Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Wow Sterla, that's amazing. Well done!

Awesome Sterla!

AFM: Just going along here. Off to Zumba tonight. Was hoping to get in more exercise during the week, but it was just not happening. At night I have time, but not really the opportunity. Can't work out on the Wii if DH is watching tv.

I've always wanted to try zumba! What's it like?

Have had a slight cold here, so just going for a walk today.

Default Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Sterla, I've said it before but I'll say it again, you were my inspiration to finally DO IT and get fit and healthy and lose weight. Seriously. Seeing how you were then and how you are now, phwoar. You made me realise that it's possible. It's not just something someone else can achieve, but is beyond me...*I* can do that too, why the hell not!? And now I am, I've lost 11.7kg from my pre-pregnancy weight, and 20.3kg from the day I gave birth in the last 11 weeks. So thankyou for being my inspiration

Oh thank you so much PZ! I'm glad I've inspired you!!! And you have done amazingly, and you look amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterla View Post
    I've always wanted to try zumba! What's it like?

Have had a slight cold here, so just going for a walk today.
    Pretty good so far. Very dependent on the music. I find I enjoy the more disco tunes, than the more traditional Zumba tunes. Really just a matter of familiarity. Was talking to the instructor today about it and she agrees. It can be hard to get into the really Latin songs as we have not grown up with that music, so the movements do not come as naturally to us.
    I need to practice some of the steps, as once the steps come naturally is easier to put a bit more oomph into the moves.

Never thought I would say it, but I love exercising on the power gym! And I am getting results too.

What is the Power Gym?

I bought a pilates power gym like on TVSN. It was expensive but I love it! It is far more gentle than other forms of exercise, yet you really do get a total workout, it makes your heart rate increase and works the muscles.
    I have lost about 5 cm off my belly and 3 off my thighs in just over 2 weeks (also 2kg). I have been amazed at how much strength I've developed in a short period of time - I've been using it practically every day, sometimes only 20 minutes, sometimes 30 or 40. From day one, where some exercises were sooo hard to today, I notice a real change, strength and flexibility wise.

What is the Power Gym?
    Pretty sure it's like a Pilates home gym babe? Ausgirl has posted about it before from memory and I can sort of remember!!!

I am not beating myself up until DH gets home on the 8th about weight and food etc. I holding steady right now but not much exercise and food is meh. Was being good today then baked for the kids snacks for school this week and ate TWO white choc and blueberry muffins - not sure why I couldn't just have one Frustrating myself. They are around 200 calories too once I worked them out - I thought there were a bit healthier than that Anyway once he gets back I am going to refocus, not beat myself up for just making do (am SO tired, I think teh 18 days he has been away so far is taking it's toll!) and then move on. Hopefully my anxiety will pass once he gets back too

ETA: Snap Ausgirl - was too busy chowing down on my muffin to hit post

Sounds like a good plan Tanstar .Glad you're holding steady in the meantime. Those last 5kg are really so hard to shift - you have to be so good all the time!

That sounds great ausgirl!

I am going in a women's 5km run tomorrow, at 1pm in 27 degree weather... Not sure how I'm going to go, I'm used to running in the early morning when it's nice and cool!

Hi girls, about to start losing some kg's after stacking them on before and during pregnancy.

I am starting at 102kg!

It's my 30th in June so I've got a goal to get to.

Any tips on how to start?

I have a treadmill which is a big help.

Hi girls, about to start losing some kg's after stacking them on before and during pregnancy.

I am starting at 102kg!

It's my 30th in June so I've got a goal to get to.

Any tips on how to start?

I have a treadmill which is a big help.

Hi there!

I'd suggest five things:-

1. Write down your goals - short (4 weeks) medium (by your birthday) and long (by the end of the year) - consider specific goals (weight / dress size / can do certain length or kind of activity) and general goals (feeling better, clearer skin, more energy). When you take your measurements and weigh yourself etc, try not to do it more than once a week.

2. Do a hard nosed cull of your fridge and pantry, and THROW OUT junk, and commit that you WILL NOT buy more crap like that. Don't give yourself a window to eat it in, or justify that it will come in handy down the track - piff it.

3. Start exercising everyday. Even if it's 15 minutes on the treaddy while dinner is cooking, or 30 minutes while you watch a favourite program. Every day. EVERYDAY.

4. Download MyFitnessPal or something similar on your phone, and use it honestly and completely. Do a bit of researching to figure out what your daily goal will be (you'll probably be aiming for 1200-1400 calories a day) and stick to it, man.

5. Plan your meals a week in advance, and then shop to those meals - don't buy anything else. Just what you and the family will need for your planned meals. And stick to it.

Good luck!

Default Re: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

This thread is continued here.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213