Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contours

Question Contours

I signed up the day before DS hit the three month mark. I was 72kg before I fell pregnant and put on around 35kg during my pregnancy (my OB was nice enough to not weigh me from 38 weeks onwards and i went to 41+3 so I dare say it was atad more than the 35) When I did my first weigh in I was 94.5kg so roughly had lost 12kg before trying

The trainers tell me the .5 hr/day 3-4 times/week is enough? Has anyone been a Contours member and did you get the results you were looking for without additional exercise? How long did it take for you to acheive your desired weight loss? It's starting to sound like I am avoiding exercise LOL but it's more a lack of time that's stopping me from doing anything else atm! I watch what I eat and have been told there is no need to modify my diet!

I wasnt a member of Contours...but i was of Curves.

I loved it....but i fell pg with DD1 so it didnt work as such for me!

My mum continued on and she lost heaps of weight and cm's however

hi Tan,
    The theory works really well - I used to be a member of contours but the only problem I had which ended up causing me to cancel was they they have really strange opening hours so I could never go after work or on weekends so it really is geared to people who are able to go during business hours.
    A half an hour is good but if you can managed an hour or even 45 mins you'll get better results.
    Good luck!!!

The major draw card for me was that I could do the workout in .5 hr so when I go back teaching once this lot of holidays are over the time spent away from bubby will be minimal! I am however starting to think that .5hr workout with the 'fabulous results they claim to acheive' seems too good to be true! Also should add that bub and I were walking every afternoon but we live out of town on 14 acres and since the weather has started to warm up there have been alot snakes around - eeekkk! So im just hoping im not wasting my money on this gym membership... i guess only time will tell i suppose!

I go to Curves (so same thing) and love it. I've been going for a month and have lost a dress size already. At the moment I'm only going roughly 3 times a week, but hoping to increase it soon to 5 times a week.

Oh good on you Jodi! That's awesome! Guess I will stick with it!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Glad to hear the reviews, one is opening around the corner from me, very very close and I am going to sign up, it opens in October. YAY!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I wish there was one closer to us as I would join, I have heard so many good things about them, the only thing I wish was that they had a child minding service as with DH working away all the time I always have atleast one child with me and there is no one else to take them so I can go,

Well done Jodie, thats fantastic.

Good luck Tan I hope it works out for you

That's the only downfall Elle. My dh works long hours, and when he gets home (around 5pm, after a 10-11 hour day) I make his coffee, then race out the door to go to the gym. Then I get home and finish off dinner. I have to be super organised, but I figure it's getting me trim and terrific, so a small price to pay in the meantime.

Agree on the child minding! DS is atad mummified and refuses to settle when left with his Nonna I joke that he likes his mummy a little chunky. I have a GF who has just started an early learning art class in Cairns and she is looking to spread her talents over FNQ - there is a great space right next door to Contours we are looking at prices for the space so maybe be possible to incorporate a Creche! Have a feeling the rent might be too expensive but worth a look! There downfall will be our gain!!

I have just finished the 6 week chanllange with my contours studio, I lost 5kg and 18.5 cm... so it does work with healthy eating and eating to loose weight... I was going 3-4 times per week over the challange and have so far kept it up.

As far as childminding goes, I have a friend who also goes and has kids, so we do a swap, I go and she looks after the kids then she goes and I look after them!!! As its only a 40 min round trip its great!

This sounds like something I need to do... I need to lose around 20kg hopefully by chrissy. Can anyone give me a rough outline on what contours or curves would coast me? It sounds like you are all doing great.

I pay $59 a month.

Thank-you for your speedy reply Jodi, what do you get for your $59 a month? it seems a bit pricey...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I think thats a pretty good price when you weigh up the cost of programs like Tony Ferguson which cost around the same for a months worth of products.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Yeh I suppose... I didn't think of it that way.....

For the $59 a month you get your three first sessions with a PT. And at my studio they throw in 3 sauna sessions too! They take all your measuresments and remeasure at regular intervals to ensure you are getting results - my first remeasure is this week ARGH! I have my 10yr school reunion in a month and half... I have lots of lovely dresses to wear jonly i dont fit any of the anymore so fingers and toes are crossed! Feeling like I have lost a few cms but the tape measure never lies... EEK!

i just wanted to say that how much you exercise can actually be irrelevant in trying to lose weight... you could exercise for two hours a day 7 times a week and still not lose weight if you are eating more calories than you need....

i've just lost almost 4kg in just over a month without doing a drop of exercise, i have watched what i eat, and i know it sounds boring, but have counted the calories i consume - the only way to guarantee weight loss is to create a calorie deficit, which you can do by eating less, or exercising more, or a combination of both. the calorie king website has been fundamental in my weight loss, it really opens up your eyes as to what foods are better to eat than others and what exercise burns more calories than others... for example i've pretty much given up on counting walking as an exercise as it barely burns any calories (unless you are like POWER walking for an hour or more)

i have now joined a gym and am going 3-4 times a week, as well as doing fitness dvd's at home.....

i know 4kg doesn't sound like much but my overall goal was to lose 10kg, so i figure i'm almost half way there and have barely worked up a sweat yet. i'm hoping now starting to exercise will speed things up alot.

anyways back to contours, i think its a great concept, particularly for less fit people, or people with a lot to lose.... however its important to change your exercise habits every couple of months otherwise your body hits a plateau, it needs to be constantly challenged, and for me, i didn't think curves or contours could really accommodate that... if in 3 months time i was still doing the same circuit style workout, i know i wouldn't be seeing much results... IYKWIM....

if it were me i'd just be joining on a short to medium term basis to get your initial fitness up...

good luck xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast