Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #13

Default Re: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #13

I'm guessing this was bumped by a spam which has since been removed, but I should probably join in anyway ...

I'm really not behaving with my eating or my moving or my water intake or ... well, anything I suspect.

My clothes are starting to tell me so as well ...

I need some motivation, and I need some accountability ...

Anyone else in the same boat ATM?

Yes me.

We should walk at lunchtime.

Yes me. I am being OK with exercise, but I always find the food part hard.

Everytime I come up with an idea to improve things, I come up with objections ...

Food should be the easiest part (yes, being hungry sucks, to 2-4 weeks in, my mind realises that it's actually not hungry, I just *want* more food ...) but exercise is harder.

Exercising before work means I don't necessarily get a park at the station, and I get there a lot later than I like. Walking at lunch means that I actually take a break for lunch (which I often don't) and I might get seen by a client all hot and sweaty in my runners, and then I might be sticky and gross all afternoon ... or I take a shower - which means an even longer break, or a shorter walk. After work - bahahaha. Either the gym is closed (and expensive, and waste of money) or it's dark and I don't feel safe solo or I'm tired.

Actually, I should find people who either want to exercise in town after hours (safety in numbers) or near home. There's a nice lake a 5-10 minute drive away and maybe I could start a walking group ... or maybe there already is one there? There probably is. It's a popular place.

Div - walking at lunch - do you get hot and sweaty? Do you change? Or is it about habit, rather than burning calories? Are you still jogging?

And I'm getting back into water. Onto my second glass today, which isn't much, but is a massive improvement. I was in a great routine with water, and I've just fallen out of it.

I also have an exercise bike, and absolutely no excuse not to use it in the evenings. Maybe I should come on here once a day to say how much water I've drunk, and what exercise I've done.

Does anyone have a fitbit or a jawbone?

Day 1 of behaving myself - did super well, except for when I didn't.

Will try harder tomorrow ...

How are others?

I think I am going to have to count calories. It is a pain, but it does me some confidence in how much I am or am not eating. Otherwise I tend to go with my gut instinct but if I think I am doing badly then I get down and eat more. I am having trouble deciding on how many calories a day. So I am going to start reasonably high, and see what happens and then adjust. I really don't want to drop too much and then find it either too hard to stick too, or have problems later with an adjusted metabolism. I am cycling to work 3 times a week (about 20 mins one way) and am doing weights 2-3 times a week (the same day that I cycle as my gym is at work). I also want to add in a yoga session as I find doing the weights gives me tension in the upper back and neck (like you would expect) but I am quite a headachy person so will get headaches from this and yoga often helps. Hoping to add in a walk once a week but not sure if it is realistic given my current workload. I think with my eating I have to be really careful about emotional eating. I have a pretty good base diet I think although I probably like bread too much. But I eat a lot of vegetables and a wide range of fresh foods. Its the naughty extras that I put on top to relax at the end of the night.

I have had a good run with My Fitness Pal. You can log all your food and track calories and exercise. I did it religiously for about 3 months and now just keep a tally in my head as I now know most of the foods I am eating. So far 21kg lost. My goal was 30kg by easter but I am not going to make it. However, I should be able to lose a few more kg by then and my new goal is 'healthy' weight range which is only 3-4kg away.

I am going to use Calorie King as I have used it before with success, but I won't go as low as they recommend as I think it is the reason why I put it all back on the last time. I am a smart phone free zone otherwise I would probably be tempted by my fitness pal with the app. But will just have to track online anyway.

No smart phone here either - I just logged on the pc as I went or remembered it for when I got home. But I don't work so it is easier for me - I imagine it would be hard to do when you are out of the house all day.

How many calories are you aiming for? Calorie King suggests for me around 1400 (after accounting for exercise) but I think it is too low.
    I am thinking of starting on 1800 a day that I dont exercise and 2000 on the days that I do. Its a bit experimental though. If I don't lose weight then I will have to drop it, and if I lose a lot in the first week I will probably bring it up a little.

MFP said 1200 per day. I find it reasonably do-able as long as I make healthy choices rather than eating crap and I usually do some exercise (walk or bike ride) in the evenings to compensate if I go over. I haven't done any calorie type diets before - I just blindly trusted what the computer said lol. Seems like my limit is pretty low though! However, it is working and when I get to goal weight it will go up to a maintenance level which should be easily achievable for me.

I am a bit worried about doing metabolic damage. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight (around 25 kgs) I was doing a lot of cardio (mostly soccer which burns through huge amounts of calories) and having a net intake (after accounting for exercise) of 1300 or so. But my body just adjusted to it and it got harder to keep it off, and then I finished up with soccer as I couldn't find a team when I moved. and here I am again! So my plan this time is to build some muscle mass which will allow me to burn more calories on a day to day basis, and hopefully still lose some fat. But I also want to do some cardio just for heart/lung health, and yoga for flexibility. Fingers crossed I see some results! I remember in BB we used to do Spring/Autumn challenges etc. I was wondering if I should start one up again. May help to keep me motivated.

When I got into the habit of using MFP for calorie counting it was very doable - particularly as I could set up meals and repeat the meals, and the 12WBT meals are all on the MFP app.

But I'm completely out of the habit - need to get back into it.

I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for a couple of months now.

Not really seeing significant results (lost about 5 kg) which is surprising, because I would have expected a sizeable early drop, and then a looooooooooooong plateau.

And it's not just that muscle is bulking up ...

Hanging in there, though.

I've been scheduled for the liposuction surgery for the very next week in Dr. Sliwin's clinic in Toronto and the surgeon has asked me to lose some weignht prior the surgery. Now I weigh approximately 142 lbs . Should I maintain my current weight or try to lose a few pounds? I have been trying to lose weight and I'm not sure how much weight is even possible for me to lose in a month. I don't think so, following any diet or going gym and doing workouts is gonna wprk for my body? Why am I so fat ? Everyone calls me fatsoo...

16. Default Re: Diet and Weight Loss General Support #13

Good to get stuck with fibe rich foods and grains and brisk walkings.

A gourment knows how well can healthy food be prepared

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12