Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #13

Default Diet and Weight Loss General Support #13

Welcome to the Weight Loss Support thread.

Please remember this is for weight loss, any other general chatter may be removed at the moderators discretion.

Good luck to you all with achieving your goals.

Your previous thread can be found here.

Default Re: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #13

I'm joining up on this new thread... I've been around before but heading back for some support... I need to reduce my weight by another 17kgs to get to my dream weigh.... it seems so far away but I do know that in the last two months I have put in NO effort and therefore not made a difference in my journey... I think I'm afraid to succeed :/ because getting to my dream weight means TTC which means my other dreams might not come true.... I have to get over this and I though with support from others on a weight loss journey might be just what I need.

Hi,

I might jump in here too if that's ok? Had a baby nearly 11 weeks ago, and only really started trying to shed the baby weight 2 weeks ago... So annoyed at myself for waiting this long, I wanted to be at my goal weight before starting back at work, but I don't think that's possible anymore

I have 7.5 kgs to get to pre-preg weight, but 22.5 to get to my goal (I went a bit food crazy just before ttc- I figured I was going to get fat anyway, so what the hell) lol

I have just had my first Easter without eating chocolate! Woohoo! Started to feel like a bit of a binge half an hour ago and headed for the kitchen, but saw this thread on the way & thought joining in was more productive than eating, so here I am

I need to be in here.
    I only have 5-6 kgs to lose, but that is after I lost 30kg after DD2 was born. I was doing so well until 12 months ago, when i just stopped bothering about what i put in my mouth. As a result 6kgs went back on and my clothes don't fit. It's cheaper for me to pay attention to what I eat, rather than buying new clothes, plus I have the added motivation of being the Matron of Honor in 4 months and going interstate by myself with a bunch of under 30's for a hen's weekend.

I've started and bombed for several attempts, but this week it seems easier. I am using MFP again and have myself a fitbit zip. I have also signed up to the Healthy Mummy Belly buster Challenge, though not sure i'll continue with that. I used their plans to lose my 30kgs and though they were awesome, but now they recommend 1.5hrs exercise a day! I have a 2yo to entertain, and I don't want to sign up to the gym again. So just doing what I can by walking to and from school and a bit of weights stuff after they are in bed. Really need to go back to jogging but my littlest destructo totally broke her pram the other day, so a bit limited ATM .

I am still yoyoing, lose 8-10, then gain it back over the year.

Like you Kim, much cheaper to maintain, than buy new clothes. Have bought some nice, but fitted clothing, that I can just not wear.

Just undecided as to what to do. I know what to do, just applying it is my issue. I have access to enough meal plans, I have dvd's and weights for excercise. I am just procrastinating

That is me exactly.

hello again :waves: I just want to lose about 19kg to be at my dream weight, but i'll be happy with 5kg before the end of the year. I just am stuck and can't drop down off this weight.

i have low motivation. and self-loathing. yay!

I need to jump in here too!
    I have a fair bit I need to lose, but need some accountability and accepting it's ok for me to take time out to do it.

I have been walking when DS1 is in daycare but it's just not enough, so I heading back to the gym - getting a 3month membership so I can get myself going!

I was starting to think this thread was dead. Lol.

Have had a few binge episodes since this thread... Eughh...

So no weight loss for the week

I'm just writing up a grocery list & meal plan atm- will have to wait until next week to shop though, my workplace forgot to pay me (PPL) this week, and might not be able to fix it until next week. Bummer, we're running out of healthy food!!

Am joining in here too. I need to lose a minimum of 10 kilos but hopefully more like 15-20! Started Weight watchers on Weds, it has worked in the past for me so am really crossing my fingers it will work this time too. Am also heading out to but a Fitbit most probably today! Am all excited, bought myself some new exercise clothes, some new joggers and am now all good to go! I really need to lose the weight.

For me the weight has just steadily crept on in the past 2 years. We went on a 4 week camper trip around NZ 2 years ago and I can see the difference in the photos at the beginning of the trip and the end and I havent been able to lose it since.

