Thread: Breastfeeding and WW?

Question Breastfeeding and WW?

I am very keen to jump straight into operation weight loss asap after J is born.

Has anyone done the ww breastfeeding plan? Did it work?

would love your experiences

I lost 7 kilos doing the BF plan on WW, which got me back to 1 kilo above my pre preg weight.

I didn't start until 6 weeks after bubs was born to ensure I didn't mess with my supply. I love it because I got any extra 7 points a day!

Good luck!

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

ohh really didnt even know they had a BF plan. Whats does it say?

Hi i am currently doing the bf plan on weight watchers. I have been going for 2 weeks and have lost a total of 1.7kg.

They like you to try and loose around 500grams a week. The plan allows you extra points i think its 7 extra then if you werent feeding. They outline the extra nutrients etc that they like you to have , like extra water, milk and healthy oils.

Great thread. I have been wondering the same thing. I have the books from when I did it last time but didn't know about what to do if BF. I would love to do WW again just don't have the money to do it

I did WW Online. Meetings are a couple of hours away from me, the online tracker is great. Thousands of foods are listed in there. Plus, if you cheat with portion sizes, etc, I felt like I was only cheating myself.

glad to hear you've all been having success, I had to stop WW when I got pregnant (unfortunately hubby stopped with me so he's put weight back on too!), but we're definitely going back assoon as I can...is 6 weeks standard? do u need a statement from ur doc saying its ok for you to start again?

wow 6 weeks is early !!!
    i started last week and have 28 points per day !! i think and i know DD is more satisfied and is not such a frequent feeder now that i am eating more!!
    its fun and WW is addictive [email protected]!