Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight Loss Support #3

Default Diet & Weight Loss Support #3

Welcome to the Weight Loss Support thread.

Please remember this is for weight loss, any other general chit chat can be removed at the moderators discretion.

Goodluck to you all with achieving your goals.

Your previous thread can be found here

Hey everyone!!

WOW new thread!! Sorry I havent had time to read back on the last thread. My wedding is now 9 days away so things are getting hectic and going to the airport about a million times!

My morning weight this morning was 74.1kg. I cant believe it!! I am losing 1.3kg a week. I'm going to be down to my ideal weight in no time. I am taking a weeks break from the gym cause its getting a bit boring but I am still going to go to the classes in the evening.

Anyway, gotta run!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Congratulations Veronica!!!! I can't wait to see your wedding pics!!! You are going to look FABOLOUS!!!!!

Been going slow this week. Was 70kg on Sunday, but have not been down there the whole week. (70.4 this morning) But mind you, I am having the worst time with my tummy (TMI) I feel like a bloated corpse!!! Funny thing is that I have been eating Bran Flakes for breakfast for two weeks now and STILL not working. I don't want to use medication - someone have a tip of two for something more "natural" ??

Hello Everyone.

Well i have been keeping an eye on this thread and contemplating joining for a while.....been pg was my excuse but DD2 is now 3 wks old so its time i started on the road to my goal weight too.

Where to start?? Well when i fell pg with DD1 i was a wee 58kg (i am 174cm tall) i went up to 76kg whilst pg and only ever went back down to 68kg then i got pg with DD2 and went up to 82kg. Well as i said she is now 3 weeks old so i want to start on the road to been thinner, fitter and healthier again I am now sitting at a not huge but unhappy 74kg. People dont look at me and think i'm a big girl but i do when i look in the mirror. DH likes to mess around and joke about my size and weight from time to time too. He says he wouldnt say it if he meant it etc so i shouldnt get offended but i do iykwim. I am struggling to fit into lots of my pre preggy clothes but do not want to buy bigger ones. My mum is my inspiration to get fit again as she has jsut lost a whopping 25-30kg with diet and excersice and is looking and feeling better than i have ever seen her. My biggest problem will be will power as i am not very good at eating well. I really like my sweet naughty foods. I am not a fan of excerise either really but maybe that will change if i was fitter. I had a CS with DD2 so will not start up a proper excersise program until my 6 wk check up but i will be trying to walk and be more active until then. I am BFing also and am starving all the time which isnt helping.

So here's a summary-
    Weight- 74kg
    Height- 174cm
    Goal- 66kg, to be fitter, healthier and a better role model for my kids in this area!

Hoody I get what you saying about DH fooling around!! When I sit down, mine will poke my thighs and make a whale sound He thinks it's hilarious, I beg to differ.
    I am exactly your height and my goal is also 66kg!!!! I only have about 4.4kgs to go, but HELL they are stubborn!! I'll be keeping my eye on you

Hi there,

This is your professional support person speaking......and I'd like to join in if that's OK. Bit of a long post but it will give you my background.

I would like to be actively involved here, not just to help you and share my knowledge but perhaps to help myself as well. Never had the issue of post pregnancy weight gain (maybe 'cos I never got pregnant?) but I have battled weight issues all my life and even overcome bulimia which I had for 16 years until my early 30's. I stopped throwing up my food and got bigger and bigger ? I got to 90 kilos before I got serious about my health. I am only 159cm or 5'2" so I was rather large even though I carry it well.

I got down to 70 kilos which is heavy when you go by the silly height and weight charts but is fine for me ?cos I carry a lot of muscle - I was size 12. Actually, at 90 kilos I was only size 16 which the weight watchers lady couldn?t understand. When I got on the scale and it was 90 kilos, she looked at me, asked me to get off so she could calibrate the scale but I told her 90 kilos was right. I don?t think she had seen a 90 kilo size 16 person ? usually they would be size 20 plus. I have a friend who weighed 10 kilos less than me, was even taller than me and was a size bigger than me. She couldn?t get her head around the fact that muscle weighs a lot more than fat but takes up a lot less space??.the realty in life is ? it isn?t our weight, it is the size that counts.