Hi all! I need to jump in here too. I have about 30kg to lose to be at my estimated goal weight. I lost 15kg and have started putting it back on again. I go through phases of losing but then something stops me (injury, allergies/breathing issues, money, extra work shifts, moving house, etc) and then I just fall off the wagon and don't get back on I swore I'd never get back over 100, and here I am, just over 100 again
    I can't do much on the exercise front at the moment because I have a broken bone in my foot and I'm on a walking boot, so that limits things hugely. Before that I was doing 6.5km every day on the treadmill and burning about 850cal! I'd lost about 3.5kg in 1.5 weeks then had to stop because of my foot. *sigh*

I really need to get my dieting on course. I self-loath, and comfort eat so not a good combination. It's hard. I want to eat well but then I look at myself and think why bother..
    I'm doing the soup diet starting today just to give myself a bit of a kick and try to lose some initial weight and I'll feel better by seeing some results and will stick more to the healthy eating (I hope)

How is everyone going?

This thread is a bit quiet... Lol.

How often is everyone weighing/measuring (if at all)? Anyone want to do a weekly weigh in on here for extra motivation? Let me know and I can draw something up

I have had a rough week with DH bringing home things like Camembert & crackers, blocks of chocolate & my fave ice-cream- choc, honey & nougat! Drool..
    So this week I have eaten a block of 70% dark chocolate & a small bowl of ice cream... Apart from that everything else has been on track

Weekly for me...well that's when I record lol. There's usually a few weighing extra throughout the week. I do Sundays, but I was so cross last Sunday that I have avoided this thread. I was meticulous with the food I ate all week and I cracked out quite a few serious workouts....put on half a kilo As a consequence I've just had my first choccie in a month.
    I am drinking enough water, hardly eat any bread, no soft drink but I just can't get the bloat to go. I have been doing my 10 000 steps per day and exercising almost every day. Guess I'm just not as young as I used to be lol and what they say about getting older and weight loss is true.
    I'm lucky in that sense Rose. My DH works away permanently so he is no longer bringing stuff home every night.

Hope I know that cycle well

Ang, how much does WW cost these days if you don't mind me asking? I used to do it online but then we went to one wage so had to stop.

Kim do you measure yourself too? I find even when I haven't lost weight, or even put some on (if I have had a good week of course) that I've lost cms. I have only lost 4 kgs since actually trying to lose weight, but have lost over 25cms. So while it doesn't sound like much, it looks like a fair bit.
    It is so de-motivating when we don't see progress though, isn't it.

P.s. I'm a bit of a daily weigh-er... I know I shouldn't, but can't help it. Lol

All Right. I will join in too.
    Ideally I should lose 35 but will be happy with 25.

I will weigh in tonight. Hopefully I will not be too embarrassed to post it.

My clothes aren't fitting properly. I haven't been eating well. I have done two 3km walks in the last 3 months.

Goals this week- drink more water and walk at least once

I am a daily weigher - I did manage to lose 2 kilos by my scales this week, 1.5 by Weight watchers (cause I had thongs and clothes on) so am happy with that for my first week! WW cost me $183 for 3 months but the first month was half price.

Got my pedometer - I ended up buying a Garmin Vivofit which is like a Fitbit but has the screen on the band. I love it. My steps aren't quite up to the 10,000 yet but I am beating each previous day so far!

Thanks Ang. Gosh it's hard with those pedometers insn't it, to know which is best for you? I researched for ages. I know Divvy has one she loves too. Ultimately I decided I didn't want to know how much sleep I was(n't) getting.

Welcome Div. Don't post it if you don't want to. Just join in.

Rose, yes i have started measurements this time around and yep, you're right. There was quite a few missing.

Well it's taken me a month to come back here. I got to over 105 before deciding to pull my finger out.

I've done three 3km walks this week and eaten better. Not good, but better.

And it's 1kg down. 104.5 this morning.

Goal is under 100 by the end of the month

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast