... 23456 ...

thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

500gm is great pp!

Wow Sterla, that is awesome! You are looking fantastic.

Sopdet do you find once you get into the habit it's easier....not such a chore? I def have.

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

I know you weren't asking me, lol, but I definitely find it easier now the habit to exercise has been formed. It feels strange not to exercise now .

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

Sopdet do you find once you get into the habit it's easier....not such a chore? I def have.
    Yep, I feel bleuch when I don't get to exercise every day, even 15 mins is enough first thing in the morning to put me in the right headspace for the day. I find that with no exercise in the mornings, I get grumpy and don't eat.

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Now the weather seems to be a little nicer i'm planning the walk with DD2 and the dog while DD1 is at kinder AND if DP gets home early enough at night am going to take our girl for a walk of an arvo when he gets home... it's all hills around our place and no walking paths so a high vis jacket and the dog will be my protection..

Eating is going ok, not perfect but i'm working on it.

Little steps

Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)

Pp which AD?
    I found my birthcontrol the culprit.

sent from the Hellmouth.

Oct 2010
    Baldivis, WA

Pp which AD?
    I found my birthcontrol the culprit.

sent from the Hellmouth.
    Kazbah, I was taking lexapro. And not on birth control ;-)

Jan 2008
    Brissy

i have not posted on here for such a LONG time...none of you prob know who i am .....lol...

i have been just plodding along...lost 6 kilos now since jan 2012.. and gone down 2 sizes in my clothes still gotta lose about 4 kilo to get to my next goal .... i havnt been to the gym once.... but just eating fairly good food and walking most days..

good luck to all

Feb 2006
    NSW Central Coast

I'm still feeling like death warmed up, and the kids are all still sick too. We will be going to the doctors today, so will hopefully be on the road to a proper and speedy recovery with some medication....

We have also been away visiting my family in Sydney which is always a junk fest, with travelling for so long (9 hour drive) and just being able to get takeaway which we can't at home (we live in a rural town with no take away places). I did have great resolve when we started out, an did well the first day we left, but then I got really sick at mums, and all the kids got sick and it was all too hard! We are home now, so no more easy junk foods. Although DH just said he's getting some hot chips for himself for lunch

Whilst I haven't been eating a lot since being sick, I have had all of the wrong things for the convenience of it. Today I will make some pumpkin soup. I've also had some lemon ginger and honey tea which was SO good. I haven't braved the scales yet for s while now, I banned myself from them for a month last month, and haven't gotten on since! Nor have I measured myself. So I am really not looking forward to doing any of that!

Sorry for lack of persies, not feeling up to it!

Jan 2007

These germs are awful 3LM HOpe you are all feeeling better soon! Dont' stress about your time away, all done and dusted now so you can get back on it! xoxo Don't weigh in or measure for 2 weeks -that is an order

JBM - Congrats on losing 6 kgs hun that is awesome!!

To Sopdet, Kaz, Sterla, Belfie where are yoooouuuu???

I totally agree that the days I don't do anything I feel way worse and it's simply a habit now - never thought I would be as addicted as I am if I don't get out for a run!!!

I have lost another 500grams so down 2.5kgs all up but still have 5 to go - at the rate I am going it will take another year I know what I need to do but what do I go and do - have toast for brekky - which is fine if I dont have carbs for lunch but sometimes I still do - going to get some eggs because we won't get to the market til Sunday and I want them for lunch today and will just keep plodding away. Body has definitely changed with all this exercise - my legs have SHAPE!!!! Just need to lose the wobbles and ripply cellulite Has anyone done Crossfit classes - are they ok for low fitness? I am fit cardio wise but not strength?

Have a great day all!! xoxox Some small.jpgmotivation for today!

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gearing up for the 12wbt.

Going to stand on the scales officially tomorrow morning before training & also do my measurements.

Jan 2007

Yay hun so exciting!!!! I've decided not to do it because really if I was totally commited I would do the WIU plan or the CSIRO one I have but I haven't and might use the $200 to get a better cross trainer for myself! DH is going to join a 24 hour gym so I figure I can spend more on a x trainer seeing as I use it alot and the one I have is a $30 POS!!!

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

I want to join a gym but will wait until after Hawaii as I would rather spent that money the holiday. If I had the space I'd get equipment for home. Maybe next year when I move I will.

Mar 2006

Well girls I'm off to weigh in and again tomorrow. I have been trying really good with my diet this week (or I think I have). I did save up my points so I could have a cruiser tonight with DH.
    I am hoping to be able to introduce exercise next week.
    Good on you Tan for buying a cross trainer. Your weight loss is great - slow and steady wins the race.

Oct 2010
    Baldivis, WA

Good luck liviam

Jan 2007

Good luck Dan!! How are you finding the point system?? I found it great and easy to use on my phone too! xoxo

Went for a 5 km run today and did it in 35 mins - record for me! Yay!! Wish I had more time or I would have gone for longer but DH had to go out! Still aiming for the 10 km run in October - eeeps!

Friends for dinner tonight, going to attempt to be good but we always drink and eat heaps so I don't like my chances but oh well you only live once and I will try and stay away from carbs as much as I can and stick to vodka and soda!

Nov 2008
    Melbourne

Hi girls, thought I'd join you in here I've just finished the 12wbt and I am down to 87.6 from a starting weight of 95. Feeling pretty good, but still struggling with the exercising habit. I feel good when I do it, but find it really easy to make excuses. We're going on holidays on Wednesday to the Gold Coast so I am hoping the warmer weather will encourage the exercise and I'll have a good time at it while away. Still trying to stick to the 1200 cals a day as I've still got about 12 kilos to loose for my first goal. 75kgs here I come

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

I have to do my weigh-in and measurements for the 12wbt tomorrow. Am in the process of finishing up my cooking for the week (beef stew & cajun fish stew done, pumpkin & garlic soup still to be done). Have all my groceries bought & will spent tomorrow making up lunchboxes with snacks etc, so all I have to do is put the leftovers in there each night & put back in the fridge ready to go in the mornings.

melbournemumma - I find that if I exercise first thing in the morning, before my brain works out what I'm doing, it is better and I feel in a better headspace for the day.

Oct 2010
    Baldivis, WA

I start a programme called body trim on Monday. I have approximately 25 kilos to lose. My goal is the end of January.

... 23456 ...