When people ask me to help them lose weight, I have to change their mindset from weightloss to getting smaller. I ask them if it would be OK if I dropped them two dress sizes but their weight remained the same, or in one case, would it be OK to drop a dress size and gain 3 kilos??because it happens and they look fabulous!

Back to me??

Two years ago I had a c-section to remove a very large fibroid ? the size of large grapefruit. Didn?t worry abut it ? no cancer, menstrual cycle normal etc etc. Then a year layer, I have a polyp and mid month bleeding so thought that perhaps I should get myself checked out.

Being the kind of girl who prefers natural rather than medical, I found this excellent medical doctor who treats naturally and she did a lot of tests at great expense and discovered I have almost no hormones in my body. She really couldn't work it out because I am built like a woman (think Marilyn Monroe), the health symptoms I was experiencing was to do with oestrogen dominance and I have a totally regular, normal menstrual cycle........wierd.

Anyway, she put me on natural progesterone suddenly I was goingin an average of 1.5 kilos a month! At first I thought it was me. I had started a new job, maybe I wasn?t as active as I thought I was, maybe I was eating too much - pretty crappy getting larger all the time when I am a health practitioner and exercise instructor. So in October I wore a pedometer (was walking 11000 to 15 000 steps a day so I wasn't sitting on my butt), really monitored my eating, even did low carb for 10 days which usually quickstarts my program and drops 3 kilos in the 10 days - I only lost .5 kilo - then I knew something was not right and it wasn?t me??

So I went back and asked her if this progesterone treatment can make you gain weight and she said it can in some cases and sounds like I am one of those cases. I am now off the treatment and the weight is coming down again but I am going to have to work at it. I have the head callanetics trainer coming here next week to train myself and two other women and I feel so large!!! At least I am in good shape thanks to callanetics ? by butt may be big but it doesn?t wobble??

I have just returned from 4 weeks in Europe and only gained 1.5 kilos which is a record for me ? when I travel I love to eat and I have a few drinks which I don?t do when I am home as alcohol really stacks weight on for me. I went to Hong Kong once for 10 days and gained 3 kilos??and I don?t eat and drink heaps ? I am just talking a glass or two of wine with lunch and dinner and a bit of chocolate everyday and wham??3 kilos!!

That?s my story ? this is where I am at ? need to drop 15 kilos as that is what I have gained this year on hormone treatment. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and supporting you wonderful women and in doing so, support myself.

Default Nadine 216 - something more natural

You will have to be patient with me as I learn the acronyms. I don't know what TMI is. I presume you are talking about being constipated. How much water do you drink a day?

If you don't drink enough, eating all bran makes the problem worse by soaking up the little bit of water around and almost acting like cement.

I use inliven that Kelly has talked about - In-Liven - Why Our Members Are In-Love With Mivitality In-Liven! which is totally natural and helps the colon.

Pleased to meet you Tracey! TMI = too much information as far as I'm aware, but not sure what Nadine's using it for?

Tracey, you answered a Q I had earlier about endemologie, it's offered at my gym and I'm wondering if it would help the loose skin I have at all? I want to look gorgeous for my wedding in Feb!

Ngala - 9 days, wow! Good on you for continuing to lose weight this close to the wedding! And good on you for you continuing at the gym, that's wonderful.

Nadine - I find pear juice softens everything up so to speak!

Welcome to the thread Hoody and Tracey!

