Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Default Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Welcome to the Weight Loss Support thread.

Please remember this is for weight loss, any other general chatter may be removed at the moderators discretion.

Good luck to you all with achieving your goals.

Your previous thread can be found here
    Last edited by LionsandBears; August 1st, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Wow I killed the last thread...

Hmm, should not have bought nice white bakery bread. Must resist!!

Hi I'm a new member & was wondering if I could join this thread. I'm 8 months postpartum & want to lose 20 or so kilos to get to my goal weight. I have been exercising like crazy & trying to curb sugar cravings. How do u all crave them?

Ooh that was always my weakness too! Just how squishy it is...mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by purplepixie View Post
    Hi I'm a new member & was wondering if I could join this thread. I'm 8 months postpartum & want to lose 20 or so kilos to get to my goal weight. I have been exercising like crazy & trying to curb sugar cravings. How do u all crave them?
    Hi and welcome! I've been on my new lifestyle for over 3 months now so I don have any cravings for any bad food any more - so I can't help with your question, but wanted to welcome you to BB anyway

Ha you didn't kill it you dag, it's was like 40posts over 300 lol.

Kell you do not suck!!

Astrid - you can do it!!...oh but with real butter and honey.....NO you CAN do it!

Hey Purplepixie, welcome chick. I suck with sugar cravings too. No real advice. I've tried a lot. The best is just not to have anything in my house.

Well this plan is showing me that I don't mind stuff I've previously avoided because I thought I didn't like it. Just had a snack of banana, no fat plain yoghurt and LSA meal...wasn't too bad at all. Filled the hole anyway.

It was only 3degree when it was time to take Darc to school this morning so too cold to put the littlies in he pram. Went to the gym and did 45mins on the spin bike and treadie...boring but it's something.

LOL, Mel. Thread killer.

Astrid, good luck with the bread. I love fresh bakery bread *drool* Lucky for me our one and only bakery here sucks and the bread isn't that nice!

Purple pixie, I just did a few weeks sugar free. Whilst the first week was pretty difficult and a struggle, it got easier every day. After that I didn't really crave the sugar at all. Once you're over the hump of the physical craving, it isn't so hard not to eat it!

OOh I'd love to go on a spin bike. Well, correction, I'd love to own a spin bike, we have an exercise bike, but I never go on it.... dunno really what the difference is.....

Kel - I think its about 3 weeks and then thats it. Then it just gets easier. I think I crave strawberries more than chocolate now LOL

hi girls
    can i join in here?
    after being in denial for over a year about my increasing weight, i actually joined weight watchers this morning. the program seems really good and achievable, but just thought i should jump in here to get some extra support

Ginger, weight watchers is really good (I think so anyway!). It is about healthy eating, but also teaches you lifestyle and emotional strategies to cope with eating and weight gain/loss. If I could afford it, I would do it again!

Hi everyone! Feels like ages since I've posted in this thread! As it says in my sig, I have now lost 32kg since January this year. Another 5-10kg left to go. I have been running, walking and going on my exercise bike for exercise, and just plodding along with eating. I haven't touched Maccas, HJs or KFC since January! I barely eat chocolate anymore either. So, while I don't count calories, everything I eat is basically healthy, good food. There's another 10km road race coming up in October, so I'm planning on entering that and hopefully beating my time!

It's amazing to look back at old photos and then photos now - I'm a totally different person .

You certainly are a different person!! And you look so well, fit and healthy! Amazing.

Hi Ginger

hi girls thanks for welcoming me.

sterla- that is amazing weight loss! well done girl!!

nerd burger- I've seen your pics on fb and have been really impressed. you look great!

3LM- yes i agree with you that it seems to be about getting healthy, which is great for me. i hate diets!!! i just love food too much. hopefully i can stick to this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nerd Burger. View Post
    Hi and welcome! I've been on my new lifestyle for over 3 months now so I don have any cravings for any bad food any more - so I can't help with your question, but wanted to welcome you to BB anyway
    Thankyou Mrs Nerd Burger, what's this new lifestyle? Id love to hear about it! If you don't get cravings, its something id also love to try.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post

Hey Purplepixie, welcome chick. I suck with sugar cravings too. No real advice. I've tried a lot. The best is just not to have anything in my house.

Well this plan is showing me that I don't mind stuff I've previously avoided because I thought I didn't like it. Just had a snack of banana, no fat plain yoghurt and LSA meal...wasn't too bad at all. Filled the hole anyway.

It was only 3degree when it was time to take Darc to school this morning so too cold to put the littlies in he pram. Went to the gym and did 45mins on the spin bike and treadie...boring but it's something.
    Thanks Kim. Yes I find that too, but the husband has a lot of sweets in the house. Especially chocolate.

Wow. 45 minutes on spin bike. I'm so unfit I don't think id be able to handle 5minutes. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by 3littlemonkeys View Post

Purple pixie, I just did a few weeks sugar free. Whilst the first week was pretty difficult and a struggle, it got easier every day. After that I didn't really crave the sugar at all. Once you're over the hump of the physical craving, it isn't so hard not to eat it!
    3 little monkeys... Did you find that you had massive headaches the first week? I signed up to body trim and the 3 day detox was terrible. Definitely a diet I can't tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by 3littlemonkeys View Post
    Ginger, weight watchers is really good (I think so anyway!). It is about healthy eating, but also teaches you lifestyle and emotional strategies to cope with eating and weight gain/loss. If I could afford it, I would do it again!
    Yes, weight watchers is fairly expensive isn't it. I have a nut allergy, so choosing off the menus is nearly impossible for me. Plus my weekly shop costs less than the plan and I enjoy cooking meals.

Thankyou all for the welcome. Let's kick some kilos. My first main goal is to lose 5 kilos. Small achievable goals to start with. I've just got to over 90kilos. The heaviest I've been in my life, even when I was pregnant, and I didn't even get to term!

Its too scary looking at loosing 20kilos. But I'm determined to do this!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

Purplepixie - I had 35kg to lose so I get its so daunting when its a biggish number. I'm halfway though - woohoo lol

Um, my new lifestyle was just eating well and exercising! That's about it really! I weaned myself off chocolate and all the sweet stuff before I started the new lifestyle so thats why I no longer crave it. I think if you wean yourself off it properly, you don't get the same cravings as you do if you allow yourself a little bit - cos I could never stop at a little bit, so I knew I had to go off it completely. I haven't eaten chocolate in a while, well I had m and m's at my BIL's place, but it didn't really do anything for me - so I haven't craved them again! Though the thought of farm fresh strawberries dipped in dark chocolate is on my mind a bit at the moment haha!

How often does everyone weigh themselves? I do it pretty much every morning, just out of curiosity. I know weight fluctuates dramatically so I don't really pay any attention unless its my proper weigh in day (every Sunday, and we record it monthly on the 23rd). I think this morning I was just a smidge over 82kg so I'm getting excited about that! Thats getting close to the 70's lol

nerd- I'm going to be weighing in every wednesday. once a week for me, daily does my head in too much!!! 82 wow that is terrific! what is your goal? what sort of exercising have you been doing?

im not really a sweet tooth, more into savoury foods- love cheeses and wine and hot chips. yum!!!

I started just by walking around the streets near my house, and then we got a cross trainer, so I work out on that, we also have an exercise bike (that I was using but now I'm not) and then we got a rower (which now doesn't work, have to get it fixed) and then we got a treadmill - which I use. So I exercise nearly every day, either the cross trainer or treadmill. No exercise today though, DD1's birthday so we haven't had a chance to fit it in.

BTW - we are definitely not rich or anything, our equipment was all secondhand, think the bike was $65, rower was $80, treadmill was $275 and my cross trainer was $750 (which I sold 3 baby carriers to fund).

Anything to get fit huh!

Whoops - and my goal is 65. So I started at 103kg in March, then when I started my new lifestyle in April I was 100kg exactly.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast