Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: High Fat, high protein, low carb

Default Re: High Fat, high protein, low carb

I eat high protein, low carb but don't really watch how much fat I eat. I have lost 55kgs in a year eating like this.
    I do use protein powder though which isn't for everyone.
    A typical day for me would be something like;
    Breakfast: Choc banana protein shake for made with light milk, protein powder, protein ice cream (whey whip), chobani yogurt, banana, ABC butter, chia seeds, cacao powder etc.
    Lunch: Eggs with avocado & light mayo on lettuce wraps.
    Dinner: steak and salad or fish & salad

Snacks are often chobani yogurt, edamame beans, haloumi cheese, nuts etc or just a protein drink.

At first it was really hard for me to eat this way but now it's habit and I love it. I really concentrate on eating protein as much as possible. I can imagine going back to eating how I once did.

Wow Lisa fantastic, 55kg in a year! You are incredible. Mind if I ask your start weight - feel free not to answer if it's a rude question!

Just a question on the light milk and the light mayo - why light? LCHF says full fat everything and low fat versions usually have heaps of sugar in them. And bananas - I thought they were a big NO?

Default High Fat, high protein, low carb

I don't follow any diets or plans, I just started off doing a shake diet, hated it and went back to eating how I did on a diet I was once on a few years ago (cohens) which was crazy restrictive and too difficult for me but the basic principles worked for me. Now I don't restrict myself any foods but do restrict the amount of things I eat, like I'll have carbs in the banana and in the chia seeds etc. I make sure my meals are mostly protein and fat. I choose the light milk/mayo only based on my own body as since having my gallbladder out I have issues with some full fat products like these. I also allow myself a cheat meal once a week or sometimes I save it up. I have only exercised for 25kgs of my weight loss which is where I have felt comfortable at.

Woo hoo Lisa! Amazing job

Quote Originally Posted by nothing2lose View Post
    Woo hoo Lisa! Amazing job
    Thanks hun. It's been long and I still have a long way to go but my brain has finally realised that I'm not on a diet and this is my life now.

I had bloods done last year that showed I was pre-diabetic, I was insulin resistant, high cholesterol and high triglycerides and crazy low vitamin d levels and terrible liver enzymes.
    I got more bloods done last month and everything is now in the perfect zone. That alone makes me know what I am doing is right for me

Incredible!

I haven't been on BB for months and decided to pop on and see what has been happening. So glad I did when I discovered this thread!

I have been following a strict ketogenic diet since 2 January this year and have just reached my pre-baby weight (still have another 4kgs to get back to my wedding weight, but first things first, I say). Anyway, I just love this way of eating. I have energy and don't get that awful 3-hourly hunger anymore. My carbs are currently between 25g and 100g each day and I have been in ketosis 100% of the time in the past 6 months (I have one of those blood monitor thingos which are well worth the $$, I think). Anyway, it's nice to share an eating methodology with other people here when there is so much tut-tutting about how supposedly unhealthy it is out in the rest of the world (though my GP is a big advocate, so things are changing slowly). I have developed a list of recipes with all of the listed macros (thanks MFP!) and am happy to share them with anyone who is interested

Well done, Lisa - that's incredible! I was proud of my 20kg loss, but I've got nothing on yours LOL!

Hi ladies. So I'm slowly embarking on this journey and this is the method I'm leaning towards. I have some questions. I love oats for breakfast are oats OK? What other things can I eat for breakfast? This morning I had 1 rather of bacon, 2 poached eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms cooked in coconut oil and 1/4 of an avocado

Oats are not generally 'allowed' but it's up to you really about how full on you go - anything that is a grain is generally not included.

Breakfasts I often have bacon, eggs, sausage. Omlettes, mini quiches, bacon and egg pies. Grainfree granola that I make served with fresh cream. Add butter to everything!!

Actually afrah, there are quite a lot of studies out showing that grains are quite inflammatory and not that good for health at all.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678