Thread: First Trip to the Gym!!

Smile First Trip to the Gym!!

Had my first session at the gym today!!

Never been to a gym before except for classes...
    It was great! Took it easy and had a good time actually.
    They have a creche for Charlotte to so that was great

Have to go in tomorrow morning for a fitness assessment with a trainer and to work out a circuit routine or something?

Signed up up front for 3 months, so I have to go now! lol

so pleased I actually went!!

Congrats!!! I hope you have a great time. I haven't been to the gym since I got pregnant with ds. I really miss it but we are moving soon so I'm waiting until after we move to join again.

Yay! Well done, have fun today with your program! Just make sure you are really clear with them what it is you want to achieve - some club trainers are pretty set in their ways and give out the same program for EVERY client no matter what. And if you like the classes don't let them put you off, it's not one or the other, you can do both!

Good luck and have fun!!!

So, how did you go with your program?

Its great! It is fairly simple, so thats good lol and she showed me how to use everything and how to set the weights, and I'm feeling pretty good. It is hard, but not super hard yet, but I've got 6 weeks til she said it should be easy and I have to change the weights.
    The place is really nice, quite small, but it is an all female gym including staff and they are just so great, laid back and not up themselves sporty fit people lol
    So yeah, its great!! Havent been for a few days though - I have a head cold and can hardly breathe But Im back tomorrow so yay! Going to try some actual classes next week too, should be good.
    Dh is really happy too so gotta keep it up now!!

Thanks CQ!

Thats awesome! Glad you're enjoying it. There's nothing fun about having to do something that you don't enjoy, and it can be so much fun, especially when you start seeing results!

Which classes are you going to try?

There is a body vive or something that is for easing back into it, Ill give that one a go, and I want to do some step classes again, used to step classes a few years ago. Hopefully be able to keep up! lol
    Once I am fitter I want to do some body combat and their ICE classes...might enjoy pain by then

Awesome! You should try Body Balance too if your gym has it. It's a combination of Yoga, Thai Chi and Pilates and it's great, I love it!