... 89101112 ...

thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Jan 2008
    Brissy

well where is everyone ?????

I have finally decided to get my act together as it has taken me all year to lose 5 kilos ...lol....?????
    anyway i have been really good with my eating and lost another 2 kilos ...no wi am only 2 kilos of my first goal of 80 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. it feels so good to be doing something for me

hi to everyone

Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.

Sitting here going "I need to lose weight, I need to lose weight" but then doing sweet FA about it You would think a trip back to the home state would get me motivated, plus some ebay purchase of dresses that are a tad too small, but no.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2005

I really need to get serious again with diet and weight loss. I lost about 5 kgs earlier this year which put me 5kgs away from goal. fast forward 6 months and I have put it all back on again, so I am 10kgs off goal AGAIN!! frustrating! I seem to have a really bloated belly this time though, which hasn't ever been the case. its disgusting!! food is my biggest problem as I do go to the gym at least 1-3 times a week. 3 times when I am serious, 1 time when I am off the weight loss band wagon!! I think I need to portion control (sooo hard, I seem to be able to eat a lot before I feel full) and snacking on junk. I somehow got into the habit of buying lollies etc to use as a reward, so say once a week I could have a few and then somewhow I was back in the habit of eating them willy nilly again! anyways, I gues I need some inspiration!

Mar 2006

Oh I forgot about this thread. How is everyone travelling. After an average week or two I'm back on track properly this week.

I started back at work last week (sniff sniff) and I fall straight back into my old habits of a can of coke and a chocolate each shift!!! I did it without even realising it. I'm back on Friday and I AM NOT GOING TO EAT CHOCOLATE OR DRINK COKE!!!!!

So far I have lost 11.1kg . I am so fricken proud of myself. I have 1.3kg to go!!! I even spoilt myself and brought myself some clothes that actually fit me. I can' believe I got size 10 & 12.

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

during the 12wbt I've lost 5.7kgs and 50cms off my body, I can run 4km without stopping and my body shape has improved

Oct 2010
    Baldivis, WA

Re: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

during the 12wbt I've lost 5.7kgs and 50cms off my body, I can run 4km without stopping and my body shape has improved
    Sopdet, what is this 12wbt?

Sounds awesome! Well done!

Sep 2012
    Sydney, NSW

Hello Everyone!

DP and I have decided we are both unhappy with our weight and have started calorie counting and increasing our exersize to try to lose a few kilos by xmas!

I was always a really skinny kid until I was about 17, when I started to chub up a bit. When I was 20 my maximum weight was 73kg. I started going for walks and quickly it became an addictive routine. Then I changed my diet up slowly over time to smaller portions of healthier food. 3 months later I was curious one morning and weighed myself at 59kg! 14 kilos! I was pretty shocked. I maintained 59/60kg until i met my DP.... Now I sit usually at about 62kg.

The last 6 months of this year have been difficult on us - having some unexpected difficulty TTC, my nan passing away and a MC has caused a lot of comfort eating!!

Thismorning I weighed in at 65.5kg and DP at 110kg. I want to be 62kg and him 105kg by xmas!

DP bought me a lovely bicycle last weekend (he already has one) and we live right near a couple of excellent walking/cycling paths. I can only do low impact exersize due to a spinal injury from a car accident - so walking and cycling it is!

Does anyone have any tips on what I can fill his tuckerbox with? He eats well at home but mostly drivethru and servo food at work due to being incredibly lazy! He is a tradie so no access to a kitchen at work.

Jan 2008
    Brissy

well guys .... hi and welcome back .... lol..

remember sometimes we take a step back, but we need to not look back but just move forward.

i look at my motivational photos each day and somedays its really hard but im sick of being FAT ..... and the only person who's to blame .... is me !!

i'm down another 500 g ..... gym 4 times a week, plus walking 2 mornings, pushing pram and good eating ... NO junk !!!!... or only one meal a week is junk... the rest are good meals

keep up the good work guys

Jan 2007

I'm baacckkkkk - this year I will kick this yo yo weight gain and loss cycle. I am sick and tired of it, it's not huge numbers but I look and feel horrible and I really want to create new habits in my life because my diet is definitely nowhere near what it should be.

I need to:

Up my vegetable intake daily.
    Increase water intake daily.
    Exercise daily.
    Cut the crap - if I do have it, have it small portions and move on, not binge and then wonder why I have gained 2 kgs. Will not cut it completely though but monitor my amounts.

I think if I do all this I will definitely see results like weight loss and my body changing!!!! I need to lose around 6 kgs but not too fussed on seeing the numbers as seeing the change in the mirror and my clothes!

So who else is making lifestyle changes in 2013! We are moving next week so I will be around but probably quietish until we get internet down there so don't think I have disappeared but will update at the beach on my phone where I get 3G!

Feb 2006
    NSW Central Coast

Me too Tan. Sick of losing and gaining. And gaining and gaining! I now have about 35-40kg to go. OMG But one day at a time. I need to get through this heat wave too, but still exercise....43 degrees today and tomorrow, and nothing under 40 for a week. It was still over 30deg at 10pm last night! Maybe I will just do some yoga DVD's (that's all I have!) and make up some weight bearing stuff...push ups and squats...

Oct 2004

ooh yeah. Back again. I am yoyo'er and it sucks. Gained all of what I lost at the start of last year. I think the move from 3 to 4 days per week of work has had a huge affect on my health. Less time to exercise and prepare food, so takeaway has featured a fair bit. Have realised that I just cannot have a drink a day, or even once per week. I noticed it was in the lead up and aftermath of my birthday that the weight gain really hit.

