Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

Default Diet & Weight loss support #4

Welcome to the Weight Loss Support thread.

Please remember this is for weight loss, any other general chit chat can be removed at the moderators discretion.

Goodluck to you all with achieving your goals.

Your previous thread can be found http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/diet...pport-3-a.html

OK, I am having trouble losing that last kilo. might help if i did some exercise. bit harder to exercise when i am sitting at a desk all day.

Lea79 Guest

Hello there,

I see this is a new thread so I might just start with my little story. I am about a size 18 to 20 and we are planning on TTC starting in December. By that time I want to have lost about 15 to 20 kilos and feel healthy, probably about a healthy size 14 to 16 to be realistic. I have about 6 months to achieve this so its time to get stuck into it. I dont want a quick fix and put the weight back on plus some, I want to do this the healthy way. I have been pretty much up and down in my weight over the years but have never been this big. I put on about 10 to 15 kilos when I met DP and never really got it all off permanently so this is the time to do it! I want to avoid the high risks being overweight in pregnancy brings such as PE and GD and want to avoid having to use an obstetrician for my care vs midwife. I am a student midwife and should be qualified by the years end. I see how much of a risk weight brings with pregnancy not to mention how hard it is to TTC. So I am really just trying to get started and see how other people are getting on with their weight loss too. Talk to you soon,

Leanne

Aphrodite Guest

I guess I'll add my story to the end of Lea's. I've never been skinny but when I had my baby, Tyler, now aged 4, things got a little out of hand. I put on maybe 20 kilos during pregnancy and four years on its still there plus conciderably more. I want another baby, but I don't think I would handle it to well with my body in the state that it is. Not to mention the fact that I can't keep up with the kid I've got! It's clear to me that I really need to lose weight, and quickly as my biological clock is ticking.

I'll jump on the introduction bandwagon too!

DS is 2 months old today and I have 8kgs of baby weight to lose. Simple as that.

I joined WW Online today and I have to say that I really like the format of how you enter your foods and your points balance is done for you. Especially liking the extra points because I am BF'ing!

SG
    xo

Well Ladies,

I have reached my GW!!!! Good luck to you all, and remember, losing it slowly is the best way because it is easier to keep it off. and as you get older it gets harder

Hi ladies,

I have been big (big to me) all my life. The biggest i've been is when i had my son Devrim, when i packed on 20kgs whilst pregnant (got to 90kgs). I lost all that weight and when we TTC Ela my weight went up to about 80kgs. Couldn't conceive and found out that i had PCOS and had to lose the weight. Lost 10kgs in about 3 months and fell preg to Ela. Only gained 10kg whilst pregnant. i lost all the 10kgs after giving birth and weight crept back up during my maternity leave, eating junk at home, weight shot upto 80kg again. I stopped bf'ing in Jan 08 and decided that i needed to lose the weight indefinitely. Joined Tony Ferguson, lost about 5-6kgs in about 1-2 months and then went on Liteneasy in mid April (still am on it) and i've lost about 11kg all up. I still have another 11 to go. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week but am planning to go 6 days a week now. I fell pregnant a few weeks agos but m/c and now i am more determined than ever to lose the final 11kgs. i have an online personal trainer, who gives me the exercises to do in a 12 week challenge. So i hope that i will have a new bod in about 12 weeks!

I hope we can motivate each other to fight this weight battle together.

Woot! Just posting to say that I lost 1.1kg on my first week of WW online.

7.4 to go...

SG
    xo

Hi Ladies,

Congrats on the 1.1kg loss Shoegal. That is fantastic. It will motivate you even more now.
    I hopped on the scales on Sunday and i was 70.4kg. Monday it was 69.3kg and i was wrapped. Tuesday it was 70.5kg and i though bummer. This morning, i hopped on and it was 67.4kg. Could not believe it! The running is paying off! A loss of about 3kg in not even a week!

8-10kg to go!

Hi guys Just joining in with the introductions, I started with Calorie King in May 07 and since then have lost 17 kilos and am under 100kg for the first time since my wedding in 2005. I've been unwell the last couple of weeks so trying to motivate myself to get back into my diet and exercise program. My goal is to lose another 5-10 kilos by the end of the year. I know I could do more if I was completely dedicated, but this has to be a lifestyle thing for me.

Hi all

Only lost 0.2 this week. At least it's better than gaining 0.2 but I know where I went wrong, went to Perth for a couple of days and it was difficult to track, plus only went for 2 walks.

Turkish - yay for the running! Great loss hun.

Bec - 17kg's, that's amazing! Good on you.

SG
    xo

Hi All,

SG- A loss is still a loss. Going away is hard as you tend to eat out and all the food is so tempting. You can get back on track this week and make up for last week. Good on ya!

Bec- 17kg loss is great, well done. You are right about losing weight and it becoming a lifestyle. If doesn't become a lifestyle, you quickly gain it all back once you reach your goal weight. So i really admire the way you are thinking in terms of losing the weight. I have been a yo-yo all my life but like you this time it is going to be a lifestyle change as i am sick and tired of putting on and losing weight all the time. I vowed to myself that i will keep on going to the gym once i lose the weight as i don't get enough activity during the day at work.

Yesterday, i went to Target to buy myself a pair of brown work pants and there were no size 10's left so i thought i'd try on a pair of 8's and if it fits Hooray and if not have to look elsewhere for a pair. They fit! Ok a bit tight around the belly (as i have an apron belly from my 2 c/s) but the bum and thighs were ok. I could not believe it. I bought them thinking that i'll wear them to work and that will motivate me even more to fit into them.

Tonight, i am starting kickboxing lessons at the gym hoping that a change in activity will boost my metabolism to help lose the last 8-10kgs.
    That loss i had the other day, when one day i was 69 and the next day 67 well it all came back the day after I was so angry, i spoke to the trainers at the gym and they said that the body gets rid of things that it doesn't want quickly on some ocassions and holds on to it when it does! I was spewing. I've been told to increase my weights, which i hadn't for a loooong time.

been a long post.

Cya and goodluck for this week!

Lea79 Guest

Hello to all! It has been a while since I have posted on this thread but I have been very busy with exams and so glad they are over now! Only 6 mths to go and I will be a midwife! (HOPEFULLY!) Well its great to hear about everybody's weight loss! Congrats! I haven't been so focused due to other things happening lately. I started off really well this week and then my wisdom tooth played up something shocking and yesterday I had to get it pulled. The pain was excruciating and the dentist gave me stitches and a huge cyst was growing underneathe so its still pretty awful. The thing is with this, I haven't eaten much in the last 3 days. Last nights dinner was pureed soup...yummy! lol. It may make me lose weight but I know its not healthy, I just want to be able to eat lots of fruit and veges and EXERCISE! I want to lose the weight slowly this time round so it doesn't pile right back on. I hope you all keep up the great work! WW is great, soon as I get better I will start back up with them and go bike riding. All the best,

Leanne

Hi All,

Welcome to BB Janet. Wow, a real life Biggest Loser competition! Such an inspiration and sounds fun. It's good when there is competition and motivation to lose the weight as it inspires you even more. You are very lucky to have the support of others. Dedication is the key. How many kgs are you intending to lose all up? I love the wine and stocking up of junk food in the pantry to tempt poor hubby Such a classic. Keep us posted on the wieigh-ins.

Lea- you poor thing, wisdom teeths must be painful from what you say has happened to you. i'm lucky enough that there isn't enough room in my gumline for them to pop up. I hope you are feeling much better. Eating soup will def. make you lose weight.

Why does losing weight and going to the gym hurt so much?? I've just begun jogging on the treadmill at the gym and can only do about 1min 15sec and i need to slow it down as i feel like i can't breathe. Some people can run for mins without stopping. Geez i envy them. What they say.. no pain no gain is so true. I wish i had the money for lipo sometimes! This week i have lost another 1kg, so my plateau seems to have broken. i have lost 2 kgs in 2 weeks, bringing me down to 68.5kg an overall loss of 13.5kgs. I am so proud of me!!

Take care all and good luck!

Just checking in for the week, I lost 1.2kg!

But have pigged out a bit at the start of this week so don't expect much loss next week.

Total loss is 2.5kgs in 3 weeks.

SG
    xo

Hey everyone!

I've always been overweight pretty much, though not by much and I wasn't overly bothered. After I became pregnant I quit smoking and haven't started again, the combination of that plus a difficult pregnancy which meant I couldn't walk around my own house let alone exercise, plus being uber stressed . . . I put on a lot of weight I want to be at a healthy weight, which apparently for my height is 55 - 65kgs, so that doesn't sound right at all for my build. I think 70 - 75kgs would suit me more. I have A LOT of weight to lose, I've lost 7kgs in the last 5 weeks which is great, and I'm aiming to lose another 8kgs by DDs birthday on the 9.9. I know they say to lose weight slowly, but I'm eating what feels comfortable (i'm not going hungry at all), I'm eating lots of protein AND still eating some junk food (choccie, anyone? ). So it seems to me that i'm being healthy and this is what my body wants to do, sort of thing.
    I've started running!! I suck but the other day I ran from one goal post to the other, around the perimetre . . . that's about 200m. It's a lot for me!

So yeah, I have about 30kgs to lose. I'm not gonna post my weight but I think the math is fairly easy (I'm a size 18 atm).

Turkish Delight - the running will get easier, I promise!! If you keep running 3 -5 times a week, running for longer each week, you'll probably be able to run 20 - 30 mins in 2 months or so. Good luck!

clare076 Guest

hi girls,
    I have 7 kgs to loose and will be doing it with the use of my trusty STGTBT recipe books and sheer will power ()

Congratulations to everyone for you weight loss this far, I hope to share the journey with you all (although I hope the journey is a short one )

Welcome clare!

How is everyone else going?

Latest update for me is 3.6kg lost over 7 weeks, am now 67.9kg, 65kg is my goal (pre-preg weight) but 63kg is my ultimate goal.

SG
    xo

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast