Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need this!..who else is in?

Default I need this!..who else is in?

i am over this extra weight and am finding it hard to loose it as i have a back injury which prevents me from doing much physical activity and because of it i am eating myself happy.. which then makes me more unhappy lol

But from today there r no more excuses im cutting out the junk eating only fresh and healthy foods and not pigging out on bad food im going to try my best and get out ofthe house and take a walk even if its a short one once a day . i am bigger now than i was after i had DD i was 68kg after giving birth im not proud that im bigger now ..i have 5-10 kg to loose i would be happy with five but over the moon with 10 or more

My bubs 5 months n i need this now i need to feel better in myself and i wanna look amazing.Before i had DD i was aroundthe 63-65kg mark and now well the last time i weighed myself i was 73kg!!arghh

• So know wat i need to know is what else i can do to help shift the weight??
    • And does anyone else have any weight to loose i would love someone to do it with to help eahc other and motivate one another through this journey !
    • any other tips to loose weight?
    Thanks guys xx

Hey em, you should consider joining us in the http://forums.bellybelly.com.au/foru...pport-4-a.html we're a motivational bunch hehe and dont bite...hard? Good luck with your weightloss!! I've just started too, got a lot more weight to shift then you tho hehe, hopefully i will get there one day!!

Thanks Ammaki

Hey Emma,

you can do it hon. Even with a back injury there are things you can do. I've just discovered I have 2 bulging discs (lucky me ). I'm still training. I'm not doing high impact activities at the moment and am spending (far too much) time in the pool. There is water aerobics etc. I see a personal trainer twice a week and he is brilliant with accomodating my (many) injuries. I also see a physio once a week for clinical pilates (so it is partially covered by PHI). In addittion, I train at home 5 times a week (which at the moment is restricted to walking on my treadmill).

If you can afford it, perhaps a Personal Trainer (even once a week) to help keep you motivated and lots of walking or swimming. Depending on your back injury - aqua aerobics will be good. And pilates will help strengthen your core muscles to take the strain off of your back.

Good Luck!

MG

Matryoshka Guest

Wow i could have written your post Emma! same weight/eating issues here, and very low motivation.

I'd be happy to buddy up with you if you like for support?

I have made a few changes already, swapping flavoured milk for green tea..... not sure what else to do because diets aren't really my thing, i need more of a lifestyle change than anything else.

And on the exercise front i plan to either do a walk each day with the boys or if we don't manage to get out time on the treadmilll of an evening.

Thanks guys

Mother Goose- wow your an inspiration, to be able to do the things you do with your injury that's amazing you should be very proud of yourself. I've been thinking of seeing a personal trainer as I've spoken to the people at the local gym in my area and they can accommodate to my injury (protruding disc l4 l5 and s, which i will be getting surgery on in a few month but that's a whole other thread) im just stuck in a rut and not feeling good in myself and need to get out hoping this should help.
    Thanks so much for your suggestions x

Matryoshka- Oh that sounds great!! we can help motivate each other we can do it hun! so your weakness is flavoured milk mines flavoured drinks/juice i think i just need to up my water intake n steer clear from high sugared foods, since i've had DD i've made excuses like 'Ive just had a baby its fine to be a bit overweight or I'm breastfeeding its all right etc. i'm not making excuses anymore i cant stand this extra weight anymore.

I'm like you i am not into diets as such i'm still breastfeeding so i think i'm just going to cut out the bad things and the snacking and actually exercise.to start with and see how that goes ive taken a walk every day the last 3 days. but i know what you mean i need a whole lifestyle change too. ill have to get back to you with some more ideas We can do this hun!
    Last edited by Butterfly Child; August 13th, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

I'll join you Emma! I recently joined a personal trainer that takes small classes of Mum's wanting to get back in shape after pg - the best thing is you can take your babies to classes as well. Maybe you can see if there's anything like that in your area? It works out fairly cheap because you're in small groups (mine is $16 per hour lesson) and even though I only go once a week it's the motivation I need to make sure I do exercise on the other days. I have about 10kgs to lose too (be happy with 5kg though) - I was 62kg before DD and about 72kg now.

My weakness is over eating. My DH is a chef and cooks all meals (even when he's not home he makes me dinner before he goes to work - how spoilt am I!) and because they are so yummy I always go back for seconds. I've used the breastfeeding excuse all this time too, but it's time to change! I also eat when I'm bored so the last few days I've been making a conscious effort to ask myself whether I am really hungry when I'm searching the cupboards for a snack. I'm a chocoholic too so for the last 6 weeks I've banned chocolate from the house. If there's some in the house I end up eating the whole lot, so a total ban it is! The stepkids are not happy lol!

On the days I don't see the personal trainer I do an exercise dvd at home. I make sure I do it as soon as I put DD down for her morning nap, that way I get it out of the way first thing and feel good the rest of the day. I also walk a fair bit but it is harder in this cold weather - bring on the sunshine!

Emma - that's what I have! Protruding discs (AKA bulging disc) at L4/L5 and L5/S1 with bilateral compression of nerve roots at L5/S1 worse on the left side. I also have an unstable pelvis. Which is why I am doing pilates. It will help stabilise everything and take the pressure off of my back. Losing weight will also help.

I definately reccomend a Personal Trainer if you can afford one. But do make sure they are able to accomodate your injuries and will work in conjunction with anyone else you see (in my case, osteo and physio). My team are great. I often message PT with messages from Osteo. I've only just started to see Physio and so far she has happily provided instructions to trainer about restrictions. PT doesn't want me to hurt more than I already am and is pretty conscious of my injuries. At the moment we are doing a lot of pool stuff. I feel like a retard and miss my vigourous activities (especially boxing) but know I have to take it easy for now.

Good Luck!

claire that sounds great the more the merrier, that's sounds amazing the gym program for new mums ill have to look into it.

You are so lucky to have such a great husband. maybe he could start cooking you healthy meals in smaller portions might help but that may be pushing it lol. i definitely have a sweet tooth. A few weeks ago i bought a frozen chocolate Bavarian cake..usually it will only last a few nights if that(just to me lol ) but i have refrained myself and haven't had any at all. sounds a little sad but its a big step for me.

i'm definetly going to see a personal trainer ill just have to leave DD with my mum which will prob be hard as im own my own but it will be worth it i cant wait to get back into some sexy clothes and feel amazing need that confidence kick hay!

you sound like your doing a great job so far we will have to have a weigh in day or something not quite sure so we can let each other no how where doing iv still got to get some scales but let me if you have any other ideas to help motivate each other this includes you Matryoshka. we are going to do this girls were going to be yummy mummy's lol

Mother Goose- oh its not good Hun is it that's crazy that's the exact same thing as me except the bilateral compression is on the nerve roots and sciatic nerve which is causing weakness in my right leg. it was caused from giving birth to DD. How long have u had ur prolapse? do you know what it was caused from? also does it seem to be improving i'm hoping to see if i can improve with mine instead of getting surgery but it just doesn't seem to be getting better, maybe with a bit of weight loss, otherwise ill be in recovery bed rest for 3 months following surgery

Ive also heard that the pool is great for back injuries another thing worth looking into and ill definitely be talking to a personal trainer to work out a fitness routine thanks so much for your help!

Matryoshka Guest

I think a weigh in day each week is a good idea as i know i need to be accountable you know?

I wish i could afford a personal trainer, my hubby does a circuit each night and has offered to modify it for me, perhaps that will have to do for now!

Claire, we used to overeat too, one trick i found was to use smaller plates for your meals (so i started dishing everything up on lunch plates) it forces you to eat smaller portions for the pure reason you can't fit as much on!

As for me, i was drinking up to 2 litres of flavoured milk a day, it was just good for quick and easy energy, with 2 little boys i wouldn't have time to make myself healthier things, and the milks would keep me feeling full. I've stopped buying them now though since monday, so hopefully just stopping that helps me shed a bit of weight.

I'll weigh myself first thing tomorrow and report back a starting weight.

my CT scan was last Friday. I've been on rest orders for a few weeks from PT but persevere anyway... I've had bilateral (both legs) weakness. Worse in my left. I also get sharp pains in my legs. Usually worse after I've been on the treadmill

Osteo definately helps. Always had. I've only been doing pilates for a week (2 sessions) and I feel it helps. I have a friend who has the same issue and pilates has helped her immensely. The stuff in the pool helps as well. I also find that voltaren helps - but I'm taking 100mg a day (50 in the morning and 50 in the evening). Stretching helps my legs as well. I also try not to sit for too long. I'm working hard to strengthen my core muscles because it definately helps.

To be honest, I'm surprised that you haven't been asked to try pilates earlier... they normally suggest you try complimentary things first. I'm not keen for surgery either - although i've not even gone down that path. I refuse to discuss it with my GP. I am happy with what I'm doing for now. I have to give it a chance to work first. Because 3 months off work would be brutal. And 3 months in bed?! I'd kill someone. Nurses make the worst patients

Mine is also congenital - meaning the way I was born. At least that is what my report says. So for now, I can probably cope fine. But once I get into my 50's, I might need to consider surgery. But the longer I can delay that, the better!

Matryoshka-Thats a good idea about using lunch plates to keep portion sizes down will have to do that from now on. To be honest i cant really afford one(personal trainer ) but i was thinking if i just saw one once or twice least i would no exactly what i need to work on etc to help me loose the weight and purely to help me around my injury.

ill weigh in too tomorow ill take a walk in the morning (get some exercise in too) to my local chemist they have scales n will report back as soon as i find out. i was thinking i might keep a food diary which will hopefully help me keep track of what i have eaten.

Mother Goose- The reason i've been referred to have surgery is the weakness is my right leg is worsening since having dd and may be causing permanent damage if its not fixed , i'm also only 19 years old. I had a fall a month or so a go carrying dd where my leg just gave way luckily she wasn't hurt but it really just scared the daylights out of me, that i cant even look after my daughter properly i guess that was a redflag ive had mri n cat scans ready for the surgery in a month or two away still have to see. now im just waiting for a miracle and trying everything possible to fix it before having to have it, thanks heaps for the suggestions ill have to look into Pilates sounds like a really positive step to take. Do you find it hard to walk properly? prob a silly question but im just so sick of looking like an old women when im walking lol its like a limp i cant wait for it to go away
    Last edited by Butterfly Child; August 14th, 2009 at 03:10 PM.

Mother Goose- i forgot to add don't you hate it when they give you rest orders when you have kids to look after etc its impossible and is a joke i think it makes you feel 100 X worse anyway because you just get so down not doing anything and feeling sorry for yourself doesn't help that's how i felt anyway. persevering is definitely the way to go as much as you can or you'll go insane. Thanks so much for your help again x

oh, I don't know how to rest! I'm constantly in trouble for still training. So much so, when I got "serious rest orders now missy!" they had to get DH to hide the power cable to the treadmill so I couldn't get on it!!! But I have now had about 3 weeks off with just PT with my trainer (all pool sessions bar one which was just arm work) and I returned to emotional eating (my treadmill is a huge release for me) and put on about 2Kg . I've just done 2 days on the treadmill (very light in comparisson to old sessions) and I'm pretty sore right now.

That fall must have been scary for you. Yours sounds much worse than mine. I get a bad limp when I've done too much walking or if I try to walk too fast. My patients at work usually find it amusing. I'm 28. I can imagine surgery will do you good. Especially the rehab afterwards. I've had a couple of near miss falls. One the other day when I got out the pool - my trainer told me yesterday he was concerned by the look on my face - I was rather frightened. But I just get on with it now. I'm very stubborn. Much to my demise . It took me 6 weeks to tell work! LOL

Hang in there. It is a long road but there is definately a destination at the end of the journey!

MG

P.S. Sorry if I sound disjointed this morning - not much sleep last night... stoopid DH snoring!

Matryoshka & Claire_A- Ok so ive weighed myself today and measured hips bust and waist just to see if much changes im 68.5kg ive lost 3 1/2 kg over the last few weeks just by walking and steerin clear of temptation. id like to get to 60 if i can im pretty stocked but i kno i have a long way to go. I am also recording a food diary too just so im accountable for wat i have eaten that day and so i can change things if need be.How have u guys going? im so glad i have u guys to do this with it makes such a difference i feel so much more motivated to get there!

Mothergoose- Thats amazing how much you do! i wish i could do that but im getting there now compared to how i was. i never use to really excercise much for my pregnancy i just didnt really put much weight on so its been a rude shock to have to work to get back to where i was but im feeling so much better in myself.Thanks so much for your help and suggestions i really needed it xxx

Matryoshka I forgot to add ,Wow i love your new avvy its Absolutly beautiful xx

Hi Emma and Matryoshka. I think I'll weigh myself tomorrow as my pt weighed and measured me last week so will be interesting to see if anything has changed. Although they'll be different scales so there could be a bit of difference! I was bad today, didn't get around to doing my workout dvd, but I did do a bit of walking so hoping that counts. I had a brutal workout yesterday with my pt - I've never sweated so much in my life lol!

Emma wow congrats of losing 3 1/2kg - very impressive! Good idea about the food diary, I think I'll start one too. The last two nights I haven't had seconds so I'm pretty happy with myself. I think I have to teach my stomach that it really doesn't need as much as I've been feeding it!

Hey ladies... I'm in!

Have posted another thread explaining my story so feel free to have a look at why I'm here but I definitely need a kick in the butt to get started!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast