Thread: Fitbit, Jawbone, or the one starting with G?

Default Fitbit, Jawbone, or the one starting with G?

Do you have one?

Do you like it?

I had a Jawbone, but it malfunctioned a couple of times, and so I returned it for a refund ...

Default Re: Fitbit, Jawbone, or the one starting with G?

I have a Fitbit and I don't mind it. Mine is just the charge model but DH has the fancy surge one and it's got good features

I'm mostly interested in the step counter, idle time monitor and the sleep monitor. And DH and I could be teamed up to give each other challenges

If it can monitor calorie burn too, that might be good, but I think the HRM and the rest would be wasted.

I also really liked that the jawbone just plugged into my phone, rather than having to find the wifi band or whatever ...

I have a fitbit charge hr. I like all of the features, but plenty of times it has malfunctioned - reset steps to 0 in the middle of the day, refuses to sync to the phone etc. Worst of all though, I would always get dry, itchy spots in various places on my wrist. Eventually at the end of November one spot turned really bad, it was where the little bit is that holds the excess strap down. I wore it only every now and then but it kept getting worse. Even when I stopped wearing it completely the spot kept growing, it got to about the size of a 20 cent piece and looked red, dry, and scaley, and was itchy. It took around a month to go away (though it still looked like a red scar). So a week ago I started wearing it again, only during the day, and with a bandaid on the spot, but somehow the spot is getting worse again!

So, long story short, I have issues with syncing and the strap. I know of two others that have had the same strap issue.

still on the teaching contract roundabout

I have a fitbit flex. I'm happy with it, no dramas. The only thing I would consider getting one with the time so I don't have to wear a watch and the fitbit on the wrist at the same time. I don't cope well with something on both wrists at the same time.

I've been seeing a lot of press in last 24 hours that they are building a class action suit against Fitbit for it not being accurate with HR etc. I don't know if this is the same for all fit bands and they are just targeting Fitbit as they are the popular ones.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Gear myself, I found Telstra were surprising the cheapest on the wearables at the moment with their 35% off January sale, that's where I got mine (I have no interest in them, just thought I'd mention they were like $50 cheaper)

Wow.

Maybe I'll just go without for a while. I'm generally aware that if I walk to and from work (from the station) and go at least one other place during the day (Court, client, lunch, whatever) then I get my 7,000 steps - but I'm at a point where I should probably be increasing my goal to 10,000 steps ...

And my sleep is rubbish. I'm only getting about 3-4 hrs a night at the moment.