Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10kg to lose, anyone want to join me?

Default 10kg to lose, anyone want to join me?

I am not the most motivated person when it comes to weightloss. I really hate the idea of dieting and have trouble getting the opportunity to exercise.
    But I have decided despite all this I am going to lose 10kg and I aim to do this in 3-4 months, which apparently is a realistic goal.
    So I am looking for anyone who wants to join this thread and share tips, encourage each other etc.
    i don't care if you have more or less weight to lose but if you are interested please post your goal on this thread and we can try and help each other.

I have alot of knowledge of how to lose weight etc but have just been too lazy and too busy to put it into practice since birth of DD1.

oh oh me pick me

Quote Originally Posted by pantswearer View Post
    oh oh me pick me
    Hi.
    ok, so what is your goal?

um i want to loose 30

but 10 is a good start

I'll be in this thread too!!

I'd love to lose 15kg but will be over the moon with 10kg so I'll start with the 10 and then re-assess. I'm doing WW online but have had trouble getting to meetings as well so my motivation has dropped. I need to record what I'm eating every day and plan meals again to fit in with my points. I've also got a reasonable amount of knowledge I think in that when I put my mind to it, I can lose weight (and when I'm not concentrating, I gain it just as quickly ).

10kg in 3 months starting........NOW!!!!

ETA: I have already lost about 5kg through WW but stalled a few weeks ago.

oo I'm hoping to lose some weight too!

I was 96kg at 28+3 weeks, Tristan was born at 34+3 and 2 weeks post partum I was 85kg.

I would like to get down to 75kg and try and maintain that.
    I'm also hopeless with diets and excercise, so my goal is to eat healthier and make better choices. I am also aiming to park just once and walk everywhere I need to go when I go down town... weather permitting of course.

Organicem, Ill join in with ya. I think this would be what i need too.
    I have to lose 10 kgs in the same amount of time basically.
    I am really motivated this time and have joined the gym down the road and sticking to the healthy eating thing.
    I had my baby 8 weeks ago and lucky for me i weighed about 5 kgs less then when i fell pregnant with him after i gave birth...but still have stubbon fat left from the first baby..
    I started yesterday went to the gym and did the vibration machine and stuff and today i feel pretty good.
    My eating plan was done for me by the gym and i think will be pretty easy to stick to.
    C'mon we can do this!!!! Imagine how great we'll feel in a couple of months.

Maybe we could weigh in weekly or something with our weight loss and be honest with ourselves.

Starting weight 70.5kg

Default Ideas for me to lose weight...

Ok. I have lost weight before so am going to try and do what worked last time.
    I am currently 75kg and would like to wiegh 65kg (I am medium build and not very tall).
    So here is my aim:
    I am an 'O' blood group so starchy carbs are my enemy.
    I will start the day with lemon juice in water to detox and have the same after every meal.
    Sweet treats (chocolate, dessert etc) only 3 times per week and must be at least 3 hours before bed time.
    No bread, pasta, rice or potato after 6pm.
    5 small meals per day whenever possible.
    Protein at least twice per day.

Tonight I am cooking baked chicken legs with baked zuchinni, capsicum, tomato and onion.

Also, am planning on taking dancing once per week and walking 5 other days for at least half hour.
    I will be away from home for 5 weeks prac teaching but think there will be plenty of opportunity for exercise then and will be staying in a wheat free home!!

Amanda, I hear you on the stubborn first baby fat... I was 65kg before Brendan and stacked on 20kg... which I never lost. I lost the weight easy after Tristan... LOL

Organicem- Sounds good and dinner sounds yummy, tacos for us tonight with lean mince. I'm going to try having my dinner on a toddler sized plate as well to trick my head that i'm full.. Ive hear that works pretty well. Im O pos too and you just listed all my fav foods, bread and pasta especially.

Sally- I know. I just had the most depressing time after my first about my body and i'm not going to let it happen this time! I actually lost the weight but it came back on just as fast.

I'm starting the day with good old Oats and peice of fruit.
    Lunch is 3 slices lean meat eg Turkey or Roast beef with salad or veges.
    Dinner is Lean meat or fish with salad or veges.
    Snacks are Yogurt, Fruit, vege sticks, tinned tuna or boiled eggs.
    and 2L of water a day which is hard for me because i forget to drink.

Weighed myself this morning and my weight hasn't shifted for 2 weeks!!

Yesterday I moved a heap of wood from the back garden to the patio for the fire so I'm counting that as exercise!!

Organic - you sound very organised and motivated!!
    Amanda - I have oats for breakfast too!!
    Sally - I'm aiming to try and walk more too - the weather does make it hard though, especially the cold. I always put stuff off cause I don't want DS to get too cold.

Kaz- i know what you mean about the cold. Have found shopping centres with covered car parks are good for rainy days (except that DD1 runs away from me).

Didn't get to dancing class last night as DH has decided he can only take care of girls if DD2 doesn't cry

I took 12 months to lose all but 5kg after having DD1 (I had put on 30kg) and then I got pregnant immediately so have a feeling I will have trouble with the last 5kg this time too!! Even though I lost the first 10kg easily this time.

Have discovered Mission wraps (am sure there are plenty of other brands too) which I am using in replace of bread. I find I get too hungry if I have no starchy carbs when b'feeding and this way I can fill them up with meat and salad (or leftovers...looking forward to trying this).

mmm...the wraps sound healthy and delish!! Are they like mountain bread at all? How do you b'feed and not eat carbs??? Sounds impossible. How are you going with the five small meals a day so far?

I think the last 5kg is always the most stubborn!

I went for a walk today but it was only a quick one. Should be within my points for today too.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kaz~ View Post
    mmm...the wraps sound healthy and delish!! Are they like mountain bread at all? How do you b'feed and not eat carbs??? Sounds impossible. How are you going with the five small meals a day so far?

I think the last 5kg is always the most stubborn!

I went for a walk today but it was only a quick one. Should be within my points for today too.
    It is impossible, for me anyway. I tried to cut them out last time andlast two days i have since figured its probably not exactly a healthy thing to try.

Will end up with having 3 small ,eals, one large and a snack by end of today.

Dinner is Chicken Tikka Masala: i use chicken bok choy, onion and capsisum. Cook with almost whole jar of sharwoods curry paste and add remainder of jar 5 mins before serving. I cook it with cream or just with water if trying to aviod greasy or fatty foods. ATM am not avioding fats though.

count me in i need to lose 45kg but 10 kg is a great start for me

Can I join in now I have had my bubba? I want to get to about 65kgs and am currently 81kgs (I honestly have no idea where I am hiding about 15 of them.. I don't *look* too 'overweight' and apparently 60kgs is ideal for my height and build).

Hopefully the bfing will help but I will be doing it mainly through exercise because I don't want to risk my milk supply with anything too restrictive food wise. Gonna hit the wiifit and active hard tomorrow now my lochia rubra is over too.

So - target is 16kgs! Method is exercise!

Hi Inertia
    Welcome!!

My Progress:
    I have found I fit into my pre pregnancy jeans!!
    Have not been able to get out to dancimg as have noone to look after my girls
    So I have been dancing around at home and walking whenever I have the energy.
    I have been eating far too much chocolate and other comfort foods so need to find something else to do instead...sugesstions welcome

How are the rest of you going?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast