Thread: Curves vs Contours

Default Curves vs Contours

Hey guys,

We have both Curves and Contours right near by me, and i'm thinking at joining one of them. They both don't have childminding, but my plan was the drop DD off at MIL in the morning on the way to dropping DS at kindy, then head straight to the gym (1 is 5 mins away from DS kinder, the other is 5 mins from my house, so either way i can do it), and then pick up DD from MIL.

Just have to run my plan via MIL, but i'm sure its fine as she is home anyway, and loves having DD.

So, which one would you guys recommend? What exactly is the different between them (somebody said something in a different thread about different weight bearing equipment).

What is the price for each? Do they have different plans, or is there just 1 joining price? Do you have to sign up for 12 months, or do i have a 6 month option? There is a website that you can get trial vouchers for gyms, so i am planning on doing a trial at each.

Do they have sign up and exit fees?

Thanks.

I have been to both..

I went to Curves and signed up for a 12 month membership, they did not have any other option at that time (2 yrs ago)

They use hydrolic (sp?) like equiptment which means the harder you work, the better the results.

I found it got boring after a while because it was the same thing everytime (the "program" never changed) I started not going regularly and then stopping all together after only 3 months.

I am with contours now. and i LOVE it. I was paying $79 (month by month) in the beginning because i wanted to make sure that i would go..

They use weights and they change your program every 4 weeks to make sure you stay interested and keep getting results. You can do boxing, hoola hooping and everything!

Im paying $59 a month now.. on a 12 month contract.

I have lost 1.8kg and 10.5cms in 4 weeks!! and LOVING it!!

hope this helps a little

I used to go to Curves. At first I loved it, started seeing some great results. But after a couple of months I got so bored with it, and I couldn't shift the weight. I broke my contract and I'm doing other things now.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I am with Contours and on the Tony Ferguson site the verdict seems to be Contours too (which is why I joined them). Very happy but haven't been in a while with Xmas and all the stuff going on.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Curves is weight resistance and Contours is weight bearing..
    Curves was the 1st 30 min gym in the USA and contours then copied them.

Curves is proven on a regular basis by University studies that its a full body workout,
    You can get out of your contract for no more then 50 penalty where as Contours doesnt do that at all, and dont bend much either if you need to go on sick leave etc.

There are over 10,000 curves all over the world!! for a reason that they are the better workout, and better proven support.

I personally prefer Contours for continued support... and also im getting AWSOME results!

Im sure u can do a free workout at each place.. I suggest you go in and try it for yourself.. choose the one you feel is more likely to keep you interested and also see how nice the girls are

Is it the same price at each gym, or does each one choose their own pricing?

I just want to know i can afford it before the trial, because i know once i go i will get pestered to sign up

Contours is much much harder on bones joints etc, being weight baring.. can do some damage if you have not used weights for a while..

its good to get out of a contract.. if you dont like it.. whereas Contours you are locked in for a year .. regardless..

They haev the same pricing as they are both franchises.

Go to both and see what you think..

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Contours have a contract and casual I am sure of it, I was offered a choice, it was cheaper for 12 months so I took that, only works out to be $50 a mth.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team