Add Mel_B1981 on Facebook Follow Mel_B1981 On Twitter

Aug 2011
    Neerim, Victoria

Hi All!

Thought I might join in on this conversation as I don't really feel like I belong anywhere else on this forum just yet as my IVF journey hasn't quiet started yet.

To give a little background on 'me': I have always battled with my weight. Was always picked on at school for being the fat four-eyes. Never participated in any sports and I wasn't any good at anything I did try. After I finished my year 12, I was well into the 90kgs....and hated myself. At around this time I met my first serious boyfriend and because neither of us had a car, we used to train and walk it everywhere we went together...and I got down to 70Kg in quiet a short period of time.

After that relationship failed, a new relationship started not long after, only this boyfriend sat on his butt all day everyday and the weight started piling on. By the time we broke up I was well over 100Kg. I then was 'set-up' by a school friend with a guy who is now my husband. At my absolute heaviest (our wedding day, unfortunately) I was 134Kg. But for several years now I have hovered anywhere from 114 - 125Kg.

My cousin has recently had a lot of success with losing weight via the Michelle Bridges 12WBT program and she attempted back in January/February 2012 to convince me to sign up with her...but I convinced myself I didn't have the time to do it (We work over 100Km from home and are out of the house 13-14 hours each day. When we get home, I have a cattery to maintain, and by the time this is done, I'm stuffed and wind up in bed exhausted).

Back in about June 2012 I decided I needed to FIND the time to do something about my weight. So I decided to sign up for the Shannan Ponton 8 week challenge. On my very first weigh in I weighed in at 126.6Kg. I've now completed 2x 8 week challenges, and have been doing personal training sessions with a private trainer outside the challenge for approx. 2 months. At my last weigh in (last Sunday) I now weigh: 116.7Kg. Over the past 4 weeks I have finally been achieving constant weight loss each week of 0.4 - 0.5Kg a week. I'm hoping with my home gym now set up with a treadmill, exerciser bike, weights and Ab Glider, I should be able to increase my exercise levels and am aiming at a consistent weight loss of between 0.5 - 1.0Kg a week.

I have 36.7Kg to go to get to ultimate goal, but first 'mini' goal is to get under 100Kg. I'm hopeful that I might be able to step my training up a notch and get this done before end of March 2013.
    Last edited by Mel_B1981; January 5th, 2013 at 09:39 AM.

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

Hey girls - good to see others who are committed to getting fit and fabulous this year

That's where I'm at, too.

So much so that despite two kids, ridiculous hours, 2+ hours commuting daily, an anti human trafficking campaign and that little thing called a marriage and social life, I've actually got a heart rate monitor from DH for Christmas, and have signed myself up for the Michelle Bridges 12WBT thingie, and have started a thread on it ...

Happy to see any and all others there, whether you're signed up, or whether you're just doing it alongside, with the key things (daily exercise, portion control, etc).

Jan 2008
    Brissy

peanutbutter: i am 8 weeks into a 12 week challenge ( my own challenge ) i found if you dont make time then it never happens. so many of us say i'm going to lose weight this year, but change nothing and then wonder why we gained some more ???
    good luck on your challenge

mel 1981: i just said to peanutbutter about making time, we're all busy but if you want to change you have to work. best of luck to you for 2013 and your new goals

astrid: yeah changing your schedule always mucks up weight i find. i had lost about 7 kilo then got sick and had 3 weeks in bed... gained 3 kilos.. it took me 6 weeks to lose it again
    best of luck to you on keeping it off this year thats half the battle

3little monkeys: one step at a time. lots of little goals i found easier than one big goal i set goals last year 2 kilo....then 3 kilos... then 4 kilo.... til i lost 10 kilo....... we wont talk about the 2 i gained over christmas ????? lol. just keep going and if you have a set back just dont look back and keep moving forward. good luck

AFM: well last year i lost 8 kilo ..... was 10 but christmas found 2 kilo

this year i just wanna lose 7 kilo.... ive set 1st goal lose 2 kilo then 2nd goal lose 5 kilo....... i want lose this by end June then my goal is to keep it off til christmas and reasses if i want lose more then

chat soon

Jan 2007

I have Jillian Michaels Body Revolution that I am starting today - yippppeeee - skipping over the 7 day boost your metabolism because it's 2 workouts a day and I am about to move house so I don't think it's going to happen but starting at week 1! Also day 2 of no crap/chocolate and feeling the withdrawals - headachy, fuzzy headed etc..... I know it will pass but the first 3 days are awful!

Hope you are all doing well!

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

JBM - I think your diet is interfering with your reading of my name

Good luck everyone !!

Oct 2004

JBM: Excellent lose last year! Hope that 2kg gain goes quickly for you.

Tanstar: I think moving will good excercise for you

Peanutter: Name change time??

AFM: Started off well today, but lunch was a bit iffy, got a nice kebab. Town is very limited with lunches. Feeling pretty stuffed still, so will only have a light dinner. No exercise in this heat sadly.

Jan 2008
    Brissy

JBM - I think your diet is interfering with your reading of my name

Good luck everyone !!
    LOL...... pea nutter ........ well maybe i was hungry when i did this ??!

btw: ive lost 1 kilo of the christmas gain !!!

... 89101112 ...