Thread: Can I go on Tony Ferguson while breastfeeding?

Question Can I go on Tony Ferguson while breastfeeding?

I'm getting desperate to lose the baby weight (and some) I gained during my pregnancy but I'm still breastfeeding my almost 7mth old son. He's not taking solids at all at the moment, no matter how much I try. Should I wait until he starts eating solids to start the Tony Ferguson diet or should I wait until I have finished breastfeeding full stop? I don't want my milk supply to diminish, thats why I'm asking, as I heard going on a drastic diet can lose some of it.

Last edited by avanliamsmum; August 27th, 2007 at 10:07 PM.

I'm pretty sure that the Tony Ferguson program isn't recommended during breastfeeding. As it puts your body into ketosis - this will drastically affect the quality of your milk, and perhaps your supply as well?

You will probably be able to find out more regarding this at the pharmacy where they do the program...

I know you can do Weight Watchers, or Lite n Easy when BF though, if thats something you would be interested in?

no you can't. Kelly just asked about this recently on the TF forum.
    You need to wait til he is weaned completely.
    You can do the WW breastfeeding points program though.

Sorry, I read some of the TF forum briefly, I must've missed that part! I have the at home WW kit anyway, so I'll just stick with that for the time being. Thanks!

lol don't apologise. It took a few phone calls and emails for her to get a straight anwser cos some of the info is conflicting (the book says breastfeeding women should be under the direction of a GP, but online they say a flat no)