3 1/4 cups plain flour
30g Yeast (this refers to compound yeast so dried is about half this)
1 Teaspoon Salt
4 Tablespoons soft brown sugar
4 Tablespoons Nuttelex
2 Teaspoons Mixed Spice
1 Cup Warm Milk (or soy etc)
2 eggs
1 cup currants - i used fruit mix and you could do half fruit mix half choc (or dark choc for allergy - check labels)

Crumble the yeast into a little of the warm milk, stir (whisk the dried yeast in a little of the warm milk).

Add salt, sugar and spices to flour and mix well.
Make well in flour, pour in creamed yeast, then work in softened butter and eggs one at a time, and as much of the rest of the milk to make a soft dough.
Mix by hand till a good dough is formed.
Add currants (or choc etc) and mix them carefully until they are evenly distributed.
Knead briefly, cover and leave in a owl to rise, till dough is doubled, about 2hrs.

Punch down dough, knead again.
Shape into buns, cover and leave until well risen, about 20-30min.
They should feel light and soft to touch.

Bake buns in preheated oven 190-200 for 15-20min.
Just before they come out prepare a glaze by boiling equal parts water and sugar (1/4 cup of each should be plenty) until syrupy.
Brush buns with this while hot, allow to cool then once cool enough move to a wire rack to cool completely.

** I shape the buns and then put them in a large glass rectangular baking tray, don't squash them in have them JUST touching **

For the White Cross on them mix some flour and water to make a thick smooth paste and then pipe on BEFORE they go into the oven.

Think thats all

HERE is a pic to some i made for my SIL today, these are the best i've made so far, you can make more and smaller, but if you bunch them together they stay doughy so make sure they are JUST touching so they cook evenly