Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've started today!!!! Some words of encouragement needed plz!!

Talking I've started today!!!! Some words of encouragement needed plz!!

Well, DH and I decided last week that we DO NOT want to be overweight parents anymore!!! (I am at least 20kg overweight ) We want to be fit and be able to run around with DD when she's up and walking soon and we want to feel better and healthier about our bodies.
    So last week it was decided after DD's birthday celebrations were over, that we'd start today. And so we have.

I'm still BF DD so I am not doing anything too drastic to lose weight and I know that the faster you take it off the easier it can be too come back on. I've done all those shake diets etc and the kg's just come back later on when you start eating again!

We want to TTC#2 again very soon.... we aren't being real careful at the moment anyway so it could happen soon. I want to lose a few kg's before this happens if possible!!

I'm doing this as of today -

* Walking 30mins per day (even if it rains) and we have a hilly area so that's good!
    * Drinking ONLY water and cups of tea.
    * NO softdrink or juice.
    * 3 meals a day and if hungry, snacking on fruit or veges.

I feel that if I cut out the sugary drinks (I drink softdrink daily!!!! ) and no more chocolate and walking 30mins a day, this will make a HUGE difference in my weight within a couple of weeks...... with just those changes alone!

Ok, so wish DH and I luck.... here goes.....

Oh and DH is doing a shake diet but I can't do that as I'm BF DD still and I don't particularly like those diets anyway!

I think its awesome you have a plan of attack Shanti .

To help keep your metabolism up try having five smaller sized meals each day, and don't forget to measure yourself weekly - I guarantee if you stick to your plan you'll start losing cm's soon!

Go Shanti! Your plan sounds great - just keep at it and I am sure you will see results in no time. I made a similiar decision in November and have lost 8 kg to date - it has always been about the food for me so am trying to be really honest with myself. You will not know yourselves very soon. xxx

Good luck! I lost 1kg last week and I hope to try for .5 - 1 kg per week untill we fall preg again (sson I hope)

Your plan of attack sounds awesome!

Kate

Default Re: I've started today!!!! Some words of encouragement needed plz!!

Awesome Shanti! You and your DH can do this!!! Look forward to following your journey

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!! That sure helps!

Yep I'm keeping a food diary. And we're watching The Biggest Loser as that helps motivate me too! I was just watching an episode while DD is asleep!

I KNOW I can do this. It's all in our minds.

Just waiting for DD to wake so I can go for a walk!

Good luck!

xox

your plan sounds awesome & very do-able! (nothing worse than making huge changes that it just isn't possible to stick to, if you know what i mean?).

i'm with you on the shake diets - they just don't work for me. i feel deprived that i'm not having 'real' food & so i don't stick to them.

if you decide you want to track you daily calories then calorieking dot com dot au is pretty good.

good luck, you can totally do this!

Fantastic Shanti - love your motivation = to be healthy so you can enjoy active activities with your DD.

I think you're right, cutting out all that softdrink (sugar) and chocolate (sugar) and juice (sugar) and walking you will create some fabulous changes in your metabolism, you'll be feeling more energetic in no time!

That's fantastic and I wish both you and DH the best of luck.

I think cutting out the softdrink and juice will help more then you know. About 3 years ago I had started putting on quite a bit of weight. I really enjoyed Coke (would drink entirely too much of it). Anyway, I cut it out, and dropped about 8 kilos. Didn't change anything else at all, I just stopped drinking Coke.

All the best Ren, you can do it! I started running in November on the c25k program. Although I have not dropped hardly any weight...through not eating well...I have toned up a lot. If you can do food and exercise at the same time you will be sure to drop those kgs. Now for me to do my food bit!

Good luck with it all i'm on my weigt loss journey for the same reason.. i don't want to be the "I CAN'T BECAUSE" parent that my mum was... my weight is not going to stop me spending time with my girls...

I hope it all goes well, you sound very motivated.. look forward to seeing how you go!

Well... it's only been 1 week and so far I have lost....... 3 KILOS!!!!!!!!!!!! yes that's right!!!

I started walking more (nearly every day), no softdrinks or sugary drinks, no chocolate, no cream buns or bakery items, no thickshakes etc..... just eating properly and yet still eating dairy and the occasional piece of bread...... and eating less. I was drinking 1-3 glasses A DAY of softdrink and you know how much sugar is in that?????? I knew by just cutting that out of my diet i would lose weight!!!!!

DH and I are cooking with the biggest loser recipe book and it's great!! If I'm hungry during the day I have some water or a boiled egg or fruit or small amount of cheese (protein to fill me up!) normally i would have gone for the chocolate or cake or chips or something fatty immediately to fill me up. BAD HABIT!

I can't deprive myself of too much as I am still BF so I'm being careful not to starve myself plus I know that starving yourself isn't good for your metabolism!!

So... yeah... I'm really proud of myself for achieving this weight loss in such a short amount of time! I would have been stoked to achieve 1kg loss so this is great!!

Hoping this week to lose 1.5kg. That's my goal anyway.

I'm now proud to say I weigh under 100kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job!!!! That's fantastic!!!

xox

Thanks Jewel!!

I even walked past Zarraffa's coffee when doing the groceries this morning and REFUSED the lady standing there giving out creme brulee samples..... and they are my FAVOURITE!!!!!
    How's that for willpower??? hehehe

Woohoo, well done!!

DH and I are also starting out on a healthier lifestyle. He has been doing kickboxing training 3 times a week and has altered his diet the same way you have - cutting out all soft drink, chocolate, all the junk he used to snack on from the canteen at work. He has lost 15kg in just a month He still has about 15kg to go but he is doing amazingly well and I am so proud of him.

I am not that overweight, probably only a few kilos but I joined the gym yesterday and I am so excited I'm hoping to drop a few kilos along the way but my main goal is to get out of the house and do something for myself, to get fit and strong and healthy. I figure that by me getting out there and getting active, I will be a good support to DH too

I need to cut the juice out of my diet too. I have days where that's all I drink Might be time to stop buying it all together because I have no self control over it. I think the rest of my diet is pretty OK, if anything I think I dont' eat enough some days because I am so busy with the kids.

Best of luck for continued success!!

That's awesome Shanti! I could have written you opening post word for word just about.

DS turned 1 on Saturday, party on Sunday - and then on Monday I have started making sure I walk everyday. I want to get into the habit of that, then I'm going to start focussing on changing my diet (that's going to be harder).

Well done Shanti - sounds like you are well and truly on track!

Thanks ladies!!!

Willow - juice is so bad isn't it? So yummy yet so full of sugar. I ALWAYS used to have to have a glass of juice in the morning with Bfast but I am no longer going to buy it. If I'm thirsty in the morning I just have to have water.
    Good on you for changing your lifestyle too!

I've bought some diet cordial and diet coke when I really feel like a sugary hit but that's all I am allowing myself and trying to be good with those too as I don't really like 'diet' things... not the best for our health. But when you have a sugar craving, they can help you to avoid that choccy bar or something!

And I can't buy ANY bad items and keep them in the cupboard otherwise I will eat them.

We have a HUGE packet of smarties in our pantry from DD's party but I haven't touched them because I am not the greatest fan of smarties anyway so thankfully! LOL!
    The desire to be slimmer is too strong anyway.

Sterla - well done mate! I need to step up on the walking a bit..... every day for me would be better I think!!

My main motivation to lose this weight is because I really want to be pregnant again soon with #2!!! And I do not want to be this weight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast