Thread: How to kick start weight loss

Default How to kick start weight loss

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to kick start weight loss. I am thinking of trying shakes or something to just help kick start some weight loss. I have been trying for months to lose some weight and although i am really good at maintaining my weight, i just cant seem to lose any. I just dont want to do anything that will cause me to gain weight later. Any tips would be appreciated.

well here are my weight loss tips for ya

drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday
    start walking build up to 50-60 mins each day
    dont snack between meals
    dont eat after dinner at night
    change your diet around a bit
    if you know that you are going to over eat counteract it by adding in some extra walking or other exercise like about 20- 30 mins extra

hope this helps

Thumbs up

Hi Isabel

When I decided to lose weight - my weight had been static pretty well (within 3kg) of what I was when my last baby was born 7 months prior. I am on weight watchers but the one thing that it really made me do was look at what I was eating. I realised that I was eating too much bread and not enough fibre. When I cut the bread and upped the fibre (Allbran is great) I felt so much lighter within myself and my metabolism kind of kickstarted it's self.

Some tips that I follow are

* Skim Milk - low fat as possible
    * Limit bread intake - You don't have to eat wholemeal - just less white
    * Up protein intake - fish, meats etc but within reason.
    * Diet softdrinks such as Coke Zero are my saviour - I don't drink coffee but love my coke zero!
    * Lots of water
    * Really try to up the amount of fibre in your diet. I found this made the biggest difference to how I feel within myself. Try some high fibre breaky cereals for a week and see how you feel.

All the best

Allis

If you have stalled and need to reboot your system - FAST. For 48 hours....so 2 days, you wont die or anything lol it is actually quite easy.

It is not dangerous either, very healthy in fact. You can drink water only, nothing else.
    You will find your body feels so much better, you will eat smaller portions and your body will have kick started its own metabolism.

The only thing that would stop you doing would be if you are BF...?

hmm- never thought of that lime slice- you name remins me of gin&tonic and lime mmmmmmmmmmmmm

lol LSK...that would be nice!

i know bombay saph pullease _ good luck with TTC LS!!
    xxoxo

BTW- i have nooooooooo woeght loss advice..pmsl