Hoody - Good luck with the weight loss. Are you breastfeeding DD2? I remember in the early weeks of my DD life I didnt think that BFing worked with the weight loss but now I am not too sure as I am losing 1.3kg a week, but I am exercising a lot. I think exercise is the key so maybe give it a go, if you dont like the gym I am sure that you can do some different sort of exercise. I dont remember who is was, but someone on here did a different sort of exercise... mind blank!

Tracey - Welcome! Its going to be great to have your input in here and good luck with your 15kg. Thats interesting that you were only a size 16 when you were 90kg but it is true that muscle weighs a lot more than fat. I got up to 96kg but I was pregnant at the time so its a little different, but I was a size 16 too...

I'm going to revisit my stats for those new people that have joined....

I was at my biggest when my DD was born on the 23rd of July 2007 (96kg) I think in 2 weeks I loss 10kg but that had to do with the belly going down and all the other stuff that happens after pregnancy. At the first weigh in for this thread on the 17th of September I was 84.5kg. On Sunday the 25th of November I reached my pre-pregnancy weight of 76kg (YAY) and on the 28th of November I reached my first mini goal of 75kg. Yesterday morning I weighed in at 74.1kg so the weight loss is going great. My next goal is 69kg so thats about another 5kg to lose and I am going to focus on that after my wedding. I cant even remember when I was 69kg so its going to be great to get there! (If I jump on my old scales, I am already there! LOL)

So thats where I am at...

Hi girls, well I have fallen off the wagon again and it's well and truely on its way down the street!! I will have to catch it and jump back on. I have been pretty stressed, having to do exams and now prac, meaning I am working three days a week and leaving my little angel with my DH or mum. I know she's safe and happy with them, but I want to be home with her! I have hardly any time to do my house work and I have so much written work to do with uni, I am feeling a bit swamped and my wieghtloss is really taking a back seat. I am eating through stress and stressing that I am eating so much, LOL!! I really need to try to prioritise and get things into perspective. I have put on another kilo so I am now heavier than when I began here originally- a very grand total of 88kg's . I am so depressed. I am avoiding mirrors and trying not to let my DH see me in the nude, I am so embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I feel horrible, you's think that would be motivation enough huh?? Any way enough of my moaning...

Veronica, congratulations to you you are doing such a great job!! YOU go girl, hehehe!

Nadine, I agree with Tracey on the water. You need to have about 2l a day! I also have problems with my 'plumbing' if I don't eat healthily and drink enough, more so if I odn't drink enough. I have a few prunes each day too I find they work really well for me, as well as a pear or apple each day. There's nothing worse that the feeling of being bloated and full like that, ick!

Hoody, hello and welcome! Congratulations on your new bubba's birth! Three weeks old...I remember that, it seems so long ago now! It sounds like you really need to take things slowly and be gentle with yourself for a while. Don't put too much pressure on yourself yet, you have just had a major operation and having a new bub, bf, and running after a toddler is exercise enough for many people! Good luck to you

Tracey, welcome to you too, it sounds like you know what you need to do for your self. It will be great to have a professional on hand for advice, as well as being aboe to relate to people who have been overweight, it does help that you know how it feels. I wish you luck too.
    Oh by the way TMI means 'too much information.'

Hello to eveyone else and good luck for this week!

ETA Lots of posts since I started, hehehe, sorry if I repeated things, LOL!

Ngala - great idea. One of the girls does Burlesque.

Hi All,

Hope you are all going well!

Big hugs to Kel - good work for getting on the back on the bandwagon! Don't beat yourself up too much. : )

Tracey - interesting to hear about your progesterone related weight gain. As others in this forum will know I've been thinking about whether my Implanon is stopping my weight loss - I understand it's based on progesterone. Now the mood swings are starting too - I've cried 3 times in the past 6 days for no reason- previous to that I might have cried 3 times in the past 6 months!

I hear you with the Sz 16 but 90kg issue. That's one thing that makes me feel semi-ok about my weight - 100kg but I'm a Sz 18 so when I see people in magagzines who weigh 100kg and are size 22 i feel small in comparison (if you know what I mean - or abbreviated to iykwim). Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Take care everyone,

Ruth

PS I didn't go to Body Pump this morning - SHAME ON ME!

hey guys...

Welcome to all the new additions... Hoody, Tracey...

I am still hovering around the 78-80kg mark... mind you AF (Aunt flow - Period) has arrived so hopefully there may be a slight weight change once that is gone...

Tring to find & stay motivated, but working full time & having a toddler & living 45 mins form work makes for a long day.. but I must stay focused...

I went for a 1/2 hour walk at linchtime & hopefully if my DD lets me (DH is away on work till tomorrow night) do 20 mins on the bike at home..

Will weigh again on Monday... or is there a day that everyone wants to weight in on... or have i messed that bit LOL

Hi girls - I am going to jump in as a newbie too I am 173cm tall and before I got pg with Flynn I was 76kg and got to 92kg when full term with him. I never competely dropped all the baby weight and was 84 when I got pg with Oliver. I think I got to about 98kg when full term and now a week and a bit after the birth I am 93kg.

We would like 3 kids so I have about 15-20 kilos to lose within the next 9 months (we would like an 18 month gap between each of the kids - I am starting to think this is a crazy plan but that is another thread LOL!). I am not going to panic about weight over the next month but just start eating more according to general "weight watchers" principles - watch portion size, go easy on hidden calories (in dressings, sauces, fruit juice, etc) and generally keep an eye on unhealthy fats and oils.

Veronica you did great to drop the weight so quickly - how tall are you if you don't mind my asking? I envy your gym-going exploits but I have to be honest with myself - there is no way I will be motivated enough to work out for a while

Heys Mitch, Rory, Hoody, Tracey -

We generally "weigh in" on Mondays and post the details here. Although if I feel "bad" I don't weigh *lol*

Welcome!

Hey Rory! I am 173cm as well. To be honest, I am a bit bored with the gym right now!! I still go in and do everything but my heart is just not in it, so I have given myself the week off cause its a crazy week with the up coming wedding. I am going to re-evaluate my gym-going afterwards, but I think I will keep going as I am going until I reach my goal weight and then I might lay off and relax a little! LOL Good luck with your weight loss. I am sure by watching what you eat and by having a little bit of exercise but I am sure running after a littlie and looking after a bub is plenty of exercise atm!

Mitch - weigh ins are normally on Monday's but I weigh myself nearly every day LOL I am crazy for doing it but I do it for motivation and to know how I am going.

Kellie - sounds like you are having a bit of a rough time at the moment. This time of year is always stressful, especially if you are finishing up uni for the year and that'll be extra hard with a little bub! What sort of food are you eating when you are stressed?

I was going to take a walk to my DF's job site that is about 40 mins walk away but he is coming home for lunch! Oh well, I will jsut take the dogs down to the park when he goes back..

Welcome Tracey and Royroy

Thanks for the advice!! I do drink alot of water and I love my fruit, so don't really know why it keeps acting up BUT usually when I am feeling at my worst, something happens
    So not feeling bloated anymore today!! I bought me some black tea yesterday after work, so if my stomach starts acting up again, I am trying that. Friend of mine from work use it and it works for her.
    I think maybe I was sending my colon mixed signals having bran cereal with banana slices So I grated an apple in this morning and that was not bad, so that will be my new "thing", I will miss the banana - I just feel banana is more breakfast than late afternoon snack.

Did gym class this morning AND cleaned the house and did the washing - Excersice DONE for the day - looking forward to my date with DH tonight!!!!! AND ice-cream for dessert, because I am worth it

OMG ppl - I just noticed something!!!!!
    My workstation is next to a glass window and I can see my reflection in it and .... I got dimples on my lower back!!!!!! You know the kind. Those dimples just above a skinny girls butt crack!!!!!!!
    WOW!!!! I am letting DH check that out!!!! I never had this!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast