!!!!

Details:
    Chocolate Grove
    50 Aster Avenue
    Carrum Downs 3201
    PM me for the website...

Seriously, this chocolate is amazing. My kids HATE dark chocolate and they LOVE this!!!
    The guy who runs the shop is super helpful and has a range of dairy free products for chocolate making...

Check them out - you won't be disappointed!
    Is this actual chocolate for using with moulds/ cooking or something packaged to appeal to kids? I have DD6 & DS4 with anaphylaxis to cows milk & like to get them something for easter that looks slightly interesting for a kid lol. Last year I found small foiled wrapped dark chocolate dairy-free eggs at the Chocolate Box, but they are not exactly close to me. If I could find something closer to home that would be great.

Does anyone else know of any small dairy-free eggs (not rabbits)? My kids are not fans of sweet william.
    Last edited by debstarjane; April 3rd, 2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: posted too soon!

They do some plain eggs about the size of 2 tennis balls wrapped in plain silver foil. I think they do others but I only ****ed in quickly this week to buy more chocolate for my moulds...
    So yes they do sell DF chocolate for melting and they do make DF chocolate products...
    My suggestion would be call and speak to the guy - explain the situation and see what he can offer you...

Thanks

He is really, really helpful so if there is anything he can do, he will...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast