Thread: Good exercise DVD's

Default Good exercise DVD's

I am looking for some DVD's to do at home. I don't have alot of time or money, but would like to do more than just walking. When I had a gym membership, I loved doing the combat and pump classes. I am by no means anywhere near fit at the moment and I am fairly overweight too, so nothing too challenging for now, or at least something I can do the 'simple' section/part of! Any pilates or yoga DVD suggestions would be great too, I need to build my core strength and flexibility too, as well as teach myself to relax again, LOL! This mumma thing is one stressful gig!!! So any suggestions girlies?? (And guys!)
    TIA.

MissyMooo Guest

Thumbs up

Hi lilias,

I know you said you wanted do something else than walking but have you tried Walk Away The Pounds With Leslie Sansone?

I'm A big fan of her workouts, I started off using The 1 Mile than slowly moved onto the 2 Mile, than 3 mile program, all done in your own lounge room

It's more than walking, she has some great DVD's out

You can buy them from Target, Kmart, BigW I haven't bothered to look anywhere else.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Phteven; October 11th, 2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: links - pls read forum guidelines

I just started using the Wii Fit... BIt expensive to start off with but its fun and a good workout... HAs aerobics, yoga, balance excercies and muscles strengthinging excercises...

not sure of any DVD's so cant help there... Running round after your little girl should help you keep fit thou...

I have winsor pilates DVD's. They are fun to do and not that expensive.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

Jess, I would luuuurrrve a Wii but it's waaayyy too $$$$$$$$$ !! When we can afford it we will get one though....and yep my little girl is definately keeping me on my toes, you'd think I'd have the body of a goodess with how I run around after her, as well as having 3 flights of sairs to walk up and down with 2 babies...but alas no, it's not to be, I have to work harder than that!

Yeah the Wii is SOOO expensive...

IKWYM about running round after the kids but the kilos going no where.... my DS is so active and no amount of chasing seems to shift the weight... i need more burn time...

I find putting on the music and dancing round the house while doing the house work is teh most fun so far... especially now that DS has started signing along with the music... hehehe

Your local library will usually have some. Its a lot cheaper and you get more variety. I like the crunch series especially their powerpilates (I think it was called).