Thread: Breakfast ideas

Default Breakfast ideas

I am trying to build up a list of yummy, healthy and quick breakfast ideas. This morning I had Date and Oat slice for breakfast with some sunflower seeds. It is (the slice) kept in the fridge and is a nice cool breakfast and healthy snack as well.

Cheers in advance.

Default Re: Breakfast ideas

My favourites are rolled oats, yogurt and blueberries, breakfast smoothies made with fruit (normally banana and mango or blueberries), milk, rolled oats, coconut water and coconut oil. Last is poached eggs on today with Vegemite and avocado

I second oats! Easy, quick and tasty with a squeeze of honey. Plus they keep you feeling full for ages. I have oats almost every morning

I love oats too but they have to be cooked on the stovetop! Takes too long then. Good for weekends.

I have also been having two eggs on toast but avocado instead of butter. Mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!! And loads of cracked black pepper.

Another one for oats. You can actually store cooked oats in the fridge or freezer and then reheat. Works best with rolled or steel cut rather than quick oats. My favourite at the moment is baked oats with banana coconut and peanut butter. I make up enough for 8 days and keep the rest in the freezer. It's not quite as good as it is fresh but still really yummy.

You could do microwave/quick oats? I know unprocessed are the best but I don't have time to do the stovetop bit in the morning so I microwave porridge then add lots of goodies such as.

Coconut cream
    Banana
    Pear and cinnamon
    Currants or sultanas
    Almonds
    Almond milk
    Diced peaches

All with a slurp of honey

I also make my own muesli-

Rolled oats
    Raisins
    Currants
    Sultanas
    Pumpkin seeds
    Sunflower kernels
    Coconut chips
    Flax
    Chia seeds
    Slithered almonds

You can lightly toast in oven with coconut oil or use as is.

Homemade granola and yoghurt
    Smoothies

CADA. Basically coconut, almonds, dates, Apple.
    Blitz up in a food processor or Thermomix. Have on its own, with some yogurt, chia seeds etc.

I've been making chia pudding for breakkie the last few days- it needs to be soaked/refrigerated overnight so they are great for a quick breakfast. I top with fresh fruit and almonds. I have chia and coconut cream pudding in the fridge now, with some flax meal and vanilla for good measure.

I make overnight oats with chia in a jar.
    Oats, chia and milk mixed together and layered with greek yogurt and fruit.
    It keeps for a few days so I usually do a few jars at a time and a couple for the kids as well.
    Being able to grab brekky in a jar from the fridge is great.

I'm having loads of different things for breakfast at the mo. One of my favorite ones is a paleo muesli with coconut milk/ cream and stewed apple and prune mix. It keeps for days so I also make up some jars ahead of time.
    I love banana pancakes made with 2 eggs and 1 banana with a dash of cinnamon. I use my stick blender to make a smooth batter.
    They cook up well and store well for a couple of days. Delicious with ricotta, cinnamon and maple syrup.
    Or mini frittatas freeze well. I load one with lots of veggies.