Thread: It's time!

Default It's time!

So, after browsing through photos of myself on FB, I've decided I really need to get my butt into gear (literally, lol) and lose some weight! The earlier photos (from around my wedding) I looked quite nice, and thin! I was about 60kg which is an ideal weight for my height (165cm). Then, the later photos... ICK! I want to look nice and thin again, and have the extra energy that being fit brings, and which I'm going to need once DS can crawl/walk!

I was overweight (95kg) before I fell pregnant. Then, due to morning sickness I lost about 6kg. Now, 3 months after my DS was born I'm about 93kg.

So, I need to lose about 25-30kg to be back in a healthy weight range.

My plan:

-to build up to walking every day, and eventually throw in a bit of jogging. I'll be taking DS with me in his pram, so that will add a bit of resistance. There is a 10km road race in my city in July that I will enter and walk in
    -start using my DH's home gym for upper body strength
    -and the big one... eating healthy! This is the one I struggle with the most.

It's a pretty basic plan, but it's better than nothing right?

So, please... cheer me on, motivate me to keep going! Any exercise/healthy food ideas would be great too. I'm really slack when it comes to cooking a decent meal for dinner, so any ideas for me overcoming that would be appreciated too.

Oh great for you hun. I'm also trying to get my mind around losing some weight. I only need to lose 10kg, but it seems like 50kg!!!

And believe me, basic is SO much better. You have a good plan there, now just sticking to it ...

Anyhoo ... GO, GO, GO

You'll be great honey just take it slow and steady and it'll be for life

Good on you Sterla!!! It does sound like a good plan.

Don't forget it takes 21days to form a new habit, but it can take up to 45 days to break an old habit!! Try not to be too hard on yourself if you stuff up; just do the 'right' thing at the next meal.

RE food. I find the most beneficial thing to be knowing your portions. Don't cut out everything you love or you will resent being on a 'diet' and sabotage yourself with treats or overindulging. Everything in moderation. Have a look at Weight watchers online, having the accountability really helps.

Take measurements rather than just relying on the scales and weigh yourself only once a week.

All the best

Have you thought since you sound great with the exercise and maybe try Weight watchers or something online?