Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Hi everyone

I went to the markets this morning and stocked up on fresh fruit and vegies, then went to the butcher for meat. So I'm prepared and ready for my Whole 30 to start tomorrow.

Weigh in today also - lost 500g this week. Not great, but its a loss. DH worked out my body fat percentage, and its only 1% off being within the normal range (of course its a the top of the normal range, but still - normal!) So I thought that was pretty cool

Best be off the computer to keep preparing things for tomorrow!

Hi all!

I am really proud to say I am doing very well at the moment! I don't know weights or measurements, since I promised myself I would weigh or measure for a month, just focus on the food and exercise side of things, not if I'm losing weight or CM's. I definately feel better, I think I look like I have lost a little weight (to myself anyway!). My pants feel a little less snug, and I feel better in myself generally, which is always a good thing! It feels really good not to be struggling with it all.

Tan, I hope you're feeling better today. Yay for the kilo gone and getting more toned and fit!

MNB, yay for almost being in you healthy range for fat percentage! How do you figure that out? some sort of horrifically difficult equation no doubt! Maths was never my forte!

LOL maths isn't my thing either - he found a health program thingy (very technical) online and entered in all our stats (weight, height, gender, age, ALL measurements) and it works it out for you.

Hi ladiess. Well I did it, joined WW so i'm finally motivated to do this!!!

I've got 10kg to move & then reassess how I look/feel as to whether I need to drop a few more.

I'm going to the beach for a holiday end of Jan so I want to be able to wear bathers/shorts & dresses and be happy with how I look/feel.

I CAN DO IT!!!!

YES you CAN!!
    Well done chick. The hardest one is the first step.

Another kilo down today! Have had a bit of a dark choccie binge this weekend though
    Today instead of dragging all three out for a walk I did a bit of a circuit out the back. Walking around the yard to warm up (I know - what a dork) then 30sec leg intervals for 3, then walking a minute, then arms for 3 mins then repeat. I used DD2 in place of a medicine ball lol. She's about as heavy as the one I use at the gym (6kgs). She thought it was hilarious and was happy enough to sit in the pram for a couple of minutes at a time, and the other other kids joined in and did their own thing sporadically. Will be great when the days are a bit longer since the gym creche is right when DD2 has a sleep and I'd rather it be in her bed.
    Have been getting DD1 to practice her gymnastics and am having to do it with her - man I thought I was flexible - WRONG! I can do a mean cart wheel though

Liviam, hi and welcome! I am an advocate for WW. I think their programme is both realistic and achievable. I lost 10kg with them about 10yrs ago (pre kids!). If I could afford it now, I would do it. That is the only bad thing about it, the price!

Kim, it sounds like you're doing well!You must be terribly motivated to get outside and exercise in the yard. I have been going out the the local oval with some friends, which has been really motivating, having friends to keep me accountable and call me when I forget we were going to exercise at all (which happened on Sunday morning!) LOL, funny you mention cart wheels, I was trying to do some with DD the other day, as well as a somersault and it was so ridiculously impossible it was hilarious! Just some more motivations for me to lose this weight.

Another great day for me. My body is aching and I feel great for it! It has been way too long since my body felt like I had used it well, physically. My friends and I will be going back out and doing some more intervals and circuit tomorrow at the oval, and I look forward to it!

I take my hat off to you girls doing the paleo challenge. No way could I be that strict. There is so much beautiful food out there....lol that's why I'm here I guess.

Nah Kell, not that motivated, but I do love that strong feeling, and well, you know how it feels to be a shift workers wife ...except he's never here lol. DS has been doing the stop and tantrum thing too on a walk and it slows me down - and gets rid of the feeling I love when I've got a good stride up.

Today a GF and I took our 6 kids to the botanic gardens for arvo tea (and to wear DS out as we have {gasp} gotten rid of the dummy) and they wanted to walk 'up the hill'.
    Ha! It wasn't a hill, it was a hike! Up a mountain! Trying to keep up with 5 mountain goats so they didn't fall off the edge lol.
    Bit sore tonight But we're going to do it more often.

I'm another doing the paleo challenge. I felt so good yesterday, and now I've woken up today with the shakes. All the crap leaving my body I guess - I hope it passes soon!

Apart from feeling a bit off this morning, I'm actually really enjoying this paleo challenge. I like thinking outside the box with what food to eat. I find I am thinking about food differently, and excited about trying new things. It's funny, went into it not really committed in my head, but now that I've started I really want to give it a good go. Bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning .

Oh, and I did a sneaky paleo challenge start weigh in this morning - I was 69.8kg, finally in the 60s!

Great news Sterla! Where do you find the Paleo challenge?

kel - great news! Yoay!

Kim - I love hiking, just don't get Yeh time these days.

sent from the Hellmouth.

Kazbah, just google the Whole 30

Hope everyone is well.

I haven't been in the right frame of mind to exercise, but its a new day so hoping to start finding the time in a few days or so & get into a routine with baby & I.

Does anyone baby wear while walking around the block? Id imagine it probably helps to move some kgs and build some core strength. Something I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    Great news Sterla! Where do you find the Paleo challenge?
    If you go to the whole9life - that will give you the details there.

I'm with Sterla on this one - I love thinking of other things to have!! Plus, I'm actually enjoying making all our food from scratch, and if I'm hungry, I can just snack on stuff in the fridge - fresh fruit and vegie sticks, or meat that I cooked last night, and there is no calorie counting and no guilt attached to it!

Plus, I'm only eating when I'm hungry. Its 11.15am and I haven't eaten since breakfast, last week I would have had a couple of things already to eat, muesli bar etc - because it had turned 10am and it was morning tea time.

Now I'm making a real effort to listen to my body and only eat when hungry. Getting a bit peckish now, so its protein ball time! And lemon ball time! MMM. Lemon balls.

Purple pixie - I baby wear sometimes, but I prefer to not do it when out exercising, if I do it too long my lower back plays up. Leftover problems from having SPD during my pregnancies.

Everyone sounds like they are going awesome!!!
    Last edited by LionsandBears; August 21st, 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Removing dot com reference as per guidelines

Yep, done it with all of mine. I wear them hiking even. far easier

Still so deflated regarding my weight. I keep failing to lose it (and keep gaining it!) So I'm pretty sure its my antidepressant :-( that and the fact its been terrible weather to walk DD in.

Loosing motivation.

I think a trip to the doctors is in order.

PP how are you going hun? ADs can be terrible for weight fluctuations. Can I offer a non critical suggestion? When my illness was at it's worst, so was my diet. I found that if I paid attention to the quality of my diet, rather than the quantity and the numbers on the scale, then my illness was improved. Lots of magnesium, zinc and B vitamins. When I tackled that, it made the other mountains less.

AFM I only lost 100gm this week. Did have a complete binge when DH came home on Saturday night though and weigh-in is Sundays. So Saturday I took the girls hiking. Put DD2 on my back for the first time - she loved it! Yesterday DH and I got 4 cubic metres of top soil (read sand because we live in the desert) delivered and so I burned A LOT of calories shovelling that....I am soooo sore today.
    I did lose about a cm all round too.
    Finding the diet reasonably easy to stick to which is good, and yesterday I wore a pair of pre-DD1 shorts, so obviously something is working.

How are you all doing?

Good morning everyone!

So, I am entering my second week on the Whole30 challenge and so far so good. I feel great - no bloating, high energy levels, and I have lost 2kg . That puts me at just under 68kg which means I am now no longer considered overweight according to my BMI (however accurate that is). I am so close to my first goal of 65kg! I am also squeezing into size 12 jeans again, just! I am so close to the end of weight loss journey I can taste it, lol. Not that it will ever really end as such - it will be an ongoing thing to keep myself in check and make sure I don't ever put all that weight on ever again!

I am still running a few times a week, and am getting considerably faster times. Bring on the Burnie Ten... I wonder if I can manage it in under an hour?...

Less than a week till the 12wbt starts. I can't wait!

I'm exercising daily, even twice daily some days. Discovered that my walk home burns 280cals.

If I wasn't doing the 12wbt I'd be doing the 30 day paelo challenge (which I might keep up my sleeve for after the 12wbt finishes in late Nov).

Hi Kim. Yes, I've noticed that my diet has been rather bad especially when I'm feeling down. My doctor and I have discussed it and I'm coming off the medication. Possibly to go on a new one.

I've lost 500grams this week. So fingers crossed I can maintain that rate.

How is everybody going?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast