Thread: Karate

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default Karate

We had door knockers in the street when I came home, turns out they were from the old Karate School that DH joined as a life member in 1989. He hasn't practiced since about 1997 due to life and then a bad back etc. His back is ok now and he's starting to get more active and has been thinking of doing Karate again for a while because he really enjoyed it.

He spoke to the guy about it all and is going to a class next week...also got me to join as a life member for a fraction of the cost.

I'm looking forward to it as I'm sure it will help me get into shape quicker. I do go to the gym at work, but this will also be great fitness. We have to work out who is going when though so that one of us can be home with DD.

Anyone else doing Karate?

No, but me and DH is starting Mauy Thai next month ... I'm sure I'll be sore as hell that first two weeks, but also looking forward to doing it. Would DEFINATLY help me lose this darn weight .. and shape my butt

Not karate, but I've been doing Aikido for about 7 years. Last couple of years have been on and off with being pregnant, new mum, etc. Before I fell pregnant I was in training for my black belt. Will eventually go back and finish it off after this one is born. I sometimes teach the kids classes which is a lot of fun.

Any martial arts is fantastic exercise, not to mention all the self-defence, self-confidence benefits!

My DH started just over 12 months ago and I was going to start but found out I was pregnant. Definitely something I would like to do at some stage as he really enjoys it and I think I would get a lot out of it. He just got his green belt last week which was exciting.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm really looking forward to it. Thinking about dropping DD off at FIL & BIL's house, picking up BIL and the 3 of us going together sometimes.

Hi everyone.I have been practicing karate since 6 months and you know it's really fantastic to be there in karate....not only fitness but also self defense was my achievements and finally going through thick and thin to be perfect.Its sounds good you gonna be back after a long gap and I can assure you that as you had been with gym,it puts you in the safe side for better,fast improvement...great day gud luck