... 7891011 ...

thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #12

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

I've lost 34cm off my body in 4 weeks. 16 of those were on my waist. Yet I've only lost 4.3kgs.

Sep 2012

Hi I'm a new member & was wondering if I could join this thread. I'm 8 months postpartum & want to lose 20 or so kilos to get to my goal weight. I have been exercising like crazy & trying to curb sugar cravings. How do u all crave them?

Jan 2007

Welcome jaqus! I am probably not the best for curbing cravings coz I give in and eat chocolate all too often but I also try and find healthier options for when I do want something, like a Jarrah chocolatte (although I don't have sweeteners other than Natvia now) or good quality dark chocolate, nuts and dried fruit instead.

Doing ok here, still plateued but still can't run so feeling pretty frustrated - am packing today and lifting lots of boxes and hopefully get a walk in before I have to go and get kids.

Hope everyone else is cruising along well! xoxo

Jul 2009
    Australia

Hi i'm LMS and i need to lose a whopping 30kgs to get to whats considering a 'healthy' weight for my height.

I've got an insulin resistance which i always use as an excuse as to why i'm overweight but recently learnt my levels have dropped dramatically and the weightloss can begin (finally!!)

I want to reach my goal weight by my 25th birthday (december next year) so it will be a slow process which i hope will make it easy to do.

I'm after some handy tips and advice on the best way to approach this goal. So far i plan on using my exercise bike and walking around my suburb as well as cutting out the junk and high sugar foods and carbs.

TIA

May 2006
    Igglepiggle Land

Sopdet - That is an amazing loss of cm's!!! AWESOME work indeed

I love it...It's the 1st of October. The festive period is right around the corner - as are photo opportunities, catching up with long lost friends / family and we have just under 12 weeks to get ready for it!

Seems like you ladies are doing all the right things to achieve your goals which I find totally inspirational!!

Just wanted to share how awesome I think you all are for caring about your health and fitness
    x

Oct 2010
    Baldivis, WA

Hi ladies.

Back on the weight loss wagon for me!

Partly because I've continued to spike over the 90 kilo mark. And partly because my IBS has majorly flared up due to me eating the wrong types of foods. Gosh, it's painful!

So going to try to cut my sugar intake down, try to exercise more, and drinking more water. Then I can focus on a few other things soon enough.

I find the diets I've been on in the past, have actually failed because I haven't cut habits out gradually. It's all been cut out so fast hence my reason for failure. I'm going to do it right this time. For myself and my daughter.

How is everyone going with weight loss goals?

My friend suggested a hypno lap band CD, it's hypnosis that helps reduce weight gain. It was only 20 on Ebay, so I got it. If it doesn't work, I haven't lost hundreds at least haha!

Jan 2010
    Shoe Heaven

I just saw myself in the mirror, naked, for the first time in ages and I actually looked (I am the queen of getting dried & dressed without looking at myself & I have full length mirrors in the bedroom). You know that horrible flabby bit of belly that just hangs down, well mine is getting smaller and I can now see if I need a brazillian without having to grab flab and move it out the way

Wow it is starting to sink in that I'm losing weight & getting thinner.

Mar 2006

Sopdet that is absolutley awesome!!! Well done chick!!!

Tan - so frustrating that you can't run. Packing will sure get your heart going. As they say a walk is better than sitting on your ass doing nothing (like me :/ ). You'll get there hun. Are you having heaps of variety in your diet?

LMS - Cutting out junk/fatty foods is awesome. Portion control is also important but please please please don't cut out carbs. Your body needs them. You just need to watch your portions.

I had a small gain two weeks ago of 200gm and then I had a bad weekend with a wedding and travelling heaps in cars. I have gotten slack for some reason. I always seem to self sabotage. I start seeing the scales go down and then decide to sabotage myself. I am determined to get back on track - I can do it!!!! No idea what my weight is doing but will have to wait until weigh in on Sat at WW.

I really need to start introducing exercise because although the scales are going down my body shape really isn't changing so I guess it's the exercise that will help with that.

Does anyone else get upset that no-one notices their weight loss? I've loss over 7kg and no-one comments. But put on a few grams and everyone notices.

How is everyone else travelling?

Jun 2012
    South Australia

Red face starting today.... NO going back this time!!!!!!!!!

hi all,

last year i was eating healthy/dieting (w/e you want to call it) for months. and i ended up losing about 15KGs and got down to my lowest yet.. 99KGS!!! but as you all know.. winter creeps up.. you slowly start dwindling off.. and before you know it you're back to eating take out every second night etc.

WELL NO MORE!!!!!!! today DF and i are changing!!!!! new start, to a new and better healthy lifestyle. we will be calorie counting + a rapid loss shake which has worked previously.

we weighed ourselves this morning and we got a HUGE shock.. i think i nearly cried i was so shocked. we still can't believe it...

i will update our weekly weigh ins here, might even comment on how my day's going!

so here goes.....

Me: Week 1 -
    Weight: 111.5 KGs
    Goal: 80 KGs

Meal Plan:

Breakfast: Rapid Loss Shake (milk) 220 calories OR 1x boiled egg with 2 slices of toast 207 calories OR 3 weetbix with 250ML lite milk 250 calories
    Snack: 1x Sweet chilli tuna + 5 low fat jatz 229 calories
    Lunch: Subway 6 inch chicken teriyaki (lettuce, onion, olives, old english cheese, sweet onion sauce) 385 calories
    Snack: 1x Fruit EG: apple, banana, mango, pear, grapes 100 calories
    Dinner: Subway 6 inch chicken teriyaki (lettuce, onion, olives, old english cheese, sweet onion sauce) 385 calories
    Snack: Yoplait forme yoghurt 67 calories

TOTAL CALORIES: 1,386

DF: Week 1 -
    Weight: 97 KGs
    Goal: 85 KGs

Meal Plan:

Breakfast: Rapid Loss Shake (milk) 220 calories OR 1x boiled egg with 2 slices of toast 207 calories OR 3 weetbix with 250ML lite milk 250 calories
    Snack: 1x Mayonnaise tuna + 5 low fat jatz 256 calories OR 1x Sweet chilli tuna + 5 low fat jatz 229 calories
    Lunch: Subway 6 inch chicken teriyaki (lettuce, onion, olives, old english cheese, sweet onion sauce) 385 calories
    Snack: 1x Fruit EG: apple, banana, mango, pear, grapes 100 calories
    Dinner: Subway 6 inch chicken teriyaki (lettuce, onion, olives, old english cheese, sweet onion sauce) 385 calories
    Snack: 1x Mayonnaise tuna + 5 low fat jatz 256 calories OR 1x Sweet chilli tuna + 5 low fat jatz 229 calories

TOTAL CALORIES: 1,550

Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria

good luck!

Mar 2008
    Where dreams are now reality

Best of luck M&D2B!! Wishing you every success

Jun 2012
    South Australia

thanks hoti & Lily!!! going to head to subway for lunch soon! feeling OK. little bit of a headache, have had 600ML of water already, which reminds me i must go fill it up!

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Good luck, i am geeting back on the wagon too after a bit of a shock on the scales this morning.
    Am giving up on the calorie counting but i am making an effort to eat better, lots of water, less sugar and more importantly is fitting in some exercise.
    Now it's warming up i'm hoping HotI and I can fit in some walks while DD1 is at kinder also hoping if DP starts getting home early enough i might leave him with the kids and take our dog for a walk on the horrible horrible hills near my place or along the creek past the neighbors property.

Apr 2008
    Melbourne

You can do it!!

Mar 2006

Good luck!

Feb 2006
    NSW Central Coast

Good luck M&D2b! I know the feeling of being up and down with weight loss. I have started again today too. I have about 35kg to lose so it really is a matter of getting healthy, not just losing a little weight.

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

That will be great for you and your DF! Eating healthy and Exercise are a great stress reliever and it helped me to cheer up.

You will feel better on the inside, outside and emotionally!

Good luck and may you both have a very successful journey!

Jun 2012
    South Australia

hi ladies!! i wasn't expecting many replies! woohoo thanks for all your positive feedback. i feel accountable now that i know some of you will be reading! .

i wish you ladies lived in adelaide ! we could all be weight loss buddies. i do have a weight loss buddy who lives in NSW though, we chat on facebook everyday about our struggles, she has lost 30KG so far, she's such an inspiration! we could maybe create a weight loss BB group on facebook??

so i'm feeling really great, i do feel like i have more energy today (even though it's only my first day ) i felt full after a 6 inch for lunch, which is so good for me! my next snack is at 3.30 mmm apple . i have only drank 700ML of water.. gotta get drinking!!

we're borrowing DF's parents treadmill and we'll buy 1, so we're going to set up 2 treadmills in the lounge room and work out together.. get this.. DF wants to "mount" a laptop on his treadmill so he doesn't get bored.... oh my golly gosh!!!

... 7891011 ...