Thread: Back at work and gaining weight

Unhappy Back at work and gaining weight

My weight loss was going well until recently. I have been back at work now for about 4 weeks and despite eating well (toast for breakie, sandwich for lunch and usual dinner), I have strted to gain weight (1 1/2 kilos). I manage to get to the gym about 3 times a week, but I've noticed that now that I'm sitting all day and not chasing after DD, all my hard work is going to pot .

What can I do? I don't really want to go to the gym more cause then I wont see DH (I head out once DD is asleep for the night). And other than eating nothing but salad (and it's getting way too cold to do that for long), I don't know what else to do and am getting very depressed (and looking to the chocolate I have in the cupboard).

Any suggestions please. I'm desperate!

I think try to up your incidental exercise while at work. If you catch public transport get off a stop or two earlier. If you drive, could you park further away?

I also often go for a walk at lunchtime. Now the idea of "going for a walk at lunchtime" has never appealed to me at all but the idea of walking somewhere to get some sushi/some other healthy yummy does the trick or I go to a shopping centre and browse. So it doesn't feel like I'm going for a boring old walk, feels like I'm doing something interesting.

Also if you're in a multi-storey building, take the stairs, not the lift. If possible, use less email and go and see colleagues instead. Just try to find excuses to get up from your desk.

If possible, get a pedometer and see how many steps you'd do in an average day and then find ways to increase it.
    Last edited by fionas; May 16th, 